re.

Some one told me it looks as if it is closing

it closed about a month ago : (

someone in soi 1 told me the owner put the rent up so much

they couldnt make a profit anymore so they gave up and left

dave2

ps ... the shop is still shut so now the owners getting no rent : (

post-42592-0-36707500-1354529012_thumb.j

The sale prices of shop houses has been going up quite dramatically, especially the new ones. A 2 million baht (value 12 months ago) one I knew of got 10K rent, that one just sold for 4 million. Now does that mean the owner thinks they are going to now get 20K rent or they are just delighted with earning half the rent to value ratio of the old owner. And of course if the shop houses can actually start to charge a lot more rent then how does that effect the prices of the goods the tenants are selling and eventual inflation flow ons?

A bar failing. What are the chances. rolleyes.gif

Was it still the two English lads that took over from Steve and Tum about 3 years ago?

Surprised it wasn't put out of business long before now if so.

More like about 5 years ago that Steve & Tum sold it. The next owners were good people and now run the Bamboo Bar in San Sai. The "current" owner deserves no comment but is the reason (imo) the place has gone down the pan.

BTW, I had a couple of beers with Steve just over a week ago at the Khon Kaen Bike Party and he's enjoying life to the max. Good for him!

Cheers,

Pikey.

BTW, I had a couple of beers with Steve just over a week ago at the Khon Kaen Bike Party and he's enjoying life to the max. Good for him!

Good to hear. He was his own best customer at the time.

I remember he moved way out to Ubon when they sold it. Bought Tum a supermarket, Hilux and house, and six months later she was trying to 'borrow' 2,000b from me for her gambling addiction supermarket stock. I was called all sorts of nice names when I told her where to go. :rolleyes:

I can only hope she is well out of the picture as Steve deserves a lot better.

Edited by cbrer

Good to hear. He was his own best customer at the time.

I remember he moved way out to Ubon when they sold it. Bought Tum a supermarket, Hilux and house, and six months later she was trying to 'borrow' 2,000b from me for her gambling addiction supermarket stock. I was called all sorts of nice names when I told her where to go. rolleyes.gif

I can only hope she is well out of the picture as Steve deserves a lot better.

LOL, I remember those shennaingans and happy to say that Steve is doing fine for himself now!

I recall it had some very sketchy, desperate, rough, drunk women in there.

So I'm very sad to see it go. sad.png

so where will we find you now?

Well, there isn't a single place that's guaranteed to be good. It depends on the crowd. But if I had to pick one that's more likely to be good on any night then I'd say Carnival, on the other side of the 7-Eleven. Dragonfly also worth a look every time.

A bar failing. What are the chances. rolleyes.gif

Fortunately, at least one new bar opens up for any one that closes. ;)

Today I can report that Midnight will be opening again; possibly (likely, I guess) with a new name. New owners are an ex chef/waitress from Half Moon and her boyfriend. (Midnight is next to Sunset-Sunrise, which in turn is next to Mad Dog)

re.

Today I can report that Midnight will be opening again; possibly

errr um errr ... wrong !

coz the lump of a cashier ( a big girl ) who obviously knows me

( where from ive no idea ) has been trying to drag me

inside there for over a week ! so its up and running already : )

dave2

ps ... sunset bar has a new waffle stall which should be open soon ?

post-42592-0-27562800-1354580353_thumb.j

post-42592-0-28194700-1354580398_thumb.j

post-42592-0-21215800-1354580523_thumb.j

never changes the thais alway think they can charge more rent off a farlang in a bar if they think thay can get away with it.what is better someone in the place paying rent or a empty space looking for some one else to rent at the higher rate.no one will rent it at that price so it will stay empty for years.i know many places and land that have being empty for ages.one place is the old tiger bar near tony,s big bikes.still empty because the rent is too high and the price she wants to sell is just as high.things never change

re.

one place is the old tiger bar near tony,s big bikes.still empty

hes right : )

aussi ray moved tiger bar to soi 2 in october 10 and sold it to a

frenchman who changed it to paris bar in july 12 so the old tiger bar

has been empty for over two years with no rent coming in : (

dave2

post-42592-0-52021700-1354585288_thumb.j

post-42592-0-81619200-1354585382_thumb.j

re.

Today I can report that Midnight will be opening again; possibly

errr um errr ... wrong !

coz the lump of a cashier ( a big girl ) who obviously knows me

( where from ive no idea ) has been trying to drag me

inside there for over a week !

Ah, Sang. She used to make food at Half Moon, she may know you from there? Or from just walking down that soi all the time, you live close to there right (or used to) ? She doesn't miss much, memory of an elephant. (What you do with a camera and harddrive, she does in her head. :) )

Anyway that's interesting, especially that they didn't change the name. I'll go say hi in that case.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai