Galaxy Tab 2 Kuala Lumpur Scam

kevc

In KL today went to a mini MBK in Chinatown they were all selling Samsungs very cheap S2 499 ringet, Tab 2 10.1 899 ringet. They swore on their lives they were real but I couldn't understand how they could sell them so cheap. I asked at my hotel and the scam is they "register" it for you (which the guy in the shop told me) but neglected to tell me they charge you a set up fee of a few hundred ringet for doing so bringing it back to the real price and once they open the box you've bought it.

Just a warning in case anyone else thinks it's a good deal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Found out how it worked as I couldn't understand how the same prices were there for locals. They are contract ( pay 899 and so much per month) thats what they meant by registering for you reckon they must use a dodgy name and pay the year upfront and pocket the difference although only one shop would admit it up front

According to the hotel manager lot of tourist have fell for it and a lot given faulty ones when they don't accept it, when they've went back were told not my business you bought it your problem, she said most will not take it to the police and just write it off. As they say you get nowt for nowt but I for one was tempted until I asked a few locals.