Getting Rid Of Man-Boobs

MrMuddle

Swimming 15 minutes a day will get rid of them totally in less than one month.

I disagree. Swimming for 15 minutes a day won't achieve much at all. You won't build any muscle, and it won't burn much fat. Swimming is also a difficult task for most people as good technique can take years to perfect even with a good coach.

It's important to distinguish fat deposits on the chest area from gynecomastia. The latter will not disappear from exercise or even drugs. It's breast tissue which would require surgical removal. Even if the person with gynecomastia strips to low bodyfat levels the "tits" will still be evident.

It's important to distinguish between man boobs which are mostly fat tissue or breast tissue growth. Also important to know when the growth began. A significant portion of young men get some gyno during puberty which stays with them. Breast tissue can't be excercized away, but needs an operation to my knowledge, perhaps anti-estrogen can reduce it as well.

However, if you're overweight, some of the manboobery is likely also fat. I wouldn't personally consider an operation before having lost weight unless it's noticable where it really looks like 'bitch tits'. I think the operation itself is relatively uncomplicated and safe. Don't know if I'd let a Thai hospital do it though.

It's important to distinguish between man boobs which are mostly fat tissue or breast tissue growth. Also important to know when the growth began. A significant portion of young men get some gyno during puberty which stays with them. Breast tissue can't be excercized away, but needs an operation to my knowledge, perhaps anti-estrogen can reduce it as well.

However, if you're overweight, some of the manboobery is likely also fat. I wouldn't personally consider an operation before having lost weight unless it's noticable where it really looks like 'bitch tits'. I think the operation itself is relatively uncomplicated and safe. Don't know if I'd let a Thai hospital do it though.

Thai hospitals have a lot of experience putting in tits - I reckon taking them out shouldn't be a problem either.biggrin.png

Actually they are fine for doing this operation. A know a guy who had it done in Bumrungrad. It cost a lot though.

I agree it's a good idea to lose the excess fat first - that's they only way it should be done. Strip all the bodyfat first and see what's left.

Edited by tropo

Thai hospitals have a lot of experience putting in tits - I reckon taking them out shouldn't be a problem either.biggrin.png

Actually they are fine for doing this operation. A know a guy who had it done in Bumrungrad. It cost a lot though.

I agree it's a good idea to lose the excess fat first - that's they only way it should be done. Strip all the bodyfat first and see what's left.

I have seen the results of the operation and it is not pretty. I am not sure that it looks much better than having the bitch tits. And of course the operation doesnt get rid of the problem as you still have the excess estrogen in your system which is why you should try to do whatever you can first before considering the operation.

I have seen the results of the operation and it is not pretty. I am not sure that it looks much better than having the bitch tits. And of course the operation doesnt get rid of the problem as you still have the excess estrogen in your system which is why you should try to do whatever you can first before considering the operation.

With some anti estrogen tablets its quite easy to lower your estrogen. Then of course you need to find the root of the problem but at least you have lowered the estrogen in the mean while.

But of course before this all just take a simple test to see if its estrogen. I believe i paid around 300-500 bt for one not sure as i did a load of thyroid ones too.

I do believe in going for the root cause but on the other hand i am not hesitant to take some tablets to remedy it fast while finding out the root cause.

I would have thought "man boobs" comes with age too,just as tropo stated.As you age testosterone levels decrease,muscles slacken.Older ladies (way after menopause sets in) boobs drop too.The years cannot always be held back.Perhaps specific exercises could help.

You don't have to look like that there was a post about a 90yo bodybuilder and he still looked fit. (not huge or anything but in great shape )

Its all about exercise and food, but that is of course not easy because most people want to eat what they like and be lazy.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622351-why-bodybuilding-at-age-93-is-a-great-idea/

The guy in the youtube clip makes some excelent observations.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

I would have thought "man boobs" comes with age too,just as tropo stated.As you age testosterone levels decrease,muscles slacken.Older ladies (way after menopause sets in) boobs drop too.The years cannot always be held back.Perhaps specific exercises could help.

As men get older they usually get higher estrogen levels . Read this for a more comprehensive explanation.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/305870-does-a-mans-estrogen-level-rise-as-his-testosterone-level-gets-lower-after-40/

Lots of reasons for why one might develop gyno, that is why it's important to notice if it's a new thing or from puberty or something that came with obesity. Fat stores estrogen. Did it come with use of medication (steroids)?

If it has always been there but is now more noticable, then it's most realistic that it is just fat gyno, but if it gradually gets worse, then it could be for a number of reasons. Any surgeon would check hormone levels first before doing the operation. People with untreated underlying conditions do not get surgery before that is taken care of, or at least that's what people say, you could probably easily find a doctor who didn't care, but still, it's normal to get a check up first.

Lots of reasons for why one might develop gyno, that is why it's important to notice if it's a new thing or from puberty or something that came with obesity. Fat stores estrogen. Did it come with use of medication (steroids)?

If it has always been there but is now more noticable, then it's most realistic that it is just fat gyno, but if it gradually gets worse, then it could be for a number of reasons. Any surgeon would check hormone levels first before doing the operation. People with untreated underlying conditions do not get surgery before that is taken care of, or at least that's what people say, you could probably easily find a doctor who didn't care, but still, it's normal to get a check up first.

"any surgeon would check hormone levels first before doing the operation".

I don't believe most surgeons here in Thailand would give a hoot about hormone levels, especially if you're a Farang with health insurance. If they have a chance to get paid to use their knives, they're in. There's so many stories about unnecessary operations being done here I'm surprised you said that.

There's no need to trust surgeons. The basic hormones can be tested for around 600 baht per piece. Estradiol and testosterone tests should suffice - 1000 to 1200 baht average.

Edited by tropo

Incidentally i have a receipt here, 500 for Testosterone & 600 for Estrogen testing.

The test will tell the normal range for the age, and then its down to pinpoint the dose of an Aromatase Inhibitor

like for example Anastrozole it takes to keep it within range, by making another test after

lets say a month

and see updated values

Edited by poanoi

• 1 month later...

Has anybody had the oral tests for T levels because when you start reading a bit about the topic there are researchers who say that only the saliva tests give accurate measurements?

The 24 hour urine test is the most accurate. You collect urine over a 24 hour period then decant into bottles and ship off to lab, this way you get your average over a 24 hour period insted of a snap shot. Also zince will block the conversion of T to estrogen as this happens as we get older. In a 3 month period lowered my psa from a 10 to 2.7, raised my t to 800 from 300 and raised my free to 150, lowered my estrogen to aceptable limits sorry donot remember the numbers for estrogen. I used a combination of finsteride, zinc, t replacement using a cream but became more diligent in application. feel much better now. I am 67. For the zinc I use a liquid product shipped from I herb in the states, if you use a tablet form no more than 90ml a day

Has anybody had the oral tests for T levels because when you start reading a bit about the topic there are researchers who say that only the saliva tests give accurate measurements?

The 24 hour urine test is the most accurate. You collect urine over a 24 hour period then decant into bottles and ship off to lab, this way you get your average over a 24 hour period insted of a snap shot. Also zince will block the conversion of T to estrogen as this happens as we get older. In a 3 month period lowered my psa from a 10 to 2.7, raised my t to 800 from 300 and raised my free to 150, lowered my estrogen to aceptable limits sorry donot remember the numbers for estrogen. I used a combination of finsteride, zinc, t replacement using a cream but became more diligent in application. feel much better now. I am 67. For the zinc I use a liquid product shipped from I herb in the states, if you use a tablet form no more than 90ml a day

Zinc is ultra important for prostate health and general health. Many people are zinc deficient. Easy to test. You drink a bit of zinc liquid in water and if you dont taste anything you are zinc deficient. If it tastes horrible then you are okaysmile.png

Zinc is ultra important for prostate health and general health. Many people are zinc deficient. Easy to test. You drink a bit of zinc liquid in water and if you dont taste anything you are zinc deficient. If it tastes horrible then you are okaysmile.png

I'd like to try that. Can you get this zinc liquid in Thailand?

Why bother with liquid when there are pills ?

i bought zinc pills at foodland

Because I want to try the zinc test Tolley mentioned, to test if I have sufficient.

I already take zinc as part of a multi-vitamin/mineral... but this is never a guarantee that you're getting enough because it may not be assimilated.

Why bother with liquid when there are pills ?

i bought zinc pills at foodland

Because I want to try the zinc test Tolley mentioned, to test if I have sufficient.

I already take zinc as part of a multi-vitamin/mineral... but this is never a guarantee that you're getting enough because it may not be assimilated.

I don't know if you can get liquid zinc here as I buy everything in Oz.

The liquid zinc is much better absorbed and is the preferred method if you have a zinc deficiency.

http://ethicalnutrients.com.au/content/products/zinc-test

Check the link for details. The ethical nutrients brand available in Oz is probably the best quality vitamins/supplements along with Mediherb. You can probably get it online or buy another brand here and try the test.

If your digestion is good and you eat a bit of red meat I doubt that you are zinc deficient.