Radio Stations

johnh101

What radio stations do you listen to in Pattaya, I have a bitch of a time getting one with a decent reception.

Try 89.75, it's A bangkok stn, but comes through perfectly and it's all

English speaking and good western music.

What radio stations do you listen to in Pattaya, I have a bitch of a time getting one with a decent reception.

Try 89.75, it's A bangkok stn, but comes through perfectly and it's all

English speaking and good western music.

Thats FM of course

Try Metropolis 107 fm. It is a classic music station out of Bangkok but the reception is OK here in Pattaya. And it just so happens that I am on their every weekend (Sat 20.00 - 00.00 and Sun 16.00 - 20.00)!

89.75 is not a Bangkok station, it is a Pattaya one and is not Live, it is fully automated which is a shame because the music is pretty good. I guess the work permit issue prevents them from going live with western DJ's

Edited by hm1973

Try Metropolis 107 fm. It is a classic music station out of Bangkok but the reception is OK here in Pattaya. And it just so happens that I am on their every weekend (Sat 20.00 - 00.00 and Sun 16.00 - 20.00)!

89.75 is not a Bangkok station, it is a Pattaya one and is not Live, it is fully automated which is a shame because the music is pretty good. I guess the work permit issue prevents them from going live with western DJ's

I live about 15kms outside Pattaya near lake Mabprachan, and for some reason I can't get FM107 or any of the Pattaya stations. I might get them if I put up a high FM aerial, but haven't bothered yet. Don't know if this is a solution for you, but I am fairly addicted to radio, and I listen to BBC radios 2, 4, 5 and six via the internet. I have speakers set up around my house and pool, wired into the PC output, and the quality isn't at all bad. I also occasionally listen to Bangkok FM107 through the internet. Another way of relaying the signal is via cordless headphones - I bought some for less than 1000 Baht in Pantip, and I get good reception from the computer head phone socket up to 30 meters away. Hope this is of help to you and others. :o:D

Thanks Howard.

I still find the reception is not very good, 107 is probably slightly better but it is not consistent enough when driving around the town. 89.75 is barely audible in the car.

For those who get bad reception with their favorite FM station, TRY THIS

It's a simple and easy plan to make antenna for FM reception. It took me 15 minutes to build it and can now listen to 107 FM clearly in Chonburi.

The cross section at 4 feet , 9 inches long will give good reception across the FM dial.

If you want better reception for a specific station, just remember the formula shown. Divide the radio station's frequency by 468 for the lenght of the cross section of the antenna.

Ex: FM 107

107 / 468 = 4feet, 4 inches across.

The vertical cable of the antenna can be any lenght.

I've stapled it on a wood lath which you can run outside the house and fix to a wall. You'll simply need to find the best direction to point it at first. No No need installing it on the roof to avoid lighnting strikes.

I live about 15kms outside Pattaya near lake Mabprachan, and for some reason I can't get FM107 or any of the Pattaya stations. I might get them if I put up a high FM aerial, but haven't bothered yet. Don't know if this is a solution for you, but I am fairly addicted to radio, and I listen to BBC radios 2, 4, 5 and six via the internet. I have speakers set up around my house and pool, wired into the PC output, and the quality isn't at all bad. I also occasionally listen to Bangkok FM107 through the internet. Another way of relaying the signal is via cordless headphones - I bought some for less than 1000 Baht in Pantip, and I get good reception from the computer head phone socket up to 30 meters away. Hope this is of help to you and others. :o:D

Mobi, how do you connect to the internet, I am just lucky to have a neighbour connected and that shared, but I've noticed that asking for the TOT's service it's almost impossible

Mobi, how do you connect to the internet, I am just lucky to have a neighbour connected and that shared, but I've noticed that asking for the TOT's service it's almost impossible

Depends where you live. If you're not more than 10 kms outside Pattaya you have the choice of TT&T, True, and Loxinfo who will provide broadband and Hutch who provide mobile broad band. The first three require a landline, Hutch doesn't, but for Hutch you will need a Thai to be the subscriber, as they won't accept farangs without work permits. If you're more than 10 kms out (like me) your choice is Loxinfo Ipstar satellite (which of course you can also use in Pattaya proper), or possibly Hutch. You don't need a landline for Ipstar. If you have a landline, you can use dial up in any location - just buy a card from loxinfo and you're up and running. It's bit slow but better than nothing. I think that covers it all. By the way, True and TT & T (TOT) are pretty lousy. Loxinfo is much better. :o

Depends where you live. If you're not more than 10 kms outside Pattaya you have the choice of TT&T, True, and Loxinfo who will provide broadband and Hutch who provide mobile broad band. The first three require a landline, Hutch doesn't, but for Hutch you will need a Thai to be the subscriber, as they won't accept farangs without work permits. If you're more than 10 kms out (like me) your choice is Loxinfo Ipstar satellite (which of course you can also use in Pattaya proper), or possibly Hutch. You don't need a landline for Ipstar. If you have a landline, you can use dial up in any location - just buy a card from loxinfo and you're up and running. It's bit slow but better than nothing. I think that covers it all. By the way, True and TT & T (TOT) are pretty lousy. Loxinfo is much better. :o

Yerah, I wanted to install the TOT High Speed Internet, but I was advised that it's coming soon in my area and from the faces of the other farangs in the TOT office, I've noticed that the coming soon could last more than 4 or 5 months without any result :D