Security Issue With New Chevrolet Trailblazer

Farang Paul

I recently purchased a new Trailblazer and was happy with it.

It came supplied with two keys - one with remote and one without.

If you lock the car with the key without the remote the tailgate stays unlocked. There is no way you can lock all the doors with this key.

As a result, if you were not aware of this you could walk away from your vehicle thinking it is locked when it isn't!

I contacted the dealer who offered me a second remote key - then tried to charge me 4,500 Baht for it. I refused to pay on the basis that having paid 1.5 Million I expect the supplier to provide me with two keys that work.

I then contacted Chrysler head office in Thailand who simply ignored me.

They did however get back to the dealer who contacted me and made the statement that he would reduce the price of the key, but that he couldn't just give me one.

I now wonder - if they can release a new car with such a major error, not notice it - then do nothing about it when it is pointed out. What does this say for their attentention to detail on the mechanics of the car Brakes, ABS etc.

Chrysler Thailand need to get their act together or customers will walk away when they hear of issues like this.

• Like 1

while i can see your frustration, do not you think worrying about 4500 baht after spending 1.5 million is rather time wasting.

pay the 4500 and get on with your lifewai2.gif

That is why customer services is abyssal in Thailand. Obviously, as people do not want to discuss with the dealer and the maker turns a deaf ear... no progress can ever be made.

In any case, at the risk of repeating something well-known... GM products suck in general.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

while i can see your frustration, do not you think worrying about 4500 baht after spending 1.5 million is rather time wasting.

But at the same time providing only one remote key with a 1.5 million baht vehicle (or any vehicle for that matter) is ridiculous cost cutting by Chev.

Wow I cannot believe it. I just went to my new trailblazer and tested it thinking that you might have made a mistake and it is TRUE. If I try to lock my new car without the remote key the tailgate remains unlocked. I can't even lock it manually. This is terrible because my partner has the remote key and I carry the other. I am upset that this has been made public because now I have to worry about my car and it's contents whenever I am out. BUT thank you for drawing it to my attention! I WILL be contacting Chevy too. This is a ridiculous mistake which should have been realised long before the car went on sale.

Lemoncake - of course I can afford 4,500 baht. You miss the point completely!

Others may lose their car or its contents believing they have left it locked.

Chrysler is failing completely to react to a problem that that should never have occurred in thge first place.

If you can't afford 1.5 million to buy a Trailblazer - then don't bother to post in this thread

• Like 1

Tosh, rolleyes.gif Sheeeeeeeeeesh. A new ride has TWO supplied keys to start the thing. coffee1.gif

I have a Trailblazer, at the beginning I was supplied with one remote key and one manual (Isuzu give 2+1). So I got a second remote key as spare. End of story.

But I can understand that, despite the big sales of Chevrolet this year, the service still not so professional. In my case I still waiting for the English translation of the Navigation system, available at the moment in BKK only. I got my car in Krabi and they don't have a clue of what I was asking them. But after an Email to Chevrolet Thailand, a call came after a day to apologize and ask to wait a little to have the GPS in English.

That is why customer services is abyssal in Thailand. Obviously, as people do not want to discuss with the dealer and the maker turns a deaf ear... no progress can ever be made.

In any case, at the risk of repeating something well-known... GM products suck in general.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

well posting on thai visa is not going to fix or rectify the situation is it?

wheels for BMW are also sold for double the regular price, it is the mentality, if someone can afford the car, they can afford to pay for the key.

does not mean i agree with the policy, but it is what it is.

on the other hand, if someone was complaining about 15 000 000 baht car not having the key, then we could continue to debate what should be, but on the larger scale of things, 1500 000 baht is not exactly top range. in Australia car is not even considered luxury if it cost under $60 000=1800 000thb

So the tailgate can only be locked electrically? Not from inside the vehicle or from outside?

Chevrolet provides one key for the driver plus one "dumb" key for emergency access. Probably intended to be secured or hidden somewhere on the vehicle for emergency use. If more than one driver require there own key then spares are available from the parts dept. Seems logical.

Had the OP asked fro two keys at the outset the bill would have been 1,504.500, which would probably have been paid without even thinking.

If anyone is at fault it is the salesman for not asking "How many keys do you need, sir?"

Is there any other manufacturer who sells a car without TWO working keys.

I suggest a letter, fax and e-mail to the MD of Chevrolet in the USA may produce some results.

Toyota Fortuner has 2 remote keys and a spare key provided. using the key without remote locks all doors plus rear. Just thinking about the Trailblazer I can't see why a key won't lock the rear door when inseted in the front door lock maybe there is a wire needs to be run to rear lock. Does locking the door from the door control inside the car lock the rear door. Also when driving do all the doors lock automatically.

Chrysler and Chevy are both owned by Government Motors now???

I think it's a slap in the face of new owners to only supply one remote key.

Does the Trailbruiser not have a little button in the glovebox to lock/unlock the boot?