High Temp Exhaust Paint

Lancelot

The front exhaust pipe on my CBR 150 was looking gnarly, so yesterday was paint day! Two nuts where the front pipe connects to the exhaust port and two bolts connecting the exhaust system to the frame and its on the ground. Spent three hours wire brusing and sanding.

post-2362-0-69581900-1354688697_thumb.jp

Bosny High temp gloss, 259 a can at Tesco

post-2362-0-86643200-1354688899_thumb.jp

Before

post-2362-0-81136500-1354688949_thumb.jp

After

I "cured" the paint by staring the engine and letting her idle for 15 seconds. Cool off, then 20 seconds. I did thie six times. Drove the bike last night on a short tirp to eat, then back to my room after aboiut one hour. The after pic was taken this morning.

Time will tell :)

PS- Bosny paint is made in Thailand under Englis Trade Mark, so If it peels off, I'm blaming it on the UK folks, Ha!

www.bosny.com There are a few clips on You Tube, one is in Russian with a guy painting his car muffler !

The powder coating on my 2nd pipe behind couldnt take the heat

the first decimeter after cylinder,

is this stuff more heat resistant than powder coating ?

Beats me. I kept googling High Tem Paint and Bosny came up several times, along with others, noteably VHT. There was also a report on Singapore Bikes that a poster had had success with Bosny. Its rated 1,200 F, which is maybe 650 C?

At the front bend, the gloss has faded but I expected that. Time will tell. I'll report back in a couple of months with a pic.

The muffler on my CBR250 got rusty very quickly, so did the same with that about a year ago. Is still okay except for a small bit of rust starting to creep in around the outlet.

What tbrand paint did you use?

• 3 weeks later...