Russians Recover Stolen Bag From Beach Thief

Rimmer

I pay 300 Baht for 3 hours work and I tried already 7 ladies. Mostly they quit because their buffalo is sick.

300 THB for 3 hours work and you have already had 7 people walk and you are derogatory about them refusing to be your slave?

You obviously don't know much about wages in Thailand. This is good pay for semi-skilled labor.

but Pattaya is not the real Thailand.

The living costs here are not same and the education is not same as well.

Low wages are not a justification for a crime.

I completely agree with you on all 3 points andre47.

Whilst low pay is no excuse for crime unfortunately is is a major factor. I lived in Pattaya for 9 years so have a fair understanding how the place works and it is a bottom up economy with all levels feeling the economic pinch.I love Thailand so am not one of the lemming Pattaya bashers but I do see things that make me sad. As you say Pattaya like say Phuket is as far from being Thai as Blackpool is!

Slave?? My girlfrind work in a restaurant and she earns 200 Baht + tip for 10 hours work. So why 300 Baht for 3 hours is a slave salary. We are here in Thailand...

And you are happy letting the world know you let your g/f work for that?

Yes we are in Thailand but is that any excuse for exploitation.

It is not my intend to exploit somebody and I don't do that. I always look to the free labour market. The Thai goverment wants to increase the minimum salary from January 1st to 300 Baht per day. Many people in Thailand are against that. I don't make the rules. 300 Baht for 3 hours for a cleaning job is a good salary here in Thailand, but Pattaya is not the real Thailand. You cannot compare the salary of a European country with Thailand. In Europe e.g. you cannot buy a meal for 30 Baht or rent a room for 2500 Baht/month. The living costs here are not same and the education is not same as well.

Anyway, if people want they can find work here and they can live from their salary. Low wages are not a justification for a crime.

You are a lucky man.

Finding a girlfriend who will stay with you, even if you are totally broke, and also work for a bit of money to sustain the household.

Maybe because I never had to be that lucky. I just gave my girlfriend some money every month.

I can't condone it , but isn't it ironic that this guy gets the full force of the law coming down on him for 460bt + a mobile phone , whilst not so far away Mr Thieving Jet ski scammer can openly rob and threaten tourists for 50,000bt ....and do so with complete immunity ?

Amazing and miraculous indeed !

i was watching some tourists swimming in pattaya and they were having a great time , yet they left their camera and bags on the sand and did not even look to see if they would be safe .when they got out I told them of the dangers , should there be signs on the beach area warning tourists?

People should apply common sense, you probably would not do this anywhere else in the world, why do it here? It just encourages the thieves, no sympathy for the dull Russian, he was lucky to get his bag back.

'There are so many companies here in Pattaya cannot find people for work, but many Thais are looking only for the 'easy' way.'...

A Thai friend of mine was excited that he had managed to get a job at a hotel here in Patts,but first he had to pay money 10.000Baht to whomever was getting him the job......

If this is true ,he was only being paid 12,000 Baht per month,then for some job seekers, it's a vicious circle.

i was watching some tourists swimming in pattaya and they were having a great time , yet they left their camera and bags on the sand and did not even look to see if they would be safe .when they got out I told them of the dangers , should there be signs on the beach area warning tourists?

That's always a nice idea however who reads signs? And how big would

the sign have to be to accommodate a multitude of languages other than

Thai?

There are so many companies here in Pattaya cannot find people for work, but many Thais are looking only for the 'easy' way.

Really? Can you PM the list as I have a couple of Thai friends looking for work......

You only need to walk around Pattaya to see many job vacancies in shops, restaurants, hotels. The problem is that in high season, the staff often disappear to work as prostitutes or rent boys because the money is better and the life easier. That's what a restaurant friend of mine told me.

I think,perhaps, there is a mis-understanding of the Pattaya demographic. Like every other tourist destination in the world, Pattaya attracts a class of person from all over Thailand who congregate to make a quick baht (buck) by any means possible except hard work. And they are prepared to steal from farang tourist or Thai alike. Subsequently Pattaya has a more than generous proportion of bottom feeders. Please dont judge Thailand by these bottom feeders as they are all over the world.

paymaster, great post. Obviously, you have learned something from your experiences. I've met guys who had no clue about Thai culture even after numerous visits. Seems that those who travel a lot would eventually begin to grasp some realities of the human world. In my younger days I got ripped off by taxi drivers in Bangkok, Manila, San Francisco, and Memphis, Tennessee. From these experiences, I learned how to avoid getting ripped off. But I also learned that humans are human (i.e., have faults) everywhere in the world.

There are so many companies here in Pattaya cannot find people for work, but many Thais are looking only for the 'easy' way.

Really? Can you PM the list as I have a couple of Thai friends looking for work......

For the benefit of your Thai friends:

post-167660-0-07749500-1355099153_thumb.

post-167660-0-34552600-1355099182_thumb.

These were taken yesterday at two different hotels on Soi 1 Beach Road so the listings are current; between the two of them, there's like 30 openings. I would venture to say that similar help-wanted signs would be found at most hotels (and many restos and shops too) along the beach. Maybe your friends should get out and look around a bit.

• Like 2

Are you kidding me...are they at least educated enough to read Thai as there are signs at just about every restaurant, shop, and hotel in town looking for staff (both skilled and unskilled).

Yes exactly!

My girlfriend is working in a restaurant. They are always looking for staff. I go eat every day in a German restaurant in Naklua. They are also looking for staff.

I am also looking for a woman tp clean my house once a week. I pay 300 Baht for 3 hours work and I tried already 7 ladies. Mostly they quit because their buffalo is sick.

Never before in my life I saw so many lazy people like here in Pattaya. I get angry about this every day. Go in some shop and try to ask the staff about something. Mostly they cannot or dont want help you. Many of them feel that your question is disturbing them. I am happy that I dont have to run any business here.

It is not only Pattaya. It is the whole country....from small business' to the big box stores. The funny ones have "Special order desks" where you can order nothing unless it is on the store shelf? They carry it but they are out... still can't order....Big problems when you are building a house......lol

It is not only Pattaya. It is the whole country....from small business' to the big box stores. The funny ones have "Special order desks" where you can order nothing unless it is on the store shelf? They carry it but they are out... still can't order....Big problems when you are building a house......lol

A friend of mine recently went on a mision to fit out his new ondo. Went to all the normal places for TV's and stuff and was guided in his decision by generally nice staff.

Everytime he decided to buy a product he was told it was out of stock. <deleted> is that all about? Yes we have this all singing, all danching TV but sorry you cant have it!

One of the many frustrations that once understood allows you to live in this wonderful country......

I pay 300 Baht for 3 hours work and I tried already 7 ladies. Mostly they quit because their buffalo is sick.

300 THB for 3 hours work and you have already had 7 people walk and you are derogatory about them refusing to be your slave?

You do understand that the minimum daily wage here is 300thb right? And that is for a full day of work which for Thailand is 10+ hrs. So he is paying 300thb for only 3 hours of work and you accuse him of being a slave driver?

Perhaps you'd be best just paying your thai "friends" whatever they need so that they won't be subjected to the ridicule of actually working a job

• Like 1

I can't condone it , but isn't it ironic that this guy gets the full force of the law coming down on him for 460bt + a mobile phone , whilst not so far away Mr Thieving Jet ski scammer can openly rob and threaten tourists for 50,000bt ....and do so with complete immunity ?

Amazing and miraculous indeed !

Unemployed & Un connected .

You do understand that the minimum daily wage here is 300thb right? And that is for a full day of work which for Thailand is 10+ hrs. So he is paying 300thb for only 3 hours of work and you accuse him of being a slave driver?

Perhaps you'd be best just paying your thai "friends" whatever they need so that they won't be subjected to the ridicule of actually working a job

Minimum daily wage by province in Thailand, note for Pattaya is 273 baht per day, so the poster is actually paying more, lets assume the other 27 baht per hour is considered a tip.

http://photo-journ.com/downloadable-documents/thailand-minimum-daily-wage-per-province-from-april-1-2012/#axzz2F0ed0des