Sending Parts Out Of Thailand For Upgrades?

fatbastard68

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, here goes.....

Has anyone sent a bike part out of the country to have have some upgrades done to it and then had it sent back to them in Thailand?

I have a few parts I'd like to send out like a throttle body and or heads for an example to have some work done. Shipping there can't be a problem, but getting it back in would create problems right? I don't want to pay import duty on something that I don't have to.

Is there a special exemption form the post office might have? I haven't had much luck there yet

Again looking for insight to this particular topic, not other optionssmile.png

Thanks in advance for any help

Gerry.

Interesting question & sorry I have no actual experience to claim but,

Was curious what country did you want to send the parts out to for work?

Reason I ask is it seems many get hit with various import duties when using

companies like DHL,FedEx or UPS for incoming packages but none on USPS

So if it were me I would send out anyway Thai Airmail being cheapest even registered but make sure

they are sent back USPS if going to the USA

I have received many packages from the USA via USPS usually Priority Air

& never once been charged any additional charges.

Good Luck

Edited by mania

Should be straight forward. Customs broker applies for and pays for on your behalf an Export declaration. Then you send the stuff out and when it comes back the paperwork is still inside the box etc, etc.

OR go to DHL office or UPS office (I personally would avoid FedEx unless they are the only one near you) get them to pack it all up for you etc and get it sent back the same way.

Easiest way maybe be get someone to engrave your address on the parts with an electronic engraver in Thai so when they come back anyone querying can see they came from here.

If the US filling out a US, a return thingy form from the company you are sending it to may suffice.

Or just send them out argue the fact and pay whatever duty when they return.

You may also try this in the SME forum?

Thanks for the responses,

Mania, I will only send to USA possibly Australia. Any parts I have shipped come by USPS (post office) anyways cos I don't trust courier companies.

VocalNeal,A customs broker is what I will look for next thanks, again I want to try and avoid the likes of FEDEX DHL etc..I have also posted this in the SME forum but no responses yet

Thanks,

Gerry.