Retirement Visa Renewed

Last week I went to the immigration office in Jomtein. I had the following forms to renew my retirement visa. Letter from the U.S. Embassy for my annuities. Copy of my bank statement. Letter from my bank showing my balance. Medical certificate. Copies of my passport pages and passport picture. I checked in at the immigration about 10:30 A.M. and the immigration officer checked out all my paperwork. He said come back at 2:00 P.M. I got back to the immigration at about 1:30 P.M. and it was finalized. No problem.

One thing is. When I went to the U.S. Embassy for a nortorized statement. It took over 1 1/2 hours for the guy to notorize it. I was the first in line at 7:30 A.M. I asked why it takes so long for it to be notorized and they said they only have one person to sign it.

Cost of everything.

Letter from the U.S. Embassy. 1200 baht

Letter from Bank for bank balance. 200 baht

Medical Certificate. 150 baht

Immigration charge to renew. 1900 baht

copies of all forms & pics (approximately). 100 baht

Total Cost 3550 baht

All the help I was given to renew my visa, was from lopburi3 and Dr Pat Pong. They should be thanked and appreciated from everyone that is given help from them. Myself I appreciate there help and advice.

Last week I went to the immigration office in Jomtein. I had the following forms to renew my retirement visa. Letter from the U.S. Embassy for my annuities. Copy of my bank statement. Letter from my bank showing my balance. Medical certificate. Copies of my passport pages and passport picture. I checked in at the immigration about 10:30 A.M. and the immigration officer checked out all my paperwork. He said come back at 2:00 P.M. I got back to the immigration at about 1:30 P.M. and it was finalized. No problem.

One thing is. When I went to the U.S. Embassy for a nortorized statement. It took over 1 1/2 hours for the guy to notorize it. I was the first in line at 7:30 A.M. I asked why it takes so long for it to be notorized and they said they only have one person to sign it.

Cost of everything.

Total Cost 3550 baht

All the help I was given to renew my visa, was from lopburi3 and Dr Pat Pong. They should be thanked and appreciated from everyone that is given help from them. Myself I appreciate there help and advice.

Congratulations

Did you tink of applying for a re-entry permit ?

Cost of everything.

Total Cost 3550 baht

Congratulations

Did you tink of applying for a re-entry permit ?

Didn't think about the re-entry permit. I am planning on going back to the states in April or May. I guess i'll have to go to the immigration office and fill out the TM 8 form when I get back to Thailand then.

I hope you were joking in your last post about filling out the TM.8 after you return to Thailand? :o

You must have a re-entry permit prior to leaving Thailand to keep your extension of stay alive. You can either get it at immigration now or before flight (I would recommend asap) or do at Don Muang in Terminal after you have checked in and received your boarding pass (which means you had best check in very early). A single re entry will only cost you 1,000 baht and should only take a few minutes to process so I would suggest you do it now, rather than later.

Thanks for the help lopburi3 and Dr Pat Pong. Another thing I didn't know about the thai immigration process. I plan on another trip to Pattaya immigration for my check in date 1st of April. I will fill out the TM8 form the same date. Thanks for the warning and the help again.

My next 90 day reporting is due at the end of March. Can I apply for a re-entry permit then? even if I do not know my next date of travel out of the kingdom.

Is a single entry re entry permit valid for an indefinite length of time?

My next 90 day reporting is due at the end of March. Can I apply for a re-entry permit then? even if I do not know my next date of travel out of the kingdom.

Is a single entry re entry permit valid for an indefinite length of time?

Hi, your re-entry permit will be valid from the date of issue until the last day of your permit of stay date stamp already in your passport now.

Congrats on your renewal Larry.

Did Immigration request to see proof of funds being transferred into your Thai bank account from outside Thailand?

I had copies of my savings account with a thai bank and a statement from them showing the account balance. I had the funds transfer from one bank to another. But I don't think they looked. I think they were more interested in seeing the money balance.