Gulf Air Bkk To London

Soph

I am about to book a flight with Gulf Air back to the UK, can anyone tell me what this airline are like as I have never flown with them before, and I like to know these things before I go (I am very scard of flying!) Do they have TV's?

Thanks.

I am about to book a flight with Gulf Air back to the UK, can anyone tell me what this airline are like as I have never flown with them before, and I like to know these things before I go (I am very scard of flying!) Do they have TV's?

Thanks.

You are aware that you will need to change aircraft enroute in the middle East somewhere ?

If your first flight is late it can be very time consuming as the connecting flight might not wait for you meaning long wait.

I would prefer a non-stop flight

Yes thanks Krub, I have a 4 hour stop over in Bahrain, no worries - its not the stop over bit that bothers me, its the flying part. I usually fly with Emirates, but as money is a bit tight this trip, I had to take the cheapy option.

So anyway, have you flown Gulf Air?

Yes thanks Krub, I have a 4 hour stop over in Bahrain, no worries - its not the stop over bit that bothers me, its the flying part. I usually fly with Emirates, but as money is a bit tight this trip, I had to take the cheapy option.

So anyway, have you flown Gulf Air?

I have flown Gulf Air many times between BKK and the Gulf area (employer's choice of airline, not mine). They are almost always delayed and their ground staff are not helpful. The cabin staff are OK. All of their aircraft have only got suspended monitors in economy with no program selection. Not sure about business class. Best to take something to read especially if you have a 4 hour layover in Bahrain...crummy little dump of an airport.

bon voyage...

I have flown BKK/ LHR with Gulf air and would describe the service / plane etc as very average not too bad for the money.

Coming back LHR/BKK delayed 4 hrs at Heathrow because of a computer malfunction at Air Traffic Control (worse than any Gulf Air related short coming) and missed connection in Abu Dhabi, Gulf Air put us up in good Hotel with three meals and one free international phone call. Must say something about underlying atitude to service.

Join frequent flyers club on line for extra 10KGs free baggage.

Edited by spacebass