Abhisit, Suthep: Death Before Amnesty Bill, No Compromises To Whitewash Thaksin

webfact

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a hard concept for Thaksin and his PTP lackeys to understand - that someone would take a stance on a moral position where there is no benefit to themselves.

Examples Please. Suthep the campion of morality. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I have to say that I would love to see that toad Suthep do a long stretch in jail. Abhisit, doesn't really matter, he is inconsequential.

• Like 2

Many people in this country have said many times over, that they would take responsibility for this and that.

Let's just wait and see, how these "heroic" men follow this through.

Do you wanna bet?

• Like 1

Many people in this country have said many times over, that they would take responsibility for this and that.

Do you wanna bet?

Yes i do "wanna bet".

Abhisit has said this all along and stays in the country.even though facing a possible death penalty.

Thaksin ran away from a 2 year jail sentence and still has not got enough guts to return and face the music.

• Like 2

This will be a hard concept for Thaksin and his PTP lackeys to understand - that someone would take a stance on a moral position where there is no benefit to themselves.

Examples Please. Suthep the campion of morality. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

My mistake. I will amend my statement to

This will be a hard concept for Thaksin, his PTP lackeys, and their morally challenged supporters, to understand..............................

Yeah, yeah AV & ST are big men now, making their claims of fighting the charges in the name of justice. Just wait till things get closer to sentencing and you will see them crying (again) and doing anything they can to avoid jail.

Remember TS only left the country after the bent court had found him guilty.

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah AV & ST are big men now, making their claims of fighting the charges in the name of justice. Just wait till things get closer to sentencing and you will see them crying (again) and doing anything they can to avoid jail.

Actually, he did a runner before he was found guilty.

• Like 1

That would be the "bent court" that didn't accept his bribe?

• Like 1

Reconciliation bill even if it is passed, has nothing to do with the crime against humanity

committed. The persons in charge of ordering heavily armed soldiers to open fire on unarmed

civilians will still be brought to justice - amnesty are only for the victims or political prisoners

who are still on trials and in prisons. People will never allow reconciliation with murderers.

Edited by theodorebagwell
  • Like 1

Reconciliation bill even if it is passed, has nothing to do with the crime against humanity

committed. The persons in charge of ordering heavily armed soldiers to open fire on unarmed

civilians will still be brought to justice - amnesty are only for the victims or political prisoners

who are still in on trials and in prisons. People will never allow reconciliation with murderers.

Is it OK if the persons in charge ordered the heavily armed soldiers to open fire on heavily armed civilians?

• Like 1

It's just a step by the PTP to put pressure on Abhisit. Neither he or Suthep are going to spend a day in jail, convicted or not.

We are just witnessing the birth of another bargaining chip. Bringing this case is as politically motivated as Thaksin's conflict of interest conviction.

Not that there was no legal merit in bringing Thaksin's case, but when the hell does legal merit gain any traction in the upper echelons of Thai society unless there are significant players and their interests underpinning it?

As a foreigner I still do not understand what Thaksin did or did not do that on the face of it gives him such appeal to many Thais and yet attract a large degree of condemnation from foreigners.

• Like 1

who are still on trials and in prisons. People will never allow reconciliation with murderers.

I see you are quite new here so it is forgivable if your knowledge of Thailand's recent history is somewhat dim.

PTP are using what they call reconciliation to give a man responsible for thousands of extra-judicial deaths around 10 years ago. There are no real political prisoners here (possibly excepting Lese Majeste victims). Try & realise that Thai politics does not correspond with the western versions.

So, please explain what order was given

who are still in on trials and in prisons. People will never allow reconciliation with murderers.

Is it OK if the persons in charge ordered the heavily armed soldiers to open fire on heavily armed civilians?

In retaliation, maybe but most or almost all of the people who are dead and injured are unarmed and innocent civilians.

• Like 1

I sincerely hope you don't teach Thai history

Short term memory span. The guilty verdict was handed down after the court allowed him to leave the country to attend the Olympic Games after which he did not return nor did he appeal.

• Like 1

So, please explain what order was given

Cleanse the nation of all taxi drivers! Take no prisoners! Attack!

• Like 1

In retaliation, maybe but most or almost all of the people who are dead and injured are unarmed and innocent civilians.

In retaliation for what? The armed red shirts came out on April 10 before there was anything to retaliate against.

Abhisit, Suthep: death before amnesty bill

drama queen

More like 'politicians exploiting a photo-op'

With the conviction somewhat unlikely even in Thailand, this move, wihich no doubt is inspired by the Pheu Thai led government, offers both Democrats party and Abhisit/Suthep the possibility to show high moral ground. Mind you, the Pheu Thai protest arm called UDD is still at it upcountry demanding justice for their dead while insisting on pure driven innocence for themselves.

K. Thaksin must be getting desperate and very impatient.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Do you wanna bet?

Red shirt sympathisers / supporters are i am sure very worried for how it will reflect on dear leader should Abhisit and Suthep be found guilty and should they not act in the same cowardly fashion as him. For them to hang around for a possible death sentence whilst Thaksin couldn't even bear to stick around for a two year jail sentence that most likely would have only amounted to a few weeks behind bars, if that, will be a PR disaster for the reds.

• Like 1

Do you wanna bet?

Red shirt sympathisers / supporters are i am sure very worried for how it will reflect on dear leader should Abhisit and Suthep be found guilty and should they not act in the same cowardly fashion as him. For them to hang around for a possible death sentence whilst Thaksin couldn't even bear to stick around for a two year jail sentence that most likely would have only amounted to a few weeks behind bars, if that, will be a PR disaster for the reds.

Do you wanna bet?

But IF this goes down, will they really hang around?

First of all: I find this court ruling rather ridiculous. Secondly: the point I was trying to make has NOTHING whatsoever to do with red or yellow! I said, that I have heard it too many times: I will take responsibility for a, b and also c...! Then come the big day and ...oh.... it was not my fault, it was his fault, FIFA wanted more VIP lounges blah blah blah...

They say a lot- I wonder if the will back out as well, if push comes to shove.

I don't give a rodents behind if their names are Sukumband, Abisith, Thaksin or Milli Vanilli!