Duchess Of Cambridge Hoax Call Nurse Found Dead

webfact

I havent read the whole thread so apologise if this has been raised before.

Personally I blame the hospital administrators.

Does a hospital that royals regularly attend not have a press office?

Have staff not been briefed on what to do if a situation such as this arises?

Why didnt the nurse just say give me your number and I will phone back?

Why didnt the nurse refer the call to the press office, if indeed one does exist?

Why didnt the nurse refer to a more senior member of staff?

As I say the whole things smacks of gross incompetance and lack of procedures and guidlines in place for dealing with confidential calls.

Somewhere some overpaid administrator should be hanging (no pun intended) their head in shame.

Some of what you say makes some sense and can be equally applied to the irresponsable radio station.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chooka ask yourself one question before continuing your commendable defence of the Australian Radio station... Had the DJs not played the illegal prank on the nurse, would she still be alive today?

You seem to be lashing out at every possible scape goat to detract from any negative attention the DJs or Radio station are getting as a result of their misguided prank. Attention has been turned to the hospital? The hospital staff would have had nothing to complain about had the prank not been aired in the first place! Did they handle the incident badly? Perhaps but you are not in possession of the facts and your continual speculation helps no one involved.

Very few people are denying that other factors contributed to this unfortunate incident but there is no escaping the obvious initial spark. Your deliberate twisting of events through deliberately biased prose is becoming nauseating and is in bad taste given the real suffering this has caused. Have a thought for the family of both the nurse, the staff at the hospital & even the DJs themselves - your continual rehashing of events with the evident motive of detracting any culpability of the DJs is doing all involved more harm than good and stirring up more negative sentiment to the DJs and radio station if anything.

People tend to respect and sympathise with those that stand up and be counted, take responsibility for their actions and accept their mistakes.

many have blamed the D.J's 100% for her death and had hung quartered and cremated.

I just don't believe this is the case.

Rightly the finger has been pointed as the initial trigger for these sad events but no one in their right mind could hold them solely responsible. Like you say the Radio station would have to accept their own fair share of the blame as their employers and ultimately having the decision over A. If the call took place initially and B. Whether or not to air it.

Similarly the hospital should share some blame as they should have been able to identify that one of their employees was suffering from such stress and emotional turmoil as to be suicidal and clearly shouldn't have been working. That said however is anyone that had worked in the medical profession knows how stressful the job is by it's very nature. The fact that they rank amongst the highest rates of suicide & depression tells a tale and adds even more weight to the opinion that this "prank" was extremely ill conceived. I'm sure family and friends of the poor girl are also feeling some measure of culpability rightly or wrongly, as is common with suicides.

Whatever the content of these notes, I find it hard to completely exonerate the DJs or Radio station. It was a foolish, ill thought out and illegal "prank" call, badly timed and in the worst possible taste. That said stupidity and bad taste do not equate to malice. The end result was quite clearly not their intention.

• Like 1

I havent read the whole thread so apologise if this has been raised before.

Personally I blame the hospital administrators.

Does a hospital that royals regularly attend not have a press office?

Have staff not been briefed on what to do if a situation such as this arises?

Why didnt the nurse just say give me your number and I will phone back?

Why didnt the nurse refer the call to the press office, if indeed one does exist?

Why didnt the nurse refer to a more senior member of staff?

As I say the whole things smacks of gross incompetance and lack of procedures and guidlines in place for dealing with confidential calls.

Somewhere some overpaid administrator should be hanging (no pun intended) their head in shame.

It has already been admitted there was a break in the normal process for vetting incoming calls for the Duchess's hospital suite. From memory, it was stated incoming calls should have been routed to a member of her personal protection team.

Edited by simple1

many have blamed the D.J's 100% for her death and had hung quartered and cremated.

Rightly the finger has been pointed as the initial trigger for these sad events but no one in their right mind could hold them solely responsible. Like you say the Radio station would have to accept their own fair share of the blame as their employers and ultimately having the decision over A. If the call took place initially and B. Whether or not to air it.

Similarly the hospital should share some blame as they should have been able to identify that one of their employees was suffering from such stress and emotional turmoil as to be suicidal and clearly shouldn't have been working. That said however is anyone that had worked in the medical profession knows how stressful the job is by it's very nature. The fact that they rank amongst the highest rates of suicide & depression tells a tale and adds even more weight to the opinion that this "prank" was extremely ill conceived. I'm sure family and friends of the poor girl are also feeling some measure of culpability rightly or wrongly, as is common with suicides.

Whatever the content of these notes, I find it hard to completely exonerate the DJs or Radio station. It was a foolish, ill thought out and illegal "prank" call, badly timed and in the worst possible taste. That said stupidity and bad taste do not equate to malice. The end result was quite clearly not their intention.

"Rightly the finger has been pointed as the initial trigger for these sad events"

I doubt that this was even the "initial trigger". She wouldn't have gone from "no issues what so ever" to suicide in 3 days.

I would think that she had issues, and the event and the pressure following it pushed her over the edge.

It's easy to say that "if the DJs hadn't called" she wouldn't have committed suicide, but maybe the call just brought it forward.

• Like 2

"Rightly the finger has been pointed as the initial trigger for these sad events"

I doubt that this was even the "initial trigger". She wouldn't have gone from "no issues what so ever" to suicide in 3 days.

I would think that she had issues, and the event and the pressure following it pushed her over the edge.

It's easy to say that "if the DJs hadn't called" she wouldn't have committed suicide, but maybe the call just brought it forward.

I believe you are splitting hairs purely for your own amusement. Perhaps the initial trigger for her own emotional state was being a bottle not breast fed baby eh?

I meant the trigger for this specific chain of events and I think that is blatantly obvious. Good to see that such a sensitive topic can be such a great source of amusement for those that revel in absurd discussion.

• Like 1

I believe you are splitting hairs purely for your own amusement. Perhaps the initial trigger for her own emotional state was being a bottle not breast fed baby eh?

I meant the trigger for this specific chain of events and I think that is blatantly obvious. Good to see that such a sensitive topic can be such a great source of amusement for those that revel in absurd discussion.

Amusement? I don't know what you think is funny about this.

Of course the call was the trigger for this specific chain of events. That's blatantly obvious. This specific chain of events wouldn't have existed without the call.

But we don't know what would have happened had the call not been made. Any suggestion that she wouldn't have committed suicide would be pure conjecture and speculation.

I doubt that this was even the "initial trigger".

Of course the call was the trigger for this specific chain of events. That's blatantly obvious. This specific chain of events wouldn't have existed without the call.

Obviously you got the point but felt the need to split hairs about it... why?

How is that splitting hairs?

I don't believe it was the initial trigger for her committing suicide. When you clarified that it was for "this chain of events", I stated that that was blatantly obvious.

You're ignoring everything before the phone call. It doesn't make any sense to ignore everything before the phone call.

I don't believe it was the initial trigger for her committing suicide. When you clarified that it was for "this chain of events", I stated that that was blatantly obvious.

You're ignoring everything before the phone call. It doesn't make any sense to ignore everything before the phone call.

What you believe or don't believe is no more than irrelevant factless speculation, the true events

will be revealed on conclusion of the enquiry, but there are two facts you cannot ignore, before

the phone call the nurse was alive, after the phone call she is not.

• Like 1

What you believe or don't believe is no more than irrelevant factless speculation, the true events

will be revealed on conclusion of the enquiry, but there are two facts you cannot ignore, before

Yep, and before last weekend she was alive, and after the weekend she is not. There were lots of things that happened before she committed suicide.

In fact...after the phone call and for some time she was still alive.

In fact, after the phone call and inbetween the death, there seems to be some right bollocking from the hospital to her.....hmmmm

• Like 1

Yep, and before last weekend she was alive, and after the weekend she is not. There were lots of things that happened before she committed suicide.

More speculation, you or me or anyone else has no knowledge what if anything happened from the time of the

phone call to the time of her sad suicide.

In fact...after the phone call and for some time she was still alive.

In fact, after the phone call and inbetween the death, there seems to be some right bollocking from the hospital to her.....hmmmm

" there seems to be " more conjecture and wild speculation, zero fact!!!!

More speculation, you or me or anyone else has no knowledge what if anything happened from the time of the

Speculation? Are you suggesting that she wasn't alive last weekend?

Sent from my HTC phone.

• Like 1

Speculation? Are you suggesting that she wasn't alive last weekend?

Sent from my HTC phone.

I am suggesting nothing, and you and your mate Humbugged are inventing any thing you can think

of to deflect any blame whatsoever from the stupid DJs and their irresponsible radio station.

Facts, there were three letters left behind by the poor nurse

One about her funeral arrangements.

One about the DJs phone call.

One about the hospital.

What is in those letters has not been released, but will I think come out in the course of the public

enquiry, until then anything you or anyone says on the subject is pure BS. End of. Get over it!!!!!

Edited by phuketjock

I am suggesting nothing, and you and your mate Humbugged are inventing any thing you can think

of to deflect any blame whatsoever from the stupid DJs and their irresponsible radio station.

One about the hospital.

What is in those letters has not been released, but will I think come out in the course of the public

enquiry, until then anything you or anyone says on the subject is pure BS. End of. Get over it!!!!!

No. You are suggesting that she killed herself because of the phone call and therefore the DJs are to blame for her death.

@Phuketjock

"What you believe or don't believe is no more than irrelevant factless speculation, the true events

the phone call the nurse was alive, after the phone call she is not".

You seem to have narrowed the window in her life purely to fit an agenda and I believe that is to blame the D.J's for her death.

I am not taking sides here as there is so much to come out before anyone knows why she took her life.

Trying to blame the d.j's without any hard facts is dangerous and a lot of nut cases may very well believe what you and others say. A lot of these nutcases may already have been triggered into action because of posts on social medias. The D.J's have been placed into protection and a major police investigation has begun because they have received some serious death threats.

What would happen if these threats were carried out? Could we then resonably blame those on social media who accused the d.j's of killing the woman for thier deaths. Those that fingerpointed so vigerously prior to the conclusion of any investigaion and before all relevent facts had come out.

If at the end of the investigation these d.j's alone are found to be responsible for her death then I will support you.

• Like 1

One about the hospital.

No. You are suggesting that she killed herself because of the phone call and therefore the DJs are to blame for her death.

In my post above I have clearly stated " I am suggesting nothing "

I have merely stated the facts as they stand at the present time.

There is nothing in my post blaming anyone for anything unlike

yours that are clearly biased in favour of the complete innocence

of the DJs and the radio station. The only person making any

suggestions here is you while using wild speculation in an effort

to support your suggestions.

Edited by phuketjock

@Phuketjock

"What you believe or don't believe is no more than irrelevant factless speculation, the true events

the phone call the nurse was alive, after the phone call she is not".

You seem to have narrowed the window in her life purely to fit an agenda and I believe that is to blame the D.J's for her death.

I am not taking sides here as there is so much to come out before anyone knows why she took her life.

Trying to blame the d.j's without any hard facts is dangerous and a lot of nut cases may very well believe what you and others say. A lot of these nutcases may already have been triggered into action because of posts on social medias. The D.J's have been placed into protection and a major police investigation has begun because they have received some serious death threats.

What would happen if these threats were carried out? Could we then resonably blame those on social media who accused the d.j's of killing the woman for thier deaths. Those that fingerpointed so vigerously prior to the conclusion of any investigaion and before all relevent facts had come out.

If at the end of the investigation these d.j's alone are found to be responsible for her death then I will support you.

I have done nothing more than state the facts, and I have not at any time apportioned any blame whatsoever

to anyone. My " agenda " as you put it is to see the guilty, if there are any, brought to justice and something

like this stopped from ever happening again, no more.

Well, regardless of what you might think, here's what the victim believed:

"The nurse who committed suicide after the royal hoax phone call left a note telling the two DJs behind the prank they were responsible for her death, according to sources close to the family.

In one of three apparent suicide notes, Jacintha Saldanha wrote a short letter in which she expressed her deep anger at the Australian radio presenters and blamed them for her tragic death".

http://www.dailymail...esponsible.html

Edited by chiang mai

"The nurse who committed suicide after the royal hoax phone call left a note telling the two DJs behind the prank they were responsible for her death, according to sources close to the family.

In one of three apparent suicide notes, Jacintha Saldanha wrote a short letter in which she expressed her deep anger at the Australian radio presenters and blamed them for her tragic death".

Well I guess if she wrote that she was killing herself because of the D.J's then they are 100% responsible, words from the victims mouth can't be disputed. That clears or others including the hospital, the palace and the Radio Station. Everyone else can now sleep easy and the D.J's are going to live with this for the rest of thier lives. They will have to lock themselves in thier own little prison as there are a lot of people around the world who will now be wanting thier blood and see them die a painfull miserable and slow death. If I was them I would be topping myself as life is over.

Well I guess if she wrote that she was killing herself because of the D.J's then they are 100% responsible, words from the victims mouth can't be disputed. That clears or others including the hospital, the palace and the Radio Station. Everyone else can now sleep easy and the D.J's are going to live with this for the rest of thier lives. They will have to lock themselves in thier own little prison as there are a lot of people around the world who will now be wanting thier blood and see them die a painfull miserable and slow death. If I was them I would be topping myself as life is over.

Wow...top myself because some weak minded person topped herself over a phone call....someone already on the edge, so close in fact a harmless prank pushed her over.

Perhaps, just perhaps....she should not have been in charge of sick people, of people requiring specialised care, of people needing drugs administered to precise standards.....perhaps being that weak minded and in such a state, she should not have even been nursing in such a responsible position.

Just sayin.

You just don't get the cultural work ethic differences associated with people such as this.

I thought this was applicable:

"Many of the new migrants also have a completely different work-ethic, not having grown up in our entitlement-based welfare state – which is why one of their main unspoken functions in Labour’s plan has been to keep wages down by providing a huge pool of cheap and willing unskilled labour".

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

The victim clearly belonged to that "new pool", perhaps the protagonists in this thread don't and/or have never understood this hence their inability to relate.

"Many of the new migrants also have a completely different work-ethic, not having grown up in our entitlement-based welfare state – which is why one of their main unspoken functions in Labour’s plan has been to keep wages down by providing a huge pool of cheap and willing unskilled labour".

http://hitchensblog....onsunday.co.uk/

The victim clearly belonged to that "new pool", perhaps the protagonists in this thread don't and/or have never understood this hence their inability to relate.

Ah yes. Peter Hitchens. The man who believes that there was a time when Britain was the perfect place to live. Perhaps he could tell us precisely when that time was rather than harking back to a better past that has never existed?

Ah yes. Peter Hitchens. The man who believes that there was a time when Britain was the perfect place to live. Perhaps he could tell us precisely when that time was rather than harking back to a better past that has never existed?

Ah, that would be a different point in time for each of us, bearing in mind that these things are relative to individuals and over time.

Ah, that would be a different point in time for each of us, bearing in mind that these things are relative to individuals and over time.

I was born 3 years before Hitchens so I have a reasonable idea of the years that he's talking about. As far as I'm concerned things have improved enormously but there again I never thought that doffing my cap to my "betters" was a good way to live.

I was born 3 years before Hitchens so I have a reasonable idea of the years that he's talking about. As far as I'm concerned things have improved enormously but there again I never thought that doffing my cap to my "betters" was a good way to live.

I was born two years prior and oddly enough I think that the cap doffing period was very underated. it represented stability, order and civility, if you exclude the two world wars that is! biggrin.png

Sad that she felt she had to do that to escape.....but really, should we stop having a bit of a larf or a giggle or a prank because someone just might not be able to cope ?

Best we stop interacting with others altogether then and build our own little bubbles and cones of silence.

It was a telephone prank...not chasing a black mercedes down the highway at great speed for a photo.

As I said earlier, bullet already chambered and was just awaiting a trigger.

I wonder actually if something else was not the real trigger, like the hospital reprimanding her or whatever.....after all, she only redirected an incoming call, the other one went on to happily give out all the information.

The hospital already said she wasn't reprimanded.

And you belleve that? I worked in the NHS and the management were often bullies, in my experience. Certainly, they cared zero for the staff ( below Dr level ) in my hospital.

Of course they are going to say that officially.