Someone Faraway Pushed For Murder Charges, Sathit Says

Lite Beer

2010 CRACKDOWN

Someone faraway pushed for murder charges, Sathit says

The Nation on Sunday

30195825-01_big.jpg

Abhisit Vejjajiva, the opposition and Democrat Party leader, looks poised to roll a bowling ball while presiding over a charity bowling competition to raise funds for scholarships to be given to children of photographers on the political beat, at the Majo

BANGKOK: -- Democrat MP claims Tarit jumping to a specific person's orders; Abhisit ready to turn himself in

A man in a faraway land" has been pulling the strings behind the investigators' move to press murder charges against former premier Abhisit Vejjajiva and his ex-deputy Suthep Thaugsuban, a senior Democrat MP said yesterday.

Sathit Wongnongtaey, Democrat MP from Trang, said the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tarit Pengdith was just a pawn in the hands of this person who lives faraway.

"DSI officials must serve His Majesty the King and the public, not one particular person,'' he said.

Democrat leader Abhisit and Suthep are key figures in the main opposition party.

Abhisit said yesterday he would go to the DSI to face a murder charge after Tarit announced on Thursday that the two leaders would be charged in connection with the death of taxi-driver Phan Kamkong.

The court ruled that Phan had been shot dead by military officers as part of a crackdown on anti-government protesters in 2010 - when Abhisit was prime minister and Suthep led the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation.

Sathit claimed the very fact that Tarit felt the need to call a press conference soon after the court made a ruling about the taxi driver pointed to his following someone's orders.

Deputy Interior Minister Pracha Prasopdee, meanwhile, suggested that Abhisit accept his fate because it was the result of his actions. He said nobody was pushing Abhisit to accept reconciliation conditions or amnesty legislation.

"Abhisit says he is not going to bow to pressure by accepting moves to grant amnesty to Thaksin [shinawatra] but his case and Thaksin's case cannot be used as negotiation tools. His case is based on fact, but Thaksin's case is about what is right and what is wrong," he said.

Thaksin has lived in self-imposed exile overseas for four years. He fled just prior to being sentenced to two years in prison by the Supreme Court in 2008 for abuse of power.

Meanwhile, Democrat Party spokesman Chavanont Intarakomalyasut alleged that the DSI's rush to press charges against Abhisit and Suthep was nothing short of harassment in order to push the opposition into accepting the amnesty law. The opposition has been taking a strong stance against legislation that would effectively allow Thaksin to be granted amnesty and his assets returned.

He said the government had previously tried to harass the opposition by removing Abhisit's military rank, but it was so hastily done that the dismissal order was full of typos. The same thing happened when the government tried to press charges against Abhisit. The DSI's summons was typed incorrectly, which proved that the government had a hidden agenda and an ulterior motive as it has been rushing to achieve its objective without careful checks.

"I suggest that the government go ahead full steam in abusing its power, but I also believe in fate. Civil servants who wrongfully serve politicians must be held responsible and face the consequence of their actions," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-09

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though these allegations are quite possibly true, I really dont think it behooves the opposition to be spouting off, without some solid proof. Stooping to the PTP's childish games is not going to gain any respect from the people that care.

Abhisit and his cronies did really think they would get away with this Scott free didn't they, amazing, how on earth did he expect anything other than charges for what he did in 2010. And to now try to say it s part of some conspiracy aimed and reconciliation is just embarrassing.

Time to face the music Abhisit. The sad thing is he was probably just a puppet in all this and the orders came from the army that put him in power, they saw a weak man and took advantage of him and now He must pay the price.

<deleted>. The PM has the duty to control a violent gathering impeding citizens of the capital. A SoE was rightfully declared and ample warnings given that force would be used to end it. Extrapolating a stray shot into a murder charge for giving legitimate orders is a ridiculous construct that appeals only to the mindless.

Agreed Micky boy...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

A man in a faraway land" has been pulling the strings behind the investigators' move to press murder charges against former premier Abhisit Vejjajiva and his ex-deputy Suthep Thaugsuban, a senior Democrat MP said yesterday
.No one in the Goverment deside things without a green light from the coward in Dubai.
  • Like 1

Abhisit and his cronies did really think they would get away with this Scott free didn't they, amazing, how on earth did he expect anything other than charges for what he did in 2010. And to now try to say it s part of some conspiracy aimed and reconciliation is just embarrassing.

Time to face the music Abhisit. The sad thing is he was probably just a puppet in all this and the orders came from the army that put him in power, they saw a weak man and took advantage of him and now He must pay the price.

<deleted>. The PM has the duty to control a violent gathering impeding citizens of the capital. A SoE was rightfully declared and ample warnings given that force would be used to end it. Extrapolating a stray shot into a murder charge for giving legitimate orders is a ridiculous construct that appeals only to the mindless.

So yingluk was right in her dealing with pitak siam.

Cool, so you agree abhist was responsible for all the deaths then, let's get on with a trial, I think you are saying he had control and he gave the orders.

• Like 2

They certainly can't complain about it being politically motivated as they have been the ones constantly bleating on about Thaksin's trumped up land case. People in glass houses...

The motivation for prosecution doesn't affect the worthiness of a case. Thaksin was found guilty on the evidence presented to the court, and sentenced appropriately.

OTOH Abhisit will most probably not face a court as he was legitimately carrying out the duties of his position.

Yes the charges are politically motivated, but the cases are not equivalent.

When is your main man Thaskin going to return to Thailand and face the music?

When is he going to return and serve his fail term?

When will he be charged for the deaths of 2500 alledged drug dealers?

When will he be charged for all the deaths in the south?

At least Abisit says he wil face the music ... your man ran like a coward

My main man? My man?

Absolutely clueless about me and what I believe in.

Cool, so you agree abhist was responsible for all the deaths then, let's get on with a trial, I think you are saying he had control and he gave the orders.

The comparative nature of the 2 events is only in your limited mind.

• Like 1

"I suggest that the government go ahead full steam in abusing its power, but I also believe in fate. Civil servants who wrongfully serve politicians must be held responsible and face the consequence of their actions," he said.

And I know one senior public servant in the finance ministry who recently refused to sign a bag full of documents all quoting hundreds of millions of Baht, and he resigned on the spot.

Why? He says the documents quoted things which are massively untruthful and have been constructed to ultimately generate massive corruption payouts and he has no intention of supporting such scams.

Plus he fears going to jail when the wind changes and corruption past and present is properly investigated and punishment according to the law is handed out.

Tediously predictable and uninformed...

Ah another of those in depth responses countering my points with proof, oh no you probably know nothing about anything so resort to such responses.

• Like 2

The comparative nature of the 2 events is only in your limited mind.

And yet another one resorting to personal abuse, so tedious. If you have a personal issue with me then send me a PM

• Like 1

And yet another one resorting to personal abuse, so tedious. If you have a personal issue with me then send me a PM

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You do have a chip on your shoulder don't you.

Remember the song, ''Big Boys Don't Cry?''

Red Shirt propagandist?
  • Like 1

They certainly can't complain about it being politically motivated as they have been the ones constantly bleating on about Thaksin's trumped up land case. People in glass houses...

What trumped up land case. The only land case I know of he was found guilty of and instead of appealing it skipped the country and won't come back until the laws are changed to make it legal.

You seem to forget it was his own party that was in power when he was convicted. Or maybe you don't know and were told by a henchman for the pay master to make up things. Or given a script to post.

Are there paid proxies on here?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

ThaiVisa does not have a policy to pay any poster. It is a public forum free for all members to use.

Speaking of mindless you have put your finger right on the seat of Thaksin's power. Add in unwarranted wealth and you have the brother of Yingluck the Prime Minister of Thailand. What a coincidence.

It reminds me a bit of Julian Critchley's description of Michael Hesseltine. Quite apt for Thaksin

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

30195825-01_big.jpg

In the interests of fairness, may I suggest some of the following, as captions ?

"dam_n, who put super-glue on my balls ?"

"Now this is what I call a gob-stopper !"

"Alright, who painted pictures of the Big Boss, on the skittles ?"

"If only we'd had steath-bowls, during the riots in 2010, we wouldn't have had to let the protests continue for months, before acting."

"Own up, who threw this purple-grenade, at the former-PM !"

"Man Up, Thaksin you wimp, it's bowls at twenty paces at dawn !"

"Thailand's new secret-weapon, for use in the South, now we need a crash-program to build bowling-rinks on the border !"

"These allegations from Dubai are a load of Purple Balls, like this one !"

"PM-Yingluck hasn't got one like this !"

• Like 1

Morgo post # 25..

"Raising funds for a childrens charity". Who would have thought. Why would a charity be engaging the services of a person charged with murder?

Abihist hasn't been as yet charged with murder, his raising funds for a children's charity therefore is tinot a problem.totally in order..

30195825-01_big.jpg

In the interests of fairness, may I suggest some of the following, as captions ?

"dam_n, who put super-glue on my balls ?"

"Now this is what I call a gob-stopper !"

"Alright, who painted pictures of the Big Boss, on the skittles ?"

"If only we'd had steath-bowls, during the riots in 2010, we wouldn't have had to let the protests continue for months, before acting."

"Own up, who threw this purple-grenade, at the former-PM !"

"Man Up, Thaksin you wimp, it's bowls at twenty paces at dawn !"

"Thailand's new secret-weapon, for use in the South, now we need a crash-program to build bowling-rinks on the border !"

"These allegations from Dubai are a load of Purple Balls, like this one !"

"PM-Yingluck hasn't got one like this !"

Bowling, about the only time anyone could associate him with having big balls. :rolleyes:

Edited by Payboy

When is your main man Thaskin going to return to Thailand and face the music?

When is he going to return and serve his fail term?

When will he be charged for the deaths of 2500 alledged drug dealers?

When will he be charged for all the deaths in the south?

At least Abisit says he wil face the music ... your man ran like a coward

My main man? My man?

Absolutely clueless about me and what I believe in.

I think your reply says everything about your beliefs.

Tediously predictable and uninformed...

Ah another of those in depth responses countering my points with proof, oh no you probably know nothing about anything so resort to such responses.

What points with proof do you think you made? You express your opinion - fair enough. You do repeat those opinons - fair enough. But you don't put forward factual points supported by proof or evidence.

• Like 1

You Thaksin lovers need to get your heads out of your posteriors. The Red T-shirt gang got what they had coming. The only thing Abhisit did wrong was be too lenient. He let that rogue, nefarious lot run rampant and take the city hostage for 2 full months before lowering the ax. The man was too kind in my book... No other country would have allowed what he did. We all know how it would have been dealt with in China, Japan, England, USA, Australia... in no less than 72 hours it would have been confronted and dealt with with a heavy hand. And once violence was threatened by the mob, it would absolutely be returned. The Reds chose their own fate.

Edited by yeeowww
  • Like 2