Multiple Entry Visa Question

Hi

Two quick questions regarding a multiple entry visa

1. My visa current visa expires on the 12th December - today's only the 10th - can I renew early?
  2. Do I have to fly out of the country or can I drive to Poi Pet to renew my multiple entry?

Cheers experts

Mick

It is not a renewal it is getting another 90 day entry. You can do it by land, sea or air.

You can do it as early as you want as long as you do it before your permit to stay date.

Also are writing about your visa expiring or your permit to stay date?

You must enter Thailand while the visa is valid to receive a new 90 day entry. You can always do that at any time during the one year such a visa is valid from date of issue by the Consulate.

You can do this at any exit/entry point so not need to fly. But are you sure you have a multi entry visa expiring on 12 December? That would mean you already have made several entry and exits so you should be aware of how to use it. Or are you confusing your current permitted to stay date (Dec 12) with the visa expiration date by chance? You do not renew a visa by making a border crossing but obtain a new 90 day stay (if you have a multi entry visa).

Thanks guys. About to get into my car and head off to Poi Pet.

Yes, maybe my wording was incorrect. It is a multiple entry visa obtained in KL. This is my first time getting the new 90 days hence my confusion.

All the best

Mick