X Mas Lunch Any Suggestion?

ARISTIDE

I always go to The Shangri La every years and it's been pretty much the same. This year I'm looking for another lunch X mas buffet for the family. Other than the obvious Duke's, where else would you go? Where did you go last year and enjoy? Thanks all

I have also been researching places to go for Christmas Day lunch/dinner. Hotel prices seem quite pricey this year ranging from

1500 baht and up per person.

I was quite disappointed in the Shangri-La Christmas Day dinner buffet last year at 700 baht per person. Many items were either

overcooked or cold, and it was not up to the standard of a luxury hotel, and I am hesitant to go back there again. I have been

thinking to drive up to the Chiang Dao Nest as they are serving a seven course meal this year on Chrstmas Day. Also the Chedi has a Christmas Day lunch, as well as the Four Seasons, D2, Holiday Inn, Meridian, etc. etc.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Chedi is a little pricey, but the setting is beautiful and tranquil, the food excellent, food choices are overwhelming, staff seems to read your mind and there's holiday entertainment. Plus, free flow of red and white wine. I suppose if you didn't enjoy wine, it might seem pricey, but if you'd otherwise want a couple of glasses of wine with your holiday lunch, then it's really a very good deal for a five star experience.

Went to Chedi today asking for X Mas eve buffet lunch. Its two thousand bath-ish with the option of unlimited wine or unlimited champagne. Unfortunately mother and the wife don't drink. Normally a dish here cost around 700 bath so I think 2000 baht is not expensive at all!

Yeah, the Chedi is a little pricey, but the setting is beautiful and tranquil, the food excellent, food choices are overwhelming, staff seems to read your mind and there's holiday entertainment. Plus, free flow of red and white wine. I suppose if you didn't enjoy wine, it might seem pricey, but if you'd otherwise want a couple of glasses of wine with your holiday lunch, then it's really a very good deal for a five star experience.

Edited by ARISTIDE

so far sounds like Dukes it is. Now if I was a drinking man it would be the Chedi and I would consider it cheap.

Was wondering if bake and bite La Maredian and all the other usual's would have a Christmas day lunch.

Surely there must be a lot of other choices out there.

Places doing Christmas lunch that are known for good food:

Inexpensive

Bake and Bite

The Garden (the one across the street from the Inter Inn)

Pun Pun (on the river)

Gecko Garden

Sojos

Medium to High

The Duke's

More Expensive

Le Meridien

The Holiday Inn

Edited by Ulysses G.

I would love to indulge myself at the Chedi if mother and wife is out of town.

so far sounds like Dukes it is. Now if I was a drinking man it would be the Chedi and I would consider it cheap.

Was wondering if bake and bite La Maredian and all the other usual's would have a Christmas day lunch.

Surely there must be a lot of other choices out there.

Bake and Bite has the best basic holiday turkey dinner of any of the places that I have tried (see list above) over many years.They don't have all the bells and whistles like oysters and smoked salmon that the Duke's and Holiday Inn have (which are excellent too), but the turkey is moist and tasty, the mashed potatoes, vegetables, stuffing and pumpkin pie are just like mom made. They are having Christmas dinners on two days.

Christmas Eve Day, lunchtime and Chrismas day lunchtime:

11:30 AM-4 PM

Turkey dinner 340 baht (I do not think that includes desert)

Smoked Ham dinner 320 baht (I do not think that includes desert)

Christmas Eve and Chrismas day: BUFFET dinner

6-8 PM

Adults 520 baht

Children 250 baht

Gai advises interested parties to book in advance: 053 249 689

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

I know bake and bite is a big name in this town, but aside from those very reasonable prices, anything else to recommend this venue? Does it have a garden or anything? Is it big or small?

Haven't tried them myself. But four friends did last year and they all said the turkey was great. Three of them gave a thumbs down on the rest.