Naive Or Just Plain Stupid?

theblether

I was walking back from Jacks Van to my hotel next to Mad Dog in Chiang Mai at 5.00'ish in the morning, I can't remember the time but it was still pitch black. I was at Thapae Gate area when I noticed the usual rough hookers hanging about, and a young farang lady wandering around. I had a quick chat with her and she told me that she had been in CM for three days with her boyfriend, and that she went to bed at 8.00pm as she was scared of being out on the streets when the Sexy bars were in full swing. She preferred to get up early, ( I think she said 4.00am ), and wander down to the morning market.

I pointed out to her that she had just walked down the roughest street hooker zone in CM, an area where freelancers hang around with their boyfriends and pimps, I pointed a couple out to her. I was a bit astounded as to why a young lady would think it was a good idea to wander the streets in a new town alone and in the darkness.

Was it naivete? or just plain stupidity?

I feel sorry her her boyfriend ... seems that he has picked a right one ... sad.png

Out of curiosity, just how coherent were you at that wee hour assuming that you were also not up early to milk the cows?

Is she was under twenty ... maybe closer to naïve on the scale ... over 30 ... well, she should know better.

In between ... maybe a bit of a mix.

BTW ... was she a looker?

She had to be naive to speak to a Scott's man in a strange city in Thailand at that ungodly hour.

I would have crossed straight to the other side of the street.

Sorry couldn't resist.

I'd imagine theBlether coujld sweet talk just about any man or woman on his day

She had to be naive to speak to a Scott's man in a strange city in Thailand at that ungodly hour.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Fair point biggrin.png

She was 19, as for being a looker, yes she was good looking but that's not the point dry.png , I've got a daughter at near enough the same age and as a parent I would have been highly concerned about my daughter wandering around a hooker zone alone at that time in the morning. I think advancebooking has a very valid point.

Perhaps, she didn't give you the full story. In keeping with the spirit of TVF, I suggest that she was on a diabolical mission, up to no good, probably at the behest of the illuminati.

On the other hand, perhaps she is just a morning person. I have a friend that gets up at early too. He loves sunrise and says he can get much more accomplished when it is cooler. I have walked the area you were in and have to say, it is unbearably hot by 11 am. A good time for walking around is in the early morning, as you won't evaporate under the powerful sun and the air pollution isn't as intense.

I like sunrise in Thailand, it is so peaceful and downright beautiful as everything comes back to life. My favourite time in Patong is between 6 am and 10 am. Traffic is light, the vendors haven't set up, there are no drunks roaming about, the touts,and the tailor & time share touts have crawled back under their rocks, and even the tuk tuks have a reduced presence.

• Like 2

Yes, this may be a "rough" area of CM at that hour, but it's really pretty tame. I doubt the hookers or pimps were much interested in a wide-eyed young, female tourist. I hope she got some good photos! Sounds like she got a great story about an encounter with a drunk Scotsman.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Yes, this may be a "rough" area of CM at that hour, but it's really pretty tame. I doubt the hookers or pimps were much interested in a wide-eyed young, female tourist. I hope she got some good photos! Sounds like she got a great story about an encounter with a drunk Scotsman.

Moi? drunk? surely you jest blink.png

I'm not overly keen on this area as there seems to always be some random guys hanging around in the shadows, the thing is though it's either brave the rough hooker alley on that side of the moat or run the Ladyboy gauntlet on the McDonalds side of the moat, and given my previous history with the Ladyboys that was a no brainer rolleyes.gif

@gk I take your point wai.gif

@rob......I was out for a pint of milk. Honest. smile.png

I walk around at any time of the day or night, but maybe people know better than to mess with a red headed woman. But, I'm never drunk and I always walk with a good strong gait. The blether would have to run to catch up with me. I've never been bothered yet.

Give him time, Rene, I hear theblether's been pretty busy lately.... whistling.gif ......

she had probably forgot her key and was killing time until her boyfriend was found upright in his chair behind a locked door.

I did wonder what part the boyfriend had in this?, then again maybe it was an imaginary boyfriend, handy for rebuffing unwanted male interest. A well used female tactic methinks.

Agreeing with NancyL that the area of CM in question may not be the roughest hooker alley ever, I've seen a fair few dodgy looking guys down there and I reckon any danger would most likely come from them rather than the hookers or pimps/boyfriends.

What got me though was the idea that she went to bed early to avoid seeing the Sexy bars in operation then wandered around alone in the darkness. Strange.

I walk around at any time of the day or night, but maybe people know better than to mess with a red headed woman. But, I'm never drunk and I always walk with a good strong gait. The blether would have to run to catch up with me. I've never been bothered yet.

Give him time, Rene, I hear theblether's been pretty busy lately.... whistling.gif ......

Rene misunderstands the effect that theblether has upon ladies, it would be Rene that galloped after moi, I am, after all, irresistible coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Rene misunderstands the effect that theblether has upon ladies, it would be Rene that galloped after moi, I am, after all, irresistible coffee1.gif

yes, this has often been said.... I heard it from an unimpeachable source. wink.png .

Sorry couldn't resist.

yesterday?

Sorry couldn't resist.

yesterday?

Every day.

Why are you online at 4.00am in Thailand, did you pee the bed? blink.png

not that bad. every once awhile in pai i get to see 20 years old female backpackers in singlet and braless wandering around at 5am while im on my usual affair with the local congee. its a pretty safe town but the side boobs and protruding nipples doesnt help

That is an unsubstantiated statement, I need more evidence, where in Pai exactly?

Sorry couldn't resist.

yesterday?

Every day.

Why are you online at 4.00am in Thailand, did you pee the bed? blink.png

neighbors having their annual christmas party, banging techno expected for at least another hour.

id be there, but i have to get my kid to a birthday party at 10 am.

what kind of sick fekker has a birthday party at 10 am on a national holiday?

• Like 2

Some tourists have absolutely no idea when it comes to Thailand. They don't really know about the dangers therefore they instantly feel safer than what they would in their own country.

To be honest, when I first came to Thailand, I felt much safer than on the rough streets of Manchester, UK. But I have soon changed that idea now I live here.

• Like 1

Some tourists have absolutely no idea when it comes to Thailand. They don't really know about the dangers therefore they instantly feel safer than what they would in their own country.

To be honest, when I first came to Thailand, I felt much safer than on the rough streets of Manchester, UK. But I have soon changed that idea now I live here.

The biggest danger in CM would likely be bumping into an aggressive and drunk Scots person.

• Like 1

The thought of "theblether" appearing out of the darkness would be enough to scare anyone.cheesy.gif .......but to then approach and speak in that highland drawl to the poor wee lassie would have been enough to send anyone running and screaming .....cheesy.gif .

I see the "Eagle Scout" emerged once again mate ?, good on you thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Well, at least we have the young lady's excuse for being out on the streets at that time..... You, on the other hand, Blether, seem a little less forthcoming whistling.gif .... C'mon mannie.... 'fess up!! wink.png

he obviously has had no luck at spicys,and was weighing up the dross left around the moat,nothing to be ashamed of,im sure its a well trodden path for a few disconcerting farangs over the years.