Naive Or Just Plain Stupid?

theblether

not that bad. every once awhile in pai i get to see 20 years old female backpackers in singlet and braless wandering around at 5am while im on my usual affair with the local congee. its a pretty safe town but the side boobs and protruding nipples doesnt help

That is an unsubstantiated statement, I need more evidence, where in Pai exactly?

It's true just back from Pai last week...usually farang..

Well, at least we have the young lady's excuse for being out on the streets at that time..... You, on the other hand, Blether, seem a little less forthcoming whistling.gif .... C'mon mannie.... 'fess up!! wink.png

he obviously has had no luck at spicys,and was weighing up the dross left around the moat,nothing to be ashamed of,im sure its a well trodden path for a few disconcerting farangs over the years.

spicy has been closed for ages.

Well, at least we have the young lady's excuse for being out on the streets at that time..... You, on the other hand, Blether, seem a little less forthcoming whistling.gif .... C'mon mannie.... 'fess up!! wink.png

he obviously has had no luck at spicys,and was weighing up the dross left around the moat,nothing to be ashamed of,im sure its a well trodden path for a few disconcerting farangs over the years.

No need for anyoneto go to the moat to weigh up dross... plenty seems to surface in Tv. If such is a well-trodden path, then I bow to your experience and knowledge coffee1.gif

Edited by Rob8891

you dont get out much, spicy,the new one is well up and running,and packed every time ive been.

No need for anyoneto go to the moat to weigh up dross... plenty seems to surface in Tv. If such is a well-trodden path, then I bow to your experience and knowledge coffee1.gif

varity is the spice of life,(when in rome)

The thought of "theblether" appearing out of the darkness would be enough to scare anyone.cheesy.gif .......but to then approach and speak in that highland drawl to the poor wee lassie would have been enough to send anyone running and screaming .....cheesy.gif .

I see the "Eagle Scout" emerged once again mate ?, good on you thumbsup.gif

Good to see you back too, Charlie!

I can see the lady's point...many years ago in CM I sneaked away from our family group to find a massage parlour that was recommended on the internet and it was located in an area far away from town and when I finished my unsavory business I found that there was no taxi to take me back to the hotel...

there was danger and I could smell it, menacing dark streets and I didn't know where I was...then there was a pack of soi dogs who per their wont smelled my fear...I was in hot water...

CM can be a sinister place when the casual tourist only sees a delightful moated city and colorful hilltribeswomen selling trinkets...give me BKK any day where big city danger is what one expects and I would have been grateful to encounter a cautioning westerner, scots, drunk or otherwise in my precarious situation...

I finally made it back to find my recently wedded wife (the trip to CM was to be our honeymoon) with arms folded and a lethal squint that said:'christ, I didn't think that you'd be like be others...' and I regret that to this day...

(tally another vote for tutsi from the 'truth and justice' brigade...but really, folks, isn't voting for 'poster of the year' a western imposition when what we want here in SE Asia is for folks to put up their dukes and to shout: 'so and so is the greatest and if you don't agree then let's step outside and not be polite!...' western democratic pretensions are unbecoming to the thaivisa forum...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

I can see the lady's point...many years ago in CM I sneaked away from our family group to find a massage parlour that was recommended on the internet and it was located in an area far away from town and when I finished my unsavory business I found that there was no taxi to take me back to the hotel...

there was danger and I could smell it, menacing dark streets and I didn't know where I was...then there was a pack of soi dogs who per their wont smelled my fear...I was in hot water...

CM can be a sinister place when the casual tourist only sees a delightful moated city and colorful hilltribeswomen selling trinkets...give me BKK any day where big city danger is what one expects and I would have been grateful to encounter a cautioning westerner, scots, drunk or otherwise in my precarious situation...

I finally made it back to find my recently wedded wife (the trip to CM was to be our honeymoon) with arms folded and a lethal squint that said:'christ, I didn't think that you'd be like be others...' and I regret that to this day...

(tally another vote for tutsi from the 'truth and justice' brigade...but really, folks, isn't voting for 'poster of the year' a western imposition when what we want here in SE Asia is for folks to put up their dukes and to shout: 'so and so is the greatest and if you don't agree then let's step outside and not be polite!...' western democratic pretensions are unbecoming to the thaivisa forum...)

I believe Smokie is hoping for some hysterical outbursts and outbreaks of fisticuffs when the voting starts. That boy can be very sleekit you know.

Memories...

I believe Smokie is hoping for some hysterical outbursts and outbreaks of fisticuffs when the voting starts. That boy can be very sleekit you know.

hey...it sounds like the voting scene outta The man who shot Liberty Valence and John Ford's view of an uncivilized rabble exercising their franchise...fighting and shouting with drunks beaten and hurled across the barroom...

tutsiwarrior appears as the John Carradine character denouncing the absurd democratic charade and sides with the ranchers who want an open range and the associated barbarity to continue...an unarmed James Stewart pleads for schools and churches and to embrace elusive civilized development...

well, this is SE asia and ye ain't got no business imposin' yer western sensibilities around here...I'll drive a herd of cattle across yer goddam schools and churches, I will...and then there is the crackle of gunfire and mortality comes into play...

hey...it sounds like the voting scene outta The man who shot Liberty Valence and John Ford's view of an uncivilized rabble exercising their franchise...fighting and shouting with drunks beaten and hurled across the barroom...

tutsiwarrior appears as the John Carradine character denouncing the absurd democratic charade and sides with the ranchers who want an open range and the associated barbarity to continue...an unarmed James Stewart pleads for schools and churches and to embrace elusive civilized development...

well, this is SE asia and ye ain't got no business imposin' yer western sensibilities around here...I'll drive a herd of cattle across yer goddam schools and churches, I will...and then there is the crackle of gunfire and mortality comes into play...

Methinks you spent too much time at the Saturday matinee in your youth.......however that being said there has been an outburst of hostilities on said thread and the Sheriff had to come a ridin' and a hollerin' to restore order!!!

That's my best attempt at talking cowboy. Sorry. sad.png

Methinks you spent too much time at the Saturday matinee in your youth.......however that being said there has been an outburst of hostilities on said thread and the Sheriff had to come a ridin' and a hollerin' to restore order!!!

That's my best attempt at talking cowboy. Sorry. sad.png

If you didn't include that tiny last sentence you would be fine. Hope you finish the business soon.

I can relate.. Very cold business.

hey...when I was a kid I liked watching old movies on a rainy Saturday afternoon...when the other kids were out tumbling about in the mud I said: 'buncha dumbshits...' but that didn't protect me from the subsequent adult maladies of alcoholism, paranoia and the fear of death but ye just gotta give it yer 'best shot'...

and hey...when will the vote be?...I never wanted to be a winner, just 'to show' and there ain't no harm in that, is there?

Edited by tutsiwarrior