Toyota Fortuner

englishoak

looking at various models. I hate the idea of getting a car but looks like i'll need one in LOS ( bike rider 100%) family and all that.

Decided if I have to then a 4x4 is useful in floods and if I realy have to drive then it may as well be in something I like (ish). So checked around and the toyota fortuner seems to be a good choice so curious to hear from any owners. Not into pick ups, mabe if I was a farmer though :D

The other opion is to go for a Jazz or toyota avenza. Be a cheap charlie and spend the difference on putting it towards a big bike :D

But hey i'm trying to be a considerate husband so :o Now heres the thing. We live in Bangkok and for the next few years expect to be based there :D . A small car makes more sense re economy, ease etc. But in my experience it's safer in a big car + we do a lot of country jaunts, ie mountains, floods etc again bigger is better. However the difference of 400000bht + is a lot and I generally hate driving cars anyway. In Bangers I can't be bothered to drive even the bike far in rushour so I wonder how much we will realy use it daily:whistling: I have a feeling it's going to be a fairly useless item anyway apart from outside trips. :D

Also I think it will keep its value very well. (But then again, so does a Honda Jazz).

I drive a big 4 door pickup, and driving in Bangkok was not that big a deal. One thing you ABSOLUTELY NEED to spend the money on if you're in Bangkok is an automatic gearbox. Jazz or Fortuner actually matters less. :o (Checked out the new Civic by the way? NICE!)

Toyota Fortuna is a good choice if you are travelling upcountry and mountain, power isn't a problem for the Fortuna.

I travel with full passenger load of (7) went up to Doi Intanon in Chiangmai the power is amazing. :o Mine is 2.7 4x4 benzine engine.