German Accused Of Stealing Pair Of Socks From South Pattaya Shopping Mall

webfact

Shoddy journalism -- where is the POINTING shot? 290 for socks? That's highway robbery.

Perhaps you need to get out a little more. Less than $10 for a pair of supposedly brand-name socks in a tourist resort shopping center is pretty standard--if you want them cheaper, try the outdoor markets.

Shoddy journalism -- where is the POINTING shot? 290 for socks? That's highway robbery.

Perhaps you need to get out a little more. Less than $10 for a pair of supposedly brand-name socks in a tourist resort shopping center is pretty standard--if you want them cheaper, try the outdoor markets.

i guess you do not have much of a clue what you talking about rolleyes.gif , 10 meters down on the same floor, there are stands selling 4 pairs for 100 baht with any name you like on it. unless of course these were gold plated and troll proofthumbsup.gif

One of the assistants saw Mr. Schmidt enter one of the changing rooms and when he came out he appeared to be wearing the socks and then left the shop without making an attempt to pay for them.

There is no mention if he was wearing any socks or what brand socks prior to entering the changing rooms, so where is the evidence that he stole? it may have been his socks

Also since the assistant is so attentive and pays attention to even feet, how and why exactly did he let someone try the socks? i have never ever ever in any country in the world seen or heard of a store which allows customers to try socks or underwear.

Gap is empty for most of the time, so what exactly was the staff doing when a customer went into a change room with a pair of socks?

Not saying the guy is not guilty, but the whole thing stinks in my opinion

Sock it to him. That's how it starts with these German(&Austrian) guys. Hitler's first crime was stealing socks and they went easy on him. Lock this aspiring NWO dictator up before it's too late.

i always admired geniuses... like you laugh.png

• Like 2

i guess you do not have much of a clue what you talking about rolleyes.gif , 10 meters down on the same floor, there are stands selling 4 pairs for 100 baht with any name you like on it. unless of course these were gold plated and troll proofthumbsup.gif

maybe he preferred to steal the socks priced at B290, but the point is that price is not unusual, whether it is good value or not is debatable

maybe he preferred to steal the socks priced at B290, but the point is that price is not unusual, whether it is good value or not is debatable

For Thailand, it is. and rather rare, might be the reason for GAP store to be empty for most of the time

Just a thought for those who criticise the newspaper for printing this story, it does send a warning message out to readers that this is not a place to steal. To steal in this way, taking items into a changing room and leaving whilst wearing them, suggests a degree of intent to commit a crime.

A modern day Jean Valjohn..........send him to the colonies for 25 years!

As mentioned by BPB in post #23, one of the socks is damaged.

Makes you wonder why they would be selling gear like this for 290 Baht doesn't it?

Or was the guy wearing them when he came into the store. Never heard of trying on socks in a dressing room before, that would be most hygenic if they weren't purchased, eh..................wink.png

post-76988-0-65700900-1355280640_thumb.j

Makes you wonder why they would be selling gear like this for 290 Baht doesn't it?

Or was the guy wearing them when he came into the store. Never heard of trying on socks in a dressing room before, that would be most hygenic if they weren't purchased, eh..................wink.png

Well done Shersock.

Edited by RealisticRon
  • Like 1

Well done Shersock.

Not quite Holmes, looks to me like that is where the accused ripped off the security tab coffee1.gif

Somebody stupid enough to do this probably was also wearing shorts and flip-flops too (and came in barefooted)........

Call the fashion police!

If there is anything to call the fashion police for, it is these fat, facial haired, tattooed, simmet wearing, shorts wearing Farangs.

I am not fat. I shave my face. I have no tattoos. What is a simmet? (too lazy to google) I never wear shorts, not even at home!

Yes I am a falang. w00t.gifcrazy.gif

Oh, I never go to Pattya!

Somebody stupid enough to do this probably was also wearing shorts and flip-flops too (and came in barefooted)........

Call the fashion police!

If there is anything to call the fashion police for, it is these fat, facial haired, tattooed, simmet wearing, shorts wearing Farangs.

I am not fat. I shave my face. I have no tattoos. What is a simmet? (too lazy to google) I never wear shorts, not even at home!

Ah, a guy just like me, I bet your'e handsome as well. Anyway, a simmet is a vest, in Scotland we call it a simmet. When I go to Pattaya, I take my wife sometimes, or go with my friends, maybe about twice a year, and as a non drinker, I never go to the bars.

Well done Shersock.

Not quite Holmes, looks to me like that is where the accused ripped off the security tab coffee1.gif

Now, why would he do that. The security tab was probably more expensive than 'those' socks. :(

As its Xmas:

A guy comes down for breakfast one morning and sees his wife at the stove with one of his socks in the frying pan.

husband: what the F*** are you doing?

wife: I'm only doing what u begged me to do last night....

husband: I was not asking you to "COOK MY SOCK!!!!

• Like 1

Ah, a guy just like me, I bet your'e handsome as well. Anyway, a simmet is a vest, in Scotland we call it a simmet. When I go to Pattaya, I take my wife sometimes, or go with my friends, maybe about twice a year, and as a non drinker, I never go to the bars.

Why yes I am a handsome guy. And the more money I give to my girlfriend, the more han'sum' I am too!