Phone Stolen.....

Khun Jean

My wifes phone was stolen while she was making a picture of the kids in front of the white christmas tree by Getaway.

A guy (30 something) waited for the right moment and pulled the phone out of my wifes hand and ran to the corner where a motorcycle with 'Getaway'driver was waiting for him. It happened in a few seconds.

I overhead her talking to some personel from the Getaway and it seems it is happening a lot these days, probably the start of tourist season is making them more active.

Stay alert!

Edited by Khun Jean

Sorry to hear about the theft. Had my phone stolen once in Bangkok. Some ladyboy from Nana Plaza ended up with it and it still had my sim card. He called me and wanted money from me and he would relay messages and numbers of people who had called my phone and also was angry people kept calling me at that number. Sometimes it just amazes me how Thai logic works.

Sorry to hear about that, hope your wife is OK.

I know this won't help in your case, but I always make a note of the mobile phone's serial number, and with this your provider can block the stolen phone.

Type into your phone *#60# (star, hash, sixty. hash) and this will give you a 15 digit number. Keep that safe.

Note: this works with most, but not all mobiles.

C

Edit for clarity

Edited by chrisinth

Sorry to hear that. I hope your wife is OK and that you've cancelled the SIM, and have good insurance in place. A salutory reminder to us all.

People have insurance for phones? Ha ha.

Seriously though, I hate things like this, dirty little scumbags....I just bought my better half the new Samsung Galaxy she would be devestated if this happened to her, but I guess the main thing is that she is ok.

At least there is good footage on a cctv camera. Wife had to report to the police so the shopping mall can give the recording to them.

I made a slip of the finger and wrote the name of the shopping mall wrong. It is "Gateway", it is at the Ekkamai BTS station.

It was not an expensive phone (older blackberry), so i think the thief did not expect that. It shows however that he was not really checking the model of the phone.

I never have phone service subscriptions only prepaid

The real loss is pictures that were not copied yet. Like fathersday, school performance. Luckily we have most also on another camera.

I guess a better strategy is to copy pictures of phones and digital cameras every day.

The worst from it is that the kids were shocked by this and also cried. It was their first encounter with 'bad' people.

They are ok now.

Edited by Khun Jean

At least there is good footage on a cctv camera. Wife had to report to the police so the shopping mall can give the recording to them.

I made a slip of the finger and wrote the name of the shopping mall wrong. It is "Gateway", it is at the Ekkamai BTS station.

It was not an expensive phone (older blackberry), so i think the thief did not expect that. It shows however that he was not really checking the model of the phone.

The real loss is pictures that were not copied yet. Like fathersday, school performance. Luckily we have most also on another camera.

I guess a better strategy is to copy pictures of phones and digital cameras every day.

The worst from it is that the kids were shocked by this and also cried. It was their first encounter with 'bad' people.

They are ok now.

You should install 'dropbox' on your phones, uploads all photos you take to the internet, either instantly or when connected to wifi (up to you). Storage is free, software is free. I use it on my Android and Blackberry.

Use my referral link and they give me more space

http://db.tt/bwrQvHl

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

They are ok now.

You should install 'dropbox' on your phones, uploads all photos you take to the internet, either instantly or when connected to wifi (up to you). Storage is free, software is free. I use it on my Android and Blackberry.

Use my referral link and they give me more space

http://db.tt/bwrQvHl

Use it too works great.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App