Motogp 2013 + Sbk,bsb Motorbike Racing

Bluetongue

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shakey done the Double at Thruxton, in the 1st race he pipped Brookes on the last bend to win, 2nd race, the saftey car was out so much JB rekons he lost heat in the tyres and coundnt go for a podium, which didnt affect Shakey, so Byrne has a clear lead in BSB now, also seems Tyco Suzuki is 10 bhp down on the Kawasaki,

Not so with WSB, looks like BMW are 10bhp up on everything else, well done Chas Davies [Coultard lookalike] for doing the double as no2 to Melandri, that bike is so fast on the straights!!

• Like 1

Yes Davies is looking like a very serious challenger now. Laverty 2 DNFs, Tom 1 DNF didn't help. Melandri made mistakes, Guintoli supposedly just going for points, Rea and Haslam the 2 Hondas looked down on power but Leon has to step up. Checa was grimacing like a 40 year old man with a battered body riding a superbike, but said he got bitten by a wasp in Race 1.

I lifted my visor coming home fast one Sunday in Aus, got stung by a bee or something just under the eye, my face swelled up and people at work thought I'd been in a fight the next day. That was my only bee sting in about 20 years but here in Thailand I've had about 5 including face, throttle hand and foot and they are no fun let me assure you.

Lickey it sounds like you are building a bit of a case to make JB a new moaner, mind you if he actually won I could care less.

Thought Rossi had blown it ,but no wayclap2.gif .

laugh.png You have to have a little faith, I think he has answered all his critic already, if he stays upright and has no injuries, get on the front row he is well on for number 10.

Ok well it wouldn't take much of a gamble to predict Lorenzo (Grid 1) and Pedrosa (Grid 3) on the podium. So who else, Dovi (Grid 4) , Vale (Grid 7), Cal, (Grid 2) , Marc (Grid 6) hmm. Lorenzo to win, Pedrosa second, Dovisioso, 3rd. For me the Ducati qualifying was at least a surprise if not a big one. I think he has the all round package to get third. Vale can go along way with his racecraft, his skill and his equipment but I'm still predicting he might not be able to match it with the top guys at the crucial moment. You might recall I said similar last year but it was all blame the bike then. So we'll see and I'll be happy to eat humble pie if wrong. Marquez had a habit of hanging back a little from the start in Moto 2 for a few corners before he passed his opposition to be like second at the end of the first lap. He wont want to do that here as Lorenzo and Pedrosa will get away and the other guys wont be so easily passed. Cal is harder now so I'm expecting him to pick up more podiums. Of the rest Bradl would appear to be the best (Grid 5). Spies off to a great start in 13th and didn't make the final qualifying. Smith 9th I think.

For Moto2 I was called out at the crucial stage but you'd have to think Espargaro, then Redding and possible Kallio or the Japanese guy. maybe Terol

Moto 3 I like Folger's chances though Salom looks hard to beat on the Repsol thing, chuck in Maverick and you have a podium but he wont ever be a favourite of mine, a prima donna with a sulk and an attitude

Quote " Vale can go along way with his racecraft, his skill and his equipment but I'm still predicting he might not be able to match it with the top guys at the crucial moment. You might recall I said similar last year. "

So what you reckon BT ? what could you ask for better than the first 2013 Qatar, my take was MotoGP is back at last, along with the new silly regs.biggrin.png

Just for MotoGP post discussion and thinking ahead my take is !!! I like this kid No.41 Aleix Espargaro and I reckon he will take Dani's place next year, unless Dani can up the pace or win the championship.

BT, dont get me wrong mate, its just some of the recent comments JB has made i find a bit irksome, he has definatly upped his game last season, not crashing and breaking other riders legs ect, but with him saying he can win the NW200 at his first atempt is a bit too much to stomach, if he does it will be a fluke, and he will never wind his head in again!! hes up against the best Road Racers in the world there and at the TT, Phil Read said, Youve never raced a bike till youve done the TT,

I would think Troy Bayliss is the top Ozzie of all time, Ducati asked him to take the injured Gibenaus place in the last Motogp of the year, Troy had already won the WSB title, so he took the forks out of his wsb bike, put them in the racer, and with normal practice,warm up ect, he won the race!! which should make many of us think about Johnny Rea, who had a lot of practice on moaners Honda and managed 6/7?

Kwasaki, you sure? i thought Helmuts son Stefan would be next in line for a works ride, that is if Redposa retires or gets sacked or leaves, And i aslo rekon Vale could be on for a 10th WC this year, he certainly put the spark back in MotoGP for me, Vale has never been interested in poles, he like to race and overtake ect, not be some automaton at the front, this is why Vale is so great to watch,

Lickey said:-

" Kwasaki, you sure? i thought Helmuts son Stefan would be next in line for a works ride, that is if Redposa retires or gets sacked or leaves, And i aslo rekon Vale could be on for a 10th WC this year, he certainly put the spark back in MotoGP for me, Vale has never been interested in poles, he like to race and overtake ect, not be some automaton at the front, this is why Vale is so great to watch."

Dont rate 'Stefan' Its just my personal take that Honda would have there eye on Aleix and with his performances on CRT I just think he deserves a factory ride if one comes up.

As for Vale thank goodness he is back and along with Marc it was a great race to watch and I wonder what Jorge was thinking with Vale only 6 secs behind and closing.

• Like 1

Free Practices coming in very nice today.

Nice track actually with lots of turns & a nice elevation

change. Honda's look to really like this track & should make

a good race.

Pedrosa looks a lot better than he did a week ago

But Marc....looks nuts. If he keeps the rubber side down

he should do well again

There was a nice couple of FP laps with him chasing Rossi & passing him

Looking forward to this race

This is a difficult one to call, [ not AIS] Watching the QP last night, MM was dragging his elbows on some corners,aint seen that for a long time,

If Rossi doesnt win i will say he will right up there,

Also i wish Eurosport comentators would stop comparing him to Moaner, post race Qatar and QP interviews he was a really nice fella full of admaration for his peers,

If i cant get rid of the adverts, i will watch on this link, http://www.kakibara.com/watch/live/stream/online/free/tv/video/channel/feed/link/broadcast/vivo/gratis/p2p/diretta/1/516996/april-7-2013/eurosport-2.html

Rossi had a broken rear disc, it slowed him up, he just held position to get home, the tossers posting on Crash were saying,excuses excuses ect, and that Qatar was a fluke,

So gentlemen, who really made Qatar interesting, was it Yourgay buggering off at the front with the 2 Hondas line astern,or was it Rossi getting past them, and if he had not made that small error, it would have been top notch at the front, great stuff!!

Didnt like Austin much really, first 6 bends like a slalom, and the helicopter shots showed all the yankee razamataz crap, oh well, it is America i suppose..

• Like 1

Got me monitor fixed and downloaded both races yesterday.

What a great start to the season at Qatar.

Austin is one hell of a track and looks like it was built for Honda's, Jorge did well to keep where he was, and Cal did a really great job, maybe the bosses at Yam's will send him some upgraded parts sooner rather than later.

Poor old Dani at last with Casey out the way along come this pesky young wipper snapper.biggrin.png

My monies on Marc winning the chanpionship unless they can find Jorge a bit extra.

Roll on the 5th of May for Spain.clap2.gif

Got me monitor fixed and downloaded both races yesterday.

What a great start to the season at Qatar.

Austin is one hell of a track and looks like it was built for Honda's, Jorge did well to keep where he was, and Cal did a really great job, maybe the bosses at Yam's will send him some upgraded parts sooner rather than later.

Poor old Dani at last with Casey out the way along come this pesky young wipper snapper.biggrin.png

My monies on Marc winning the chanpionship unless they can find Jorge a bit extra.

Roll on the 5th of May for Spain.clap2.gif

No doubt about it Marc has talent galore but.....

They are now headed back to Europe & many tracks will suit the Yamaha's too & the data that

the other teams have from years of racing there will not be Austin

Also no matter what the talent there needs to be a consistency that usually does not come the 1st year.

But Marc is excellent & may prove me wrong but even at Austin he took a pretty decent spill in practice.

His style is such that he is on the edge a lot.

I am kind of thinking the championship is still a Dani & Jorge affair with a healthy does of the Doctor in there of course

& he cannot be counted out.

Also agree Cal was awesome & sad he kind of got ignored by the media there.

I heard he gets equal of Rossi's current bike next? But not sure when

Well I like a bit of comfort so 2 o/c morning not for me, even if I could get to watch I still like to download and keep the whole seasons racing.

I bet for Marc because he has the VR attitude and his riding style reminds me of Toni Elias who as it has been said seems to be leaving the bike, maybe championship not this year for him but as always with MotoGP you never know.

MCN news Vale was praising Cal for his race at Austin, didn't know he would get the same bike as Vale maybe Vale made a telephone call err ! biggrin.png

' Lickey ' they say here front disc, that could of been very dodgy if it broke up.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2013/April/apr2213-Valentino-Rossi-hails-fantastic-Cal-Crutchlow/_/R-EPI-140052

Jorge will always be a contender with such skill and talent, not so sure about Dani although he did well towards last year I still have a gut feeling when watching him race against others he just can't cut it when it means taking a risk, it showed up again when Marc cut in to overtake, and he didn't get back, they reckoned it was tyre choice but Dani said no that was not the case.

Good to see Dovi doing well, Karel Abraham should forget it, and Aleix is absolutely outstanding on the Aprilia.

Edited by Kwasaki

Yes Kwasaki, i see an article about the discs and the problem, carbon discs are handed, with arrows same as a tyre, but Vale had 2 left or 2 right discs on causing the vibes, otherwise im pretty sure he would have got past Cal..

There must be a lot of us UK fans that are so glad Cal didnt go to Ducati, If Rossi couldnt make it work, who can??

Yes Kwasaki, i see an article about the discs and the problem, carbon discs are handed, with arrows same as a tyre, but Vale had 2 left or 2 right discs on causing the vibes, otherwise im pretty sure he would have got past Cal..

There must be a lot of us UK fans that are so glad Cal didnt go to Ducati, If Rossi couldnt make it work, who can??

Stoner and Dovi's looking good. laugh.png

I stick with what I have said all along 90 degree twin OK but 90 degree V4 mai dee.

Glad that the race times return to more civilised hours this weekend, the last 2 rounds were at silly times here in SE Asia.

Also glad to see Cal 2nd fastest, just, and that we are sure of some battles for the lead on Sunday between up to 5 riders.

Scott Redding on fire!

Its general election this weekend in Malaysia, so wont be stepping a foot out of the door on Sunday.....

Yes Free Practice was great yesterday & also at a decent hour smile.png

They had some great replays of GP class turn one with so many coming in

under hard braking with their rear wheel off the ground.

Edited by mania

Marc just had the funniest crash of sorts in FP4

Looked like break dancing

He just kind of came off at full lean but held the bar & the bike spun once

Very weird low side

Looked like No damage to him or the bike

Edited by mania

It was certainly out of the Rossi book of tricks, recalling Rossi getting past Gibernau at the same corner on the last lap. No-one sanctioned Rossi likewise Marc. It seemed like the track only had the 2 passing spots, that one and the one they were all falling off on (turn 6). Johnny Rea did it a couple of times last year in SBK including taking out contenders, if someone like him did it in MotoGP then he would get a real bagging but because its Marc - no. It is fair enough to try 100% but personally I don't think that charging into the last corner with absolutely no chance of making the apex unless you bump the other guy is sporting, I didn't think so when Rossi did it and I don't think so now.

For me then its another black mark against Marc, he got 2 from me last year so he's still behind Lorenzo overall anyway. However most if not all of Lorenzo's were in the lower classes too. Just also wanted to say great to be able to watch it live. I'm not up to those three am starts, I used to be when I was working, but not here.

• Like 1