Motogp 2013 + Sbk,bsb Motorbike Racing

Bluetongue

Yes, it will an interesting, although slightly depleted, race.

If Dani does start I can't see him running at the front.

Rossi could be on for a consecutive win, if Marc manages to stay on he will be at the front. Watching him slide the bike around corners during practice was awesome.

What a great qualifying ride by Alex Espargaro!

How good would it be if Cal wins? I think the last Brit to win in the top class was Barry Sheene in 1981.

Come On Cal

Come On Rossi

Yes I was really impressed by Espargaro & the Aprilia

running right up there now.

This track seems very odd to me when watching the slow motion shots.

The camber on some of the turns seems so odd.

Could just be the views

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cal has got to get a better start, maybe he doesn't enjoy the full fuel load. Good results in all 3 classes to keep interest going in the championship. Wait with baited breath to see who starts in Laguna

Yes that fuel is what I am thinking too on his starts.

Also Marquez is lucky he is as aggressive as he is in passing that he got around Bradl

quickly. Bradl is a good rider for sure but was riding above himself naturally as it was his home GP.

But after a lap or two of adrenaline wore off he kind of was inadvertently holding up Rossi & Cal

which really helped Marquez.

If Cal does get a good start one of these days I think it may make for a great race as his lap times show

he is more than capable of staying with the factory boys.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Nice one.

Cal was really going for it, started to close down on the gap to Marc, but it was left too late in the race. Marc is a star isn't he, didn't make much of a mistake all race, how old is he?

I'm sure Cal will get a podium soon, or he may be crowned the same Randy Mamola = the most successful runner up.

Roll on next week, I think Jorge will be out but Dani possibly in. Shame its on at silly times in the night so will have to settle for a reply on Monday night.

• Like 1

Marc is a star isn't he, didn't make much of a mistake all race, how old is he?

Yes I was impressed with his consistency this race too.

Also in practice. This track bit a lot of riders bu he stayed upright

He is only 20 years old !

Marc is a star isn't he, didn't make much of a mistake all race, how old is he?

Yes I was impressed with his consistency this race too.

Also in practice. This track bit a lot of riders bu he stayed upright

He is only 20 years old !

The next MotoGP champion and his brother I hope will be in the mix next year with Scott. biggrin.png

Just read that both Dani and Jorge will race at Laguna seca this weekend.

Should be interesting, pity about the time difference.

I might just have to stay up and then go straight to work on Monday

Yes like most I too hope Cal does not take a Ducati GP seat

Does not seem conducive to high placings wink.png

Well as ' soihok ' said, it flies high but with no rider on it.laugh.png

Edited by Kwasaki

Well I'd be prepared to bet that Cal wouldn't take the Ducati seat. My read of it is that he was offered the Tech 3 satellite Yamaha next season but knocked it back (at least interim). He would be hoping that due to injury, early retirement as per Stoner, dissatisfaction etc could lead to a shakeup of the top 4 seats ie Honda/Yamaha where he would be right in the running. He may not get his wish but I don't think he is wrong for at least making his play to stay in the game, an early signature might cruel it for him. Plus he wont go backwards to be Dovi's teammate again no love lost there methinks.

I saw Jorge on TV at Barcelona Airport chatting to Rafael Nadal so assumed he was on his way to Laguna. Notice that Marc is quickest after Friday

Yes like most I too hope Cal does not take a Ducati GP seat

Does not seem conducive to high placings wink.png

Well as ' soihok ' said, it flies high but with no rider on it.laugh.png

Well no high placings unless you are Stoner, Capirossi or Bayliss. No surprise Hayden getting the flick, 5 years on it as a former world champion, any podiums? let alone wins I know there have been none of those

Shaken up indeed. Well done Stefan! Will he or won't he?

Silly times for the race, but I just may get up and watch the race then go straight to work. Should be worth getting up for!

WSBK tonight, nice one> Tom is way back in ninth but I'm sure he'll claw his way up the order. Well done V'Chazzle on the front row start............

Cheers

I am well impressed with both Dani and Jorge taking part in the race at Laguna Seca..............................my money is on Rossi, he knows the circuit well although his qualifying position aint great, I have a feeling Marc will not finish.

Sad to hear that Andrea Antontelli lost his life in the WSS race yesterday, I was wondering why the second WSBK race was cancelled (although it was howling down)and there was no champagne being sprayed on the podium at Laguna Seca.

RIP Andrea.

It is always very sad when someone loses their life on the track, in front of the crowds and tv.

I, unfortunatley, witnessed Marco Simocelli's accident at Sepang, very sad.

Edited by soihok

Sorry to hear that about Andrea Antontelli I had not heard

I saw a clip & the weather looked pretty bad.

I am still not sure what to think of rainy racing. At times I wonder

Waiting to see GP @ Laguna as I did not wake for it today.

Someone will posy it soon if not British Eurosport 2 has it tomorrow too.

All that Soihok says I concur. All Truevisions said was cancelled due to inclement weather, so I did not know until now. As some may not have watched Laguna yet I will not mention the result but my prediction about Rossi and Marquez muscling it out in the corkscrew did come true.

Sorry to see Tom's bike in flames at Moscow, Steve Martin thought that the previous days crash might have caused some oil starvation as it was running on its side therefore making the engine likely to drop its lunch. And the pitstops did make it interesting. Checa cant take a trick, downed by Cluzel on the second corner and his teammate ended up with a podium (albeit after about 8 crashes from guys potentially in front of him.) Ditto Haslam. BMW have the intermediate conditions covered it seems.

• Like 1

As some may not have watched Laguna yet I will not mention the result but my prediction about Rossi and Marquez muscling it out in the corkscrew did come true.

Just got done watching & yes it did wink.png

VR took all in good humour and didn't moan about it being a crazy pass.laugh.png

Enjoyed the race and if this boy Marc stays upright I have him down for the 2013 Championship.

• Like 2

He will be the first debut championship winner since Methuselah played for Collingwood (or Manchester for you poms). Does anybody know?. I hope we aren't putting the mocka on him but boy he's a good boy

Yes he has a natural talent for the bike.

Lack of fear & youth helps with that.

Caution tends to come with age & long recoveries from bad crashes.

So if he stays healthy I think he will surely be a champion a few times.

Honda should offer a long contract now & he should take it IMHO because with it comes peace of

mind & a familiarity with equipment that many will say is right at the top of what is available.

If it was me as Mr Honda I'd offer him 3 years more, that will see Lorenzo and Pedrosa nearing the end of their careers (if not already), Valentino will be gone and its enough time to see the next rookies and bikes/teams coming through one of whom will be better. Have no doubt, its like gunfighting there's always someone that can beat you. If the heir isn't apparent by then Marc will himself decide his future, his ability speaks for itself and as per Rossi when he joined Yamaha he may look for some other challenge.

• Like 1