Tourist Visa Single Entry- Double Entry Quick Question

On July i went to make double entry visa to Laos,2months later extended in immigration for 30days more.After that went to Cambodia visa run again 2 months which are over now i have to make 1 last extension 30days in immigration.

My question is do i have to make again double entry visa to Laos and get again 6months(with extensions and visa runs to cambodia) or can i just go to Cambodia visa run single entry for 3months more(with extension in immigration).(so its a basiclly 8000baht visa vs 2000baht)

thank you for your answers and help

If you want a two entry visa it would have to be Laos but if you only want the 60+30 days you can use anywhere. A single entry tourist visa is 1,000 baht and two entry 2,000 baht Consulate fee. Remember that in Cambodia it will likely take 4 days to issue the visa rather than next day in most other places.

If you want a two entry visa it would have to be Laos but if you only want the 60+30 days you can use anywhere. A single entry tourist visa is 1,000 baht and two entry 2,000 baht Consulate fee. Remember that in Cambodia it will likely take 4 days to issue the visa rather than next day in most other places.

Thank you for you answer,and 1 more.Do you, or somebody, know maybe is that single entry to cambodia(60 + 30) like you said cheaper then going to Laos(6months)*besides 1000baht less for visa)? Im little confused with staying couple of days in cambodia,i though it was just 1 day visa run.

Edited by thaichalina

The visa is basically the same price anywhere (except for exchange variations). The Consulate in Phnom Penh policy is four days for visa issue. If you do not need a visa (just border crossing) it would be same day. No Consulate processes visa the same day in the area (normal is morning and pick up next workday afternoon so at least 25-26 hours.

There is nowhere, not any Thai embassy/consulate, that issues tourist visas on the same day. At the very least it takes two days, with most locations around the world taking longer. The cheapest over-all option is Vientaine in Laos, as they still issue 2 tourist visas at the same time. It is also fairly cheap taking the train, or bus to NongKwai, cross over, and get the visas, then return.

One of the things you can do to slightly reduce the over-all cost is to get USA dollars to buy the Laos visa with ($35US as opposed to bt1500, about a $15 savings). You can get American money at the Bangkok Bank for a small fee. To buy $35US would cost about bt40 in fees.

Two trips for the same two tourist visas to most other countries around Thailand can get expensive compared to the trip to Laos, then the bt2000 visa run you are confused about to activate the second visa. That bt2000 fee can be slightly reduced, but you give up about 10 hours of travel in comfort for less than bt300.

One of your confusions is the visa run for bt2000. That is simply a trip to, and across the border, then back. You only get a 15 day visa exempt stamp for crossing the border overland if you do not have a tourist visa that can be activated on the return to Thailand..

• Like 1

There is nowhere, not any Thai embassy/consulate, that issues tourist visas on the same day. At the very least it takes two days, with most locations around the world taking longer. The cheapest over-all option is Vientaine in Laos, as they still issue 2 tourist visas at the same time. It is also fairly cheap taking the train, or bus to NongKwai, cross over, and get the visas, then return.

One of the things you can do to slightly reduce the over-all cost is to get USA dollars to buy the Laos visa with ($35US as opposed to bt1500, about a $15 savings). You can get American money at the Bangkok Bank for a small fee. To buy $35US would cost about bt40 in fees.

Two trips for the same two tourist visas to most other countries around Thailand can get expensive compared to the trip to Laos, then the bt2000 visa run you are confused about to activate the second visa. That bt2000 fee can be slightly reduced, but you give up about 10 hours of travel in comfort for less than bt300.

One of your confusions is the visa run for bt2000. That is simply a trip to, and across the border, then back. You only get a 15 day visa exempt stamp for crossing the border overland if you do not have a tourist visa that can be activated on the return to Thailand..

Well then if i pay almost same price its better that i make a double entry visa.And most important question is: How many times i can make double entry visa(every six months) in a row? And if there is a limit of how many times can make it what have to do after that(only go back to my country and come back and start all over or just make ED visa).Thank you