Filthy Bottled Water

SoloFlyer

Just opened a bottle of water that had been left in the car for two days. The sort of bottle that comes in crates for 40odd bht per.

Bottle was brown from the outside. Normally opaque white. Poured into a glass to see how bad, and it was bad. Floaty leaf type matter and very cloudy. Worse was the stench. When I poured it down the sink it stank the whole kitchen out. A smell like stagnant bog, only worse.

What could have caused this? It being in the car? The crates being outside? Never had a (noticeable) problem before....

Ever been to a water bottling and filtration plant? Or for that matter ever seen those water machines getting their filters replaced? I eventually bought a good quality water filter, as I know I am not to cheap to replace my own filter.

I too have my own water filter, in the long run much cheaper than the bottles.

Someone told me a long time ago it was safer than the water in the plastic bottles.

I think its important even if you have mains water becasue the colour of that some days looks like its come direct from the toilet.

I would suggest Global and / or Homepro

Installation was in the price at Homepro

I would recomend 6 stage RO system which includes UV

The filters / RO will filter the solids and the UV kills bacteria

Normal the units are fitted under the sink, however i fitted mine in a room where the water tanks for the house are loacted, then the waste water I use for the garden

I paid 11K, however recently notice 8K, I think it was at Global

I have noticed a lot of bottle water develops those little floatly things after a while and sometimes what i would describe as a "dead" taste and i put it down to the lack of chlorine and other chemicals that kill bacteria. Pure bottled water has a limited shelf life and if it is in the sun and warmth will start it's own life forms very much like life on this planet evolved from water borne bacteria but over a period millions of years of course.

Perhaps you can watch a more intelligent life form than what we presently have on this little blue cabbage by leaving a bottle of water on the parcel shelf.

Just a thought.!

Water purifiers might be a good idea,IF you remember to change filters,

UV light,RO membranes on a regular basis,some people think they just

need to install and forget, also those filters ect are not cheap,and you

could also find it difficult to find replacements.

I thought it through a long time ago,i am not methodical and could not

be 100% sure I would remember to change them at regular intervals,

so I have been buying Glacier water in glass bottles ,every week for

the last ,it must be at least 15 + years, I never had a bad bottle,at

bht52 for a crate of 24 bottles (glass) delivered twice a week,why

would I want to bother with RO units,filters, the mess the expense.

If you are filtering your own water ,remember change your filters,

UV lamps,(6 months) RO membranes the same or you could be

drinking tainted water and not realize it.

Regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

I was also buying my water in glass bottles when I was in the city. I'm not altogether happy about the white plastic mine is delivered in at the house. It would be reassuring to know that this particular material is safe.

Water purifiers might be a good idea,IF you remember to change filters,

UV light,RO membranes on a regular basis,some people think they just

need to install and forget, also those filters ect are not cheap,and you

could also find it difficult to find replacements.

I thought it through a long time ago,i am not methodical and could not

be 100% sure I would remember to change them at regular intervals,

so I have been buying Glacier water in glass bottles ,every week for

the last ,it must be at least 15 + years, I never had a bad bottle,at

bht52 for a crate of 24 bottles (glass) delivered twice a week,why

would I want to bother with RO units,filters, the mess the expense.

If you are filtering your own water ,remember change your filters,

UV lamps,(6 months) RO membranes the same or you could be

drinking tainted water and not realize it.

Regards Worgeordie

We used to use Glacier in the glass also. For some reason they stopped delivering in are area. I would have no problem recommending them.

I was also buying my water in glass bottles when I was in the city. I'm not altogether happy about the white plastic mine is delivered in at the house. It would be reassuring to know that this particular material is safe.

I was told that the clear plastic bottles were OK. But the cloudy white ones would contaminate the water. Carcinogens or some thing like that would leach out of the plastic.

That is what I was told.

I would not be happy using any kind of plastic bottles for my

drinking water,1)Glass is an inert substance,plastics made from

chemicals, and 2) Its my small attempt to save the world,one

bottle at a time.

regards Worgeordie

I was told that the clear plastic bottles were OK. But the cloudy white ones would contaminate the water. Carcinogens or some thing like that would leach out of the plastic.

That is what I was told.

I recently bought a clear plastic container (19 litres) as it's a safe plastic. I decant the water from the white bottle into this rather than have this water and the bottles sitting around in a suspect plastic.

The polycarbonate bottles are on sale at Amorn for 280baht.

The town water in Northern Chiang Mai seems quite good, and I use it for everything except drinking. Costs 30 baht a month!

I regular test both my RO system water and the government water, and the government water for TDS is very good.

The readings are very accetpable, however it does not test for bacteria in the water, you need a UV source to kill bacteria

I regular test both my RO system water and the government water, and the government water for TDS is very good.

The readings are very accetpable, however it does not test for bacteria in the water, you need a UV source to kill bacteria

Hi Hully Gully, Ozone works very good as well,at killing Viruses,Bacteria,and other nasties ,thats why I buy Glacier

water they Ozonate the water ozone =O3

regards Worgeordie