48r--the Suspense

Arrived in Bangkok Wed 8 Feb and went straight to embassy with GF and lodged application for tourist visa to Aus.

Provided Stat Dec (as per Burns and Mighty mouse)

Covering letter

Telephone accounts

Emails

Photos

Pay slips (3 months)

Group certificates (3 years from same employer)

Bank statements (12 months)

Land title

All copies witnessed

GF of course supplied all her documentation

Embassy rang her at her office yesterday ( 15th) and asked her a lot of questions about our relationship (maybe trying to catch her out as the answers were all in the documentation)

Only problem is my GF is a Government employee and as we have asked for 3 months she will have to resign her position.

Travel to Bangkok tonite by bus from Kalasin to pick up passport.

Suspense is killing me. Wish me (us) luck

Bob and Lek

Arrived in Bangkok Wed 8 Feb and went straight to embassy with GF and lodged application for tourist visa to Aus.

Covering letter

Telephone accounts

Emails

Photos

Pay slips (3 months)

Land title

All copies witnessed

Embassy rang her at her office yesterday ( 15th) and asked her a lot of questions about our relationship (maybe trying to catch her out as the answers were all in the documentation)

Only problem is my GF is a Government employee and as we have asked for 3 months she will have to resign her position.

Bob and Lek

Good Luck.....

Cant work out why they rang her up and questioned her....that hasnt happened to anyone I know who has been through the process.

keep us informed

:o

Covering letter

Telephone accounts

Emails

Photos

Pay slips (3 months)

Land title

All copies witnessed

Bob and Lek

Good Luck.....

Cant work out why they rang her up and questioned her....that hasnt happened to anyone I know who has been through the process.

keep us informed

:o

Ka-ching Ka-ching JACKPOT

Multiple entry visa.

Each entry for 3 months.

Last entry to be before 9/2/07.

Thanks for your best wishes

Bob and Lek

Aha!!! the reason for the questions.....you went for the 12 month multiple entry visa.. :o, interesting to note that the final entry is 9/2/07 thats the day after the application was lodged and they were asking questions on the 15th....??? Usually the visa starts from the first entry date or the date of grant.....Strange...Anyway I guess you aint worried about it now....

Well done Bob.....congrats and hope Lek enjoys her stay.

Edited by gburns57au

Aha!!! the reason for the questions.....you went for the 12 month multiple entry visa.. :D, interesting to note that the final entry is 9/2/07 thats the day after the application was lodged and they were asking questions on the 15th....??? Usually the visa starts from the first entry date or the date of grant.....Strange...Anyway I guess you aint worried about it now....

Congrats Bob! :o

A multiple entry tourist visa, cool! I'd imagine that'd be an easy thing for a spouse to get?

(if she got the spouse visa rejected for some reason, say)

Always good to have options! :D

Is there a limit to how many entries you can make on a multi-entry visa?

Or is it upto 4 3-month entries? (as opposed to say 6 2-month entries, or something like that)

Aha!!! the reason for the questions.....you went for the 12 month multiple entry visa.. :D, interesting to note that the final entry is 9/2/07 thats the day after the application was lodged and they were asking questions on the 15th....??? Usually the visa starts from the first entry date or the date of grant.....Strange...Anyway I guess you aint worried about it now....

Congrats Bob! :o

A multiple entry tourist visa, cool! I'd imagine that'd be an easy thing for a spouse to get?

(if she got the spouse visa rejected for some reason, say)

Always good to have options! :D

Is there a limit to how many entries you can make on a multi-entry visa?

Or is it upto 4 3-month entries? (as opposed to say 6 2-month entries, or something like that)

Sorry about the messed up reply. I'm still just getting used to the format on this forum.

Sorry to confuse you further Mr Burns but we only ticked the box asking up to 3 months.

Chareehusbee, don't know of any limitations on number of entries but if I tried six I'd be broke. Care to sling us a few bucks?

Bob

Mygirl is going for her visa this week....I ticked the 3 month box also.....wonder what I will get :o

......probably a ring through your nose and lotsa home cooked Thai meals. :D

It's a good time of year to bring her out too. I hope it all goes smoothly for you both. :D

She wants the ring on her finger and does a lot of Thai soups. :D

She will go back just as it starts to get cold....so it should be ok for her. :D

My girl was supposed to ring the embassy today to see about picking up her visa.....they rang her and asked her a few questions....she now has to go in tomorrow between 1300 and 1600 hrs to pick up her passport...no word on approval yet.....I definately ticked the 3 month box...I just wonder if she will like Aussie Bobs missus get a 12 ME visa.....could be a bonus...will let you all know. :o

My girl was supposed to ring the embassy today to see about picking up her visa.....they rang her and asked her a few questions....she now has to go in tomorrow between 1300 and 1600 hrs to pick up her passport...no word on approval yet.....I definately ticked the 3 month box...I just wonder if she will like Aussie Bobs missus get a 12 ME visa.....could be a bonus...will let you all know. :o

Good luck Mr Burns! :D

Good luck Mr Burns! :D

Well we have a visa....still not sure which one yet....will try and find out tonite....she should be here about April 1st....yeah I know...could picked a better date.... :D

As I said I ticked the 3 month box and they rang her up and spoke to her.....

She got a 12 month multiple entry visa....

Bloody amazing..... :o

:D:D:D

Congratulations Mate! :D

Thanks mate....have started a new topic about this 12 month visa biz....want to see if it becomes the norm....there has been no notification on it but it seems someone up there has seen some sense.... :D

Congratulations. :D

Now all you need to do is go out and buy a bottle of champagne, bottle of fish sauce, packets of noodles etc.....................and of course that sparkling ring. :D

who told you about that bit.....shhh...its a secret... :o