A Win For 3Bb

zippydedodah

thought i would give praise where praise is due.

Upon getting my first 3BB connection 2.5 yrs ago, my line was a rated 300Kb/sec...that was what i was paying for and that was what a got, more or less, maybe sometimes...

Well, without any requests or calls on my part, over the years, 3BB has gradually upgraded (at no additional cost to me) my line to where i now get a full 1MB/sec...

While this is not always reflected in my torrents (but often is), anytime that i grab videos from Youtube (using IDM), i pull a full 1MB/sec and sometimes even a bit more...

Now this is a real pleasant surprise for me and still only paying 599 baht/month....

Was able to watch the Sandy special concert today, in full HD, with no buffering and yet my torrents continued at full pace in the background.... sometimes this place really works well....

• Like 1

They seem to be trying to compete with true but cant ..... 14/1.4mb 699baht

That's what I have.

I'd rather dig my eyes out than renew. regularly getting less than 60b/s. Calling them makes no difference. Year isn't up until August.

They seem to be trying to compete with true but cant ..... 14/1.4mb 699baht

That's what I have.

I'd rather dig my eyes out than renew. regularly getting less than 60b/s. Calling them makes no difference. Year isn't up until August.

Same experience with True here. Decided to upgrade the internet, and went with True's 20mbps package @ 1500/month. When they hooked it up, still had 3BB at the time, so figured I'd wait out the rest of the month with 3BB to ensure everything with True was fine.

Haven't bothered paying True. They promised me 20mbps, and it's more like 0.8. The 6mbps package from 3BB we have is at least five times quicker, so I just stuck with them, and continue throwing the True bills in the garbage.

The can promeized what the want, when the telephone lines in the ground old, or damage bad insulation from outside signals and your distance to the main dsl signal station is higher then 4 km your speed goes in the basement!

I hope somewhere in time the upgrading to new vectoring technologies like in Europe that offers you 100 mbit in the future of a distance of - km and 30 mbit over 5 km and more !

All cable users share the complete avalible speed also !

When in rush our many tausend people online then the speed goes down for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Our moobaan had only TOT and CAT when we moved in about 2 months ago. I contacted CAT as I don't like TOT at all - an experience I had at Bangkok with our telephone line. The staff there were not friendly, quite unlike True. I asked for internet service from CAT at its branch in the Airport Plaza. The lady told me they couldn't do it because we were permanent residents. I asked her to call the main office which she did. The answer was no. I said why I could get service from TRUE using a permanent resident certificate. She said that's Bangkok! <deleted>!

Later on, I called CAT again. They had 2 guys come to our house. One guy was eager to speak English with me while I believe I can speak better Thai than he can speak English. After a long chat and many copies of documents made, e told me it would take 2 weeks. In that 2 weeks nobody called me then a truck came - an outside contractor hired by CAT. He was about to install the thong daan (copper wire) pulling wire from some distance away, then, he mentioned why I didn't select Airnet since my house could see the tower several kilometers aways in Doi Saket, Ut's 10mbs/10mbs. So I had that installed (from Ais) and bought a router for B900 (special, he said, from B1,400 or more).

It works OK for within the country but it slows down outside the country. It's slower than the 5mbps ADSL I have in Bangkok overall. I use the internet mostly for watching the markets in real time. Sometimes, it stops streaming and I need to refresh it. That's bad for me! Two days ago, I saw 3BB installing their station inside our moobaan. I need to check them out. If my Airnet still interrupts in streaming I may consider a change. In Bangkok, I have used TRUE since internet became available and I'm very satisfied with their services. If TRUe comes into our moobaan, I will subscribe for sure. Organizations ike TOT an CAT which are still tied to the government have employeess on low spiriit and you end up in a bad mood talking to them. I try to avoid if I can.

3BB is OK as long as you can connect to it.With some of my sites such as Hotmail it is really slow. I have gone as long as two days with out 3bb connecting. But it is free so what the heck.

I have an AIS air-stick that is much faster but tends to disconnect it's self occasionally. I just reconect it and carry on.

I am convinced that we do not have a good server in Chiang Mai. A good server would make no difference where in Chiang Mai you are located.

3BB is OK as long as you can connect to it.With some of my sites such as Hotmail it is really slow. I have gone as long as two days with out 3bb connecting. But it is free so what the heck.

I have an AIS air-stick that is much faster but tends to disconnect it's self occasionally. I just reconect it and carry on.

I am convinced that we do not have a good server in Chiang Mai. A good server would make no difference where in Chiang Mai you are located.

What is your definition of a server?

What is your definition of a server?

Well I really am Tech challenged was thinking along the lines of TRUE 3BB AIS,

I now realize that a server might be Google , Yahoo and others.