What Bar Has The Best Xmas Day Celebration & Food?

raybarrell

In my experience nowhere, Christmas in the UK never entailed anything like fun or a celebration, pubs closed, everybody at home. Here is much the same, lots of bars doing lunch/dinner but no party as such. I'll be happy to be proved wrong. I remember a song, though not the artist, "every day is like Christmas day without you, it's cold and there's nothing to do".....

Question of price range you are willing to go for...

Most big hotels offer special Christmas Events, as they have lot of "Christian" customers who live there

Most of the more expensive restaurants offer special Christmas dinners, as they are predominantely frequented by Westernes

But again... price range there is not within a 500B range, it's more like few thousand p.p.

Christmas is different things to different people. This will be my 15th Christmas Buffet prepared in Thailand. In Chiang Rai at Don's Cafe we will feature roast turkey, Virginia ham and roast tenderloin of beef with Yorkshire Pudding and all the other trimmings for 495 Baht which includes a free drink.

Thank you for the replies price is not an issue as I do not mind paying for a goodnight out for this festive occassion! From my experience about 500 - 1000 THB is about the prices for different venues for Xmas day, but wondered which place was value for money?

Question of price range you are willing to go for...

Most big hotels offer special Christmas Events, as they have lot of "Christian" customers who live there

Most of the more expensive restaurants offer special Christmas dinners, as they are predominantely frequented by Westernes

But again... price range there is not within a 500B range, it's more like few thousand p.p.

Yes amazing how much more a turkey dinner costs when you buy it in a five star hotel. Reckon they must get ripped off by their suppliers.whistling.gif