My Tot Broadband Slow Down.

richb2004

I am experiencing extreme slow down on my internet.

I am with TOT broadband with 512kps connection. When I first got it the speed was great, but it has gradually slowed to almost a halt.

When I call up a new page it take an age and I normally have to wait five seconds or so until I can do anything with the screen. When I switch from one open page to another there is a delay. And I often experience remains/ shadows of images when I switch pages.

The TOT guy has just left after checking it out. He blamed it on MSN Messenger, antivirus software and SKYPE. I explained that it was worse before I put the Anti virus software on. He closed them all down, checked the speed, said it was all ok and left. I checked it and it is just the same.

I think maybe it is something in the PC and needs reformatting or something. I know someone that can do this for me. My problem is that I have i-tunes with over 2000 tracks. I don’t want to risk loosing them. I have moved everything else to an area on the PC, but don’t know how to move the i-tunes.

Any advice on the slowdown or the move of i-tunes.

Thanks.

Sounds like malware to me, Download Adaware and run that and delete any files that it finds.

Whats malware and adaware? Malware is what my wife wears to go shopping right? :o

Is it like spyware?

Malware is short for malicious software, software designed specifically to damage or disrupt a system, such as a virus or a Trojan horse.

Adware is form of spyware that collects information about the user in order to display advertisements in the Web browser based on the information it collects from the user's browsing patterns.

A good removal tool is: CounterSpy. You can download a trial version here: CounterSpy

The TOT guy has just left after checking it out. He blamed it on MSN Messenger, antivirus software and SKYPE. I explained that it was worse before I put the Anti virus software on. He closed them all down, checked the speed, said it was all ok and left. I checked it and it is just the same.

Thanks.

Sounds like a doctor working for the 30 baht scheme!