At Least 27 Dead In Connecticut School Shooting - Cbs News

News_Editor

I was saddened to read today that some weird religious group are going to picket the school now the burials are underway, to state that ''God sent the shooter, and praise the Lord''.

<deleted>, these folk must be as crackers as the shooter.

Google news.

• Like 2

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was saddened to read today that some weird religious group are going to picket the school now the burials are underway, to state that ''God sent the shooter, and praise the Lord''.

Google news.

The very same crazies who picket the funerals of servicemen killed on duty. They use these events as an excuse to spout homophobic bile. Edited by BirdsandBooze
  • Like 2

Google news.

The Westboro Baptist Church published on its website that: "God sent the shooter to Newtown, CT. "Shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?" Amos 3:6. He is punishing you for your sins against Him (e.g., fag marriage)."

http://government.brevardtimes.com/2012/12/westboro-baptist-church-god-sent-shooter.html

I am sitting here fuming over this bunch of morons. They should be made to watch the police crime scene video and then asked,

''Are you happy with YOUR gods work, method and choice of target '' ?

''Do you think the living kids will be happy at watching their chums being shot to pieces by YOUR god and perhaps join YOUR flock'' ? sick.gif

I am sitting here fuming over this bunch of morons. They should be made to watch the police crime scene video and then asked,

''Do you think the living kids will be happy at watching their chums being shot to pieces by YOUR god and perhaps join YOUR flock'' ? sick.gif

I'd add - "is this an acceptable price that you must pay for your 'freedom".

• Like 1

I'm sure they can't wait for Armageddon.

Google news.

The only way the Phelps clan can actually get any media attention is by being as obnoxious as possible. One wonders if they would be quite so self righteous if the shooter had targeted them instead.

Looks like President Obama is going to do something memorably whilst he is in office.

Anyone who supports gun ownership is in for a rocky ride accordng to the latest reports in the media.

CBI Deals With Massive Influx Of Potential Gun BuyersThe Colorado Bureau of Investigation says it received 4,154 requests for background checks from potential buyers on Saturday. That was so many the CBI couldn’t process them all and the backlog grew to nearly 18 hours. The Unit could only process 3,001 checks on Saturday.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/cbi-deals-with-massive-influx-of-potential-gun-buyers/

The congressional branch of the USA government makes laws.

Just listened to two senators, (both members of the NRA) who said this latest massacre changes everything and they suggest starting to talk about making changes regarding semi automatics and cartridge magazines. I think one was from West Virginia, didn't catch where the other one was from. It might change everything, but unless Obama starts moving and shaking before it gets forgotten, it will just become a bad memory.

• Like 2

Just listened to two senators, (both members of the NRA) who said this latest massacre changes everything and they suggest starting to talk about making changes regarding semi automatics and cartridge magazines. I think one was from West Virginia, didn't catch where the other one was from. It might change everything, but unless Obama starts moving and shaking before it gets forgotten, it will just become a bad memory.

Joe Scarborough?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/joe-scarborough-newtown-shooting_n_2315100.html

Dianne Feinstein is always trying to tighten gun laws, but she's always stopped either by gun-toting republicans playing to their voters or gun-lobby-sympathetic democrats playing to their voters.

She took office as Mayor of SF after Harvey Milk and the incumbent were shot dead.

“On the first day of the new Congress, I intend to introduce a bill stopping the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of assault weapons as well as large ammunition magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds,” Feinstein said in a statement earlier Monday, adding that she was seeking more support for the updated bill.
Edited by Chicog

In 1996 There was massacre in Tasmania.The Australian people demanded and got action. That included a weapons buy back. It didn't stop gun crime. However there hasn't been massacre since.

Indeed - but according to those on the nutbar right, Australians are now somehow less free.

• Like 2

Joe Scarborough?

http://www.huffingto..._n_2315100.html

I like this (from Joe)

It is time for Congress to put children before deadly dogmas. It's time for politicians to start focusing more on protecting our schoolyards than putting together their next fundraiser. It's time for Washington to stop trying to win endless wars overseas when we're losing the war at home ... For the sake of my four children and yours, I choose life and I choose change."

• Like 2

Joe Scarborough?

http://www.huffingto..._n_2315100.html

I like this (from Joe)

It is time for Congress to put children before deadly dogmas. It's time for politicians to start focusing more on protecting our schoolyards than putting together their next fundraiser. It's time for Washington to stop trying to win endless wars overseas when we're losing the war at home ... For the sake of my four children and yours, I choose life and I choose change."

While I don't doubt his sincerity - he'll be gone now in 2 years unless a lobby group as powerful as the NRA come to his rescue...

In 1996 There was massacre in Tasmania.The Australian people demanded and got action. That included a weapons buy back. It didn't stop gun crime. However there hasn't been massacre since.

Indeed - but according to those on the nutbar right, Australians are now somehow less free.

So what would you prefer?

I really don't believe that they give two hoots about anyone except those in their own twisted circle, they are zealots of the worst sort. Grandpa needs to be bent over and given a good seeing to.

I'm sure they can't wait for Armageddon.

Too bad they cannot experience it sooner than later. I get the free speech thing, but come on. I wonder if an executive order could shut their ass up if they try and show up with their signs and upset children and parents of deceased children.

According to them, the USA is the greatest country on earth, the best democracy, the land with the greatest freedom...but despite all that, there is evil lurking everywhere, that can only be scared away with more guns!

• Like 1

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. has sparked a surge in gun sales, according to independent arms dealers across the nation.

Robert Caselnova, who owns a Connecticut gun shop located less than 10 minutes from the school, said firearms flew off his shelves over the weekend, with multiple requests for AR-15 style rifles, a weapon Adam Lanza used in the Newtown massacre. Caselnova said he knew the Lanzas and that the mother and son had visited his store in the past, separately, but never made any purchases.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2317522.html

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

Article in psychology today states individual own guns to intimidate others and gain respect resulting in very high rates of antisocial behavior

"[T]he gun s an icon for democracy and personal empowerment. For example, some moviegoers claimed they could have “taken out” Holmes if only they had a gun, although additional people firing guns in a dark theater probably would have increased rather than decreased casualties and injuries."

"A U.S. survey found that guns in the home are more likely to be used by men to intimidate women than against strangers. Indeed, other weapons (e.g., baseball bats, knives) were more commonly used than guns in self-defense against strangers."

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/get-psyched/201208/the-tradeoffs-gun-ownership-0

The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. has sparked a surge in gun sales, according to independent arms dealers across the nation.

Robert Caselnova, who owns a Connecticut gun shop located less than 10 minutes from the school, said firearms flew off his shelves over the weekend, with multiple requests for AR-15 style rifles, a weapon Adam Lanza used in the Newtown massacre. Caselnova said he knew the Lanzas and that the mother and son had visited his store in the past, separately, but never made any purchases.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2317522.html

sick.gif 20 innocent children from 5-7 years old and 6 adults are murdered and some people start buying even more guns?

"...with multiple requests for AR-15 style rifles, a weapon Adam Lanza used in the Newtown massacre." ?

Something fundamentally is sick and wrong and more people will be hurt or worse in the future sad.png

* from the link http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/17/sandy-hook-shooting-gun-sales_n_2317522.html

• Like 2

As passed by the Congress: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

I guess today's Congress just needs to do some regulating.

I can see that there are some pro-firearm folks in this forum too but I have a feeling that even they will probably agree with this suggestion of mine : Don't let ANYONE (except people in the army or the police force or folks with a very good reason to own more than 1 firearm, of course) own more than 1 gun (or rifle or whatever). This would be a good start, I think !