At Least 27 Dead In Connecticut School Shooting - Cbs News

News_Editor

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did the second shooter go?

This fleeing suspect, wearing camouflage gear, a bulletproof vest and armed with four guns, has since disappeared from media coverage. Who was this person and how did he know what “it” was when he protested that “I didn’t do it”?

Where did the second shooter go?

This fleeing suspect, wearing camouflage gear, a bulletproof vest and armed with four guns, has since disappeared from media coverage. Who was this person and how did he know what “it” was when he protested that “I didn’t do it”?

Who says he had body armour and 4 guns?

Anyway seems like normal behaviour, dress and accessories for prosperous CT suburban residents keen to exercise their "rights"...!

The NRA just did a witless press conference. The highlights were two perfectly placed anti-NRA banners which will rightly make all the headlines tomorrow. Listening to their drivel it's just as well.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

It's certainly getting a reaction! The NRA is certainly feeling the heat.

Absurd, unbelievable, tragic, obscene — I grope for words to describe the National Rifle Association’s proposal for how the nation should respond to last week’s slaughter in Newtown: More guns in the schools.

The idea is so insane that as far as I’m concerned — and, I hope, as far as a still-grieving nation is concerned — the NRA has forfeited the right to be taken seriously on matters of public policy. Newtown is still burying six-year-olds and Wayne LaPierre, the organization’s chief, wants more freaking guns in the schools. Wow.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2012/12/21/the-nras-insane-idea-about-more-guns-in-schools/

Schools having armed cops assigned to them? I don't think it's an insane idea. It would make me feel better actually knowing that school children are protected.

I would point out in Thailand, the TEACHERS are given guns.

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Teachers-in-southern-Thailand-learning-to-use-guns-7194.html

And keep in mind (1) Thailand does not allow anyone to own any evil type assault rifles (no semi-automatic centerfire rifles are allowed for civilian ownership) and (2) it is much more difficult to get a gun in Thailand. But even in Thailand school children and teachers are specifically targeted.

Anti Gun people in the USA or around the world can rant and rave all they want. Anti Gun U.S. politicians can bluster and boast but the 2nd. Amendment to the U.S. Constitution will not be changed. It would take a super majority of the U.S. House and Senate and the majority of 50 states to ratify any change to any part of the Constitution ... So bottom line on the subject of gun control or gun bans ... IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ... The SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States in recent times clarified that U.S. individual citizens have a Constitutional Right to own a gun. Strict gun laws in Washington D.C. and Chicago have been struck down. Any attempt to ram through more strict gun control will only result in lengthy court cases - which will likely result in the new gun control laws being struck down - based on previous case law... So - I suggest gun control advocates where ever they are - take a deep breath and get over it ... There will be a lot of chest pounding in the coming months - but net net over the coming one - two - three years - nothing will change - we in the USA will keep our guns... I suggest concentrate on making it easier to commit and confine pyschotic - unstable disturbed people and put trained armed guards in schools.

Anti Gun people in the USA or around the world can rant and rave all they want. Anti Gun U.S. politicians can bluster and boast but the 2nd. Amendment to the U.S. Constitution will not be changed. It would take a super majority of the U.S. House and Senate and the majority of 50 states to ratify any change to any part of the Constitution ... So bottom line on the subject of gun control or gun bans ... IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ... The SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States in recent times clarified that U.S. individual citizens have a Constitutional Right to own a gun. Strict gun laws in Washington D.C. and Chicago have been struck down. Any attempt to ram through more strict gun control will only result in lengthy court cases - which will likely result in the new gun control laws being struck down - based on previous case law... So - I suggest gun control advocates where ever they are - take a deep breath and get over it ... There will be a lot of chest pounding in the coming months - but net net over the coming one - two - three years - nothing will change - we in the USA will keep our guns... I suggest concentrate on making it easier to commit and confine pyschotic - unstable disturbed people and put trained armed guards in schools.

Sadly you are probably right, and as night follows day, we will have another school or similar massacre in a few months time. If that's what the majority of US citizens want for their country, the odd massacre for the assumed right to own limitless weaponry, that's their choice...

Excellent piece on this below:

http://www.economist...ewtown-massacre

As the next massacre is virtually inevitable do we just give up mourning the next set of victims as it obvious nothing will ever be done to actually address the key issues that enable such mass murders to occur? Truly sad and a tragic set of circumstances.

What do I see on the News, New York fireman are gunned down attending to a house fire. After 9/11 the status of these civil servants reached an unprecidented high.Looking at the news report it looks like an affluent neighbourhood,and the dead gunman a Bum with a record. How does a Bum with a record get a firearm. Targeting NYC fireman,thats an all time low.

I was hoping to see it as a news item on here.

What do I see on the News, New York fireman are gunned down attending to a house fire. After 9/11 the status of these civil servants reached an unprecidented high.Looking at the news report it looks like an affluent neighbourhood,and the dead gunman a Bum with a record. How does a Bum with a record get a firearm. Targeting NYC fireman,thats an all time low.

I was hoping to see it as a news item on here.

You can go the not so easy (my opinion only) and steal a firearm yourself. Or you can go the easy way and buy a stolen firearm.

When I lived in California, if I did not want to go through California Department of Justice mandated two week waiting period, before I could take possession of a "legally purchased firearm" I could have bought a stolen pistol, rifle or shotgun.

Being a person that did not want to violate criminal laws and take the chance of going to jail or prison, I waited two weeks!

Waiting period for any illegally purchased, stolen, firearm was, "Wait here, I will be back in 15 minutes"! My response would be, OK, I will give you $100.00 now and $100.00 when you come back. The same "legally purchased firearm" would have a two week waiting period and cost 2-300 dollars more!

So, I would say, that is how a "Bum with a record" can get a firearm. That way or by way of a "Strawman" purchase which is a legally purchased firearm which is then illegally sold to a known felon, thus violating federal gun laws and most likely violating state laws.

Edited by radiochaser