Border Crossing To Cambodia/laos

Big Gary

My wife and I are heading back to Koh Chang shortly and have been discussing going to Cambodia/Laos to have a look around. Does anyone know where the border crossings are close to Trat. I can find out when we go back but thought I would ask the Forum if anyone knows where it/they are.

The Closest Cambodian border point near Koh Chang is Hat Lek !

It's around 90 Km from Trat and will take you to the Cambodian Border town Koh Kong, from there you can take a direct bus either to Sihanoukville or Phnom Phen

http://goo.gl/maps/qPbO4

Thanks for that. Can a Visa be obtained at the Border on arrival?

Cambodian Visa's are available at around 1200 THB for 30 Days.

Don't forget to bring some passport photos for the Cambodian application form if you don't have them to try to charge you extra.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there VISA runs from Koh Chang to Hat Lek? how long is it and about how much? Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have no idea if there are visa run companies (maybe you can ask any Travel Agent, I bet they can arrange something)

But you easily can do it yourself, just head yourself to the Trat Bus Station (early morning), and get a Mini Bus from there to the border. (1-1.5 hr Trip)

Stamp out of Thailand, enter Cambodia (pay for Visa and maybe something extra because you are not staying) exit Cambodia, and enter back into Thailand.

PS: When you do this, don't forget to bring some extra Passport Photos and copies of Passport Face Page (just in case)