Finding Condo/apt/house Rentals

sbathon

Does anyone know of a good agent in Chiang Mai who could help us find a condo/apt/house rental for a year? We're looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom. Last year someone posted the name of an agent they highly recommmended. Anyone have that name and number? Or know of a place that's available?

If you go through an agent you will pay more. get out and about and look for "For Rent Signs" You could end up paying as little as 2,500 Baht or as much as 10,000, dont pay more.

Prices will obviously depend on where you want to live, City more expensive obviously, 15-20 mins outside town and they drop like a stone

On my Moo bann (15 mins outside town)there is a 3 bed 4 bathroom house available for around 10,000 (I'm not sure just guessing) but you see "For Rent" signs everywhere, but sometimes they are in Thai. No matter, if there is a sign outside its either for sale or rent. .. TIP, if you are with in a relationship with a Thai let her/him do the talking, for a one year lease you can normally beat them down a bit, but if they see a Farang then the Baht signs sometimes start flashing before their eyes!!!

Chock Dee

there is a plethora of choice here

Here are a couple of agents. It's been a few years since I've had dealings with them, but they both provided good service...

Better Homes 262588

199/217 Suannontri Village,

Chiang Mai-Maejo Rd.,

A. San Sai,

Chiang Mai 50210 Fax: 854144

[email protected]

Chiang mai Habitat 217769

2/5 Sukkasem Rd.,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50200 Fax: 215606

[email protected]

Re: Ajarn's latest post

It appears things change over time. Chiang Mai Habitat have moved their office and changed their e-mail address as well:

Chiang Mai Habitat

14 Suthep Rd., Soi Wing 41 (Soi 6),

A.Muang Chiang Mai 50200

[email protected]

Only one more problem: I've mailed them at the new address as well, no answer yet (only two days so still hoping :o )