How Much For New Cbr 500R, Cb500F ?

sup3r1or

Thank you,

Iam thinking about getting CBR 500R, need to travel to see my wife and kid. However Iam looking for the price list and down payment is so small why is that? 124k for 250r I was at the show and the deposit had to be 50k but for this bike its only 20k doesn't make any sense.

Are the prices still the same? It was taken off the SPECIAL price for motor expo

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday, 24 Dec 2012; Due to a new change in taxes, which is being debated in many posts and websites, the following prices are being quoted by Honda Big Wing Chiang Mai.

CB500F 205,000 Down Payment 48,000

CB500R 210,000 50,000

CB500X 215,000 52,000

Please don't ask me "why" on any of this. I am just copying from the price list they gave me.

Edited by silverhawk_usa

As of yesterday, 24 Dec 2012; Due to a new change in taxes, which is being debated in many posts and websites, the following prices are being quoted by Honda Big Wing Chiang Mai.

CB500R 210,000 50,000

CB500X 215,000 52,000

Please don't ask me "why" on any of this. I am just copying from the price list they gave me.

I can confirm this. I was in Big Wing Chiang Mai today to order a CB500F. I don't know about downpayments for financing but to reserve my bike I had to put down only a 3,000 Baht deposit.

CB500R 210,000 50,000

CB500X 215,000 52,000

I can confirm this. I was in Big Wing Chiang Mai today to order a CB500F. I don't know about downpayments for financing but to reserve my bike I had to put down only a 3,000 Baht deposit.

Jesus Christ, 50k? <deleted>? THe bike only gone up by 6k only and they whack extra 20k for deposit. Sht now I have to wait 2 more months to get extra money, really pisses me off!!!!!Seriously 20k more for the deposit? Is there a long queue to get CBR 500R?

CB500R 210,000 50,000

CB500X 215,000 52,000

Jesus Christ, 50k? <deleted>? THe bike only gone up by 6k only and they whack extra 20k for deposit. Sht now I have to wait 2 more months to get extra money, really pisses me off!!!!!Seriously 20k more for the deposit? Is there a long queue to get CBR 500R?

There may be misunderstanding in the difference between the terminology "down payment" and "deposit". The deposit is to place the order for the bike. They were accepting as little as 3,000 baht for that. The "down payment" is the minimum amount necessary up front if you are going to finance the balance for the bike. Not sure which you are referring to.

It appears there is quite a queue for all the models right now. But check with them to confirm. I asked in particular about how many orders had been placed for the CB500X and was told "Oh, so many", I was also told they will start production of the R in January and X in February.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know for sure the HP on these bikes, Europe is getting 46.9 because of A2 licencing rules, but the US is getting 54.5hp, it seems everywhere I read, sites are assuming it's 46.9hp, but looking at past history with Kawasaki, the Thai market usually gets the US spec, ie. Ninja650r not ER6F, and why would Honda roll out the restricted engine when there is no restrictions in place?

Looking for positive answers rather IMOs or guesswork biggrin.png

Does anybody know for sure the HP on these bikes, Europe is getting 46.9 because of A2 licencing rules, but the US is getting 54.5hp, it seems everywhere I read, sites are assuming it's 46.9hp, but looking at past history with Kawasaki, the Thai market usually gets the US spec, ie. Ninja650r not ER6F, and why would Honda roll out the restricted engine when there is no restrictions in place?

Tyga has has dyno tested the CBR 500

post-140969-13614379070968_thumb.jpg

Why worry about what the US or Europe reports. If your buying the bike here this is what you get. And if you add an exhaust you get an extra hp.

post-140969-13614380341205_thumb.jpg

How do you know about us getting a 54 hp version? I never heard that.

It is 47 hp for thailand.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1361437884.380942.jpg

Why worry about what the US or Europe reports. If your buying the bike here this is what you get. And if you add an exhaust you get an extra hp.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1361438011.344905.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1361437884.380942.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1361438011.344905.jpg

I'm not worried what US or Europe get, I know what they are getting, I'd just like to know which one Thailand is gettinc, coz that's where I'd be buying, I know it ain't getting different figure again, so it's either or, thought that was clear in my original post, and those dyno runs were done way back b4 the Thai model was introduced, so it doesn't tell you anything, were they testing a Euro model or a US model, but thanks 4 ur input mate

How do you know about us getting a 54 hp version? I never heard that.

It is 47 hp for thailand.

Mmm, you may have hit the nail on the head mate, here are 2 reports, but there were a lot more, so something tells me sites were getting their facts wrong:

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2013-honda-cbr500r-priced-5999-usa/

http://bikeadvice.in/honda-cbr500r-breaks-cover/

You'll note both these reports were written in November, and neither are able to quote the precise CC of 471, so BS reporting me thinks.

So moving on, that claimed figure of 27km/l is amazing, surely it's not combined (which it has to be under EU legislation these days - I knwo we're not in the EU, but would make life simpler) so assume it's Extra Urban, Highway, etc, still amazing, would love to hear from you gguys over the next few weeks with some real figurs. My Ninja 650r is lucky to get 15km/l but I do scream it (150kph is my average cruise on highway), but I'm lucky to get 210km b4 the light is on, these figures could see me getting 300-350 even with a heavy hand, very interesting, as my typical drive out is 400-800kms