Animal Activists Seek Action Against Sattahip Dog Killer

Lite Beer

Animal activists seek action against Sattahip dog killer

The Nation on Sunday

CHON BURI: -- Animal rights advocates rallied outside a house in Sattahip in Chon Buri yesterday afternoon belonging to a German who stabbed a two-year-old Golden Retriever to death last month after the dog attacked his Rottweiler. The man has sought Bt300,000 in compensation from owners of the retriever for being bitten by the dog he killed.

Police had summoned Alfred Gatt, 65, and the retriever's owners, Petty Officer First Class Kampol Nuansilpa and wife Wilawan, after the incident. They charged Gatt with causing others a loss of property. The case was heard at Pattaya Court, which is expected to deliver a ruling on Tuesday.

Gatt later sent a lawyer to sue the couple for Bt300,000 compensation for injuries - from dog bites to his arm and leg.

Yesterday, police guarded the area while Gatt and his wife stayed in the house. Some 20 people from a group led by Pavena Weeratham, 31 - "A Call for Animal Rights Thailand" - condemned Gatt for killing the retriever, called for him to go back to Germany and to get his mental health checked.

They protesters said it was unfair for Gatt to seek such a large sum of compensation after brutally killing the dog. Before the rally ended, they vowed that, if the case against Gatt did not progress, they would rally outside the German Embassy for justice for the slain dog and its owners. They also urged the Thai government to pass an animal protection law to punish animal abusers.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-16

• Like 2

I would not hesitate to kill any dog who attacked me or threatened me.

These animal do good-ers (most likely family of the person most likely to have to cough up 300k) have gone tropo and off this planet.

In a civilized country, the dog would have been put down (killed) by Government authorities.

These people are outrageous. The lesson learnt here is that after you get bitten, in Thailand it is easier to smile and then poison them.

Yet another misinformed poster? Dog never attacked him but his dog. Read the full story before posting your hateful rubbish

if a dog attacks one of my dogs in my presence it's like attacking me. and if my dog is hurt the attacking dog has it coming!

Yep I am aware how you really love dogs , a true dog lover

These animal do good-ers (most likely family of the person most likely to have to cough up 300k) have gone tropo and off this planet.

In a civilized country, the dog would have been put down (killed) by Government authorities.

These people are outrageous. The lesson learnt here is that after you get bitten, in Thailand it is easier to smile and then poison them.

Yet another misinformed poster? Dog never attacked him but his dog. Read the full story before posting your hateful rubbish

So is he sueing because his own dog bit him ot what?

• Like 1

Did you read the op?

Gatt later sent a lawyer to sue the couple for Bt300,000 compensation for injuries - from dog bites to his arm and leg.
  • Like 1

Another new report claims the German has already been fined 1,000 baht, max under Thai law, excepting 3 month prison sentence. In my Moo Baan a foreigners dog attacked a Thai owners dog. They called the police and wanted 100k baht compensation. Police just laughed and walked away.

German guy is "brave" to take out a civil compensation claim for 300k baht from a officer in the Thai armed forces.

• Like 1

Don't know enough facts here. Why were these dogs on the loose and able to get at each other. Quick fact checks on the breed find that both are friendly and not aggressive to humans or other dogs. Something happened that was not reported here. Dogs in Thailand are generally a nuisance. Especially loose dogs, they are unhealthy, dangerous and problematical.

So is he sueing because his own dog bit him ot what?

you need to ask him why he is suing and how he arrived at 300Kblink.png

Which took place when he returned to kill the dogthumbsup.gif

Did you read the op?

did you? he received the bites when he went to kill the dog

Gf showed me this posted on a Thai website, giving the Germans address and a map how to get there. Lucky there was only 20 turned up, could have got nasty. Surely illegal to give out his personal details, and try to stir up a mob in this manner?

Gf showed me this posted on a Thai website, giving the Germans address and a map how to get there. Lucky there was only 20 turned up, could have got nasty. Surely illegal to give out his personal details, and try to stir up a mob in this manner?

It is easy to get a mob to go anywhere. Look at the red shirt mobs in Bangkok.

Very strange story, probably not getting the whole story here. Seems odd a golden retriever would attack a rottweiler and that it would be severe enough to require stabbing the golden retriever to death to stop the attack. According to another paper the German guy stabbed the golden retriever 17 times.

But anyway back to subject. The breed of the dogs makes no sense. A golden retrieved is a very even tempered dog, and is popular as a dog to have with a child. A Rottweiler is a powerful dog commonly used by the police. Either this guy really is nuts, or the reporter got his dogs mixed up. Or maybe the guy is embarrassed his bad ass dog got walloped on by a child's dog. I suspect his day in court is not going to go well.rolleyes.gif

The reporter got the breed of the dead dog right. There are pictures of the bloody corpse of the golden retriever in another paper. Not a big dog. Haven't found a picture of the rottweiler yet. Possibly it was a puppy? If it was full grown the dead golden would be no match.

These animal rights activities need to visit the sticks more often.

Hahaha yeah I was thinking the exact same thing...... They need to head out to Sakon Nakhon, where they could save lots of dogs..

Oh wait those are Thai people doing the killing so no problem....wai2.gif

But anyway back to subject. The breed of the dogs makes no sense. A golden retrieved is a very even tempered dog, and is popular as a dog to have with a child. A Rottweiler is a powerful dog commonly used by the police. Either this guy really is nuts, or the reporter got his dogs mixed up. Or maybe the guy is embarrassed his bad ass dog got walloped on by a child's dog. I suspect his day in court is not going to go well.rolleyes.gif

A guy down the road has just poisoned a bitch. It's crime was to snap at him as he passed by where she was nursing 3 day old pups.

• Like 1

These animal rights activities need to visit the sticks more often.

Hahaha yeah I was thinking the exact same thing...... They need to head out to Sakon Nakhon, where they could save lots of dogs..

Oh wait those are Thai people doing the killing so no problem....wai2.gif

A guy down the road has just poisoned a bitch. It's crime was to snap at him as he passed by where she was nursing 3 day old pups.

well aint he the hero nowrolleyes.gif