Myanmar Business Visa Form - Download For Bangkok Embassy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok just researching my next one year MJEV.

Nothing seems to have changed with regards to forms etc according to http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/

But of use to some will be the online applications for a single entry business evisa or single entry tourist evisa.

http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/index.aspx

It should be noted that these evisas can only be used for entry via Yangon, Mandalay and Naypyidaw Airports. So arent good for overland entry.

I will update more after I have applied in Bkk for my MJEV Business visa.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have just completed my annual application for one year Business MJEV. There is a small change in procedure at the Embassy in Bangkok.

They have installed a ticket machine and you press a button and take a ticket for 3 different types. Tourist visa, Business Visa, Thai national tourist visas. So as you enter the room immediately on your left is a machine to get a ticket from.

Then you wait to be called by a machine to your window 1, 2 , or 3. Then they accept the application at the appropriate window and you pay and they give you a receipt and time to come back and pick up the visa.

They are also issuing visas with your picture printed on them again. Oh and this year they did not make a mistake on mines validity date or type and so no corrections needed. So thats the update. Hope it helps.

I wanted to report that following the issuance of several 3-month and three successive 6-month business visas I was finally granted my first one year multiple entry business visa. It took quite a while to gain the embassy's trust but finally they came through. Cost was THB 10,340.

• 3 months later...

Does the single entry business visa cost the same as a tourist visa in Bangkok or Chiang Mai?

I have an invitation letter in English and a company registration in Burmese and would like to apply for express service at the embassy in Bangkok, where I've previously applied for many tourist visas. Alternatively, I could apply in Chiang Mai where I'll be passing through in a few days but have so far not heard of anyone applying there.

Does the single entry business visa cost the same as a tourist visa in Bangkok or Chiang Mai?

I have an invitation letter in English and a company registration in Burmese and would like to apply for express service at the embassy in Bangkok, where I've previously applied for many tourist visas. Alternatively, I could apply in Chiang Mai where I'll be passing through in a few days but have so far not heard of anyone applying there.

Just saw on the Chiang Mai consulate Facebook page that it's 1440 Baht for a single entry business visa, however, there is no indication as to whether it costs more for express processing? I'm assuming Bangkok charges the same?

• 3 months later...

Just to add a little update. Just did a business visa for a friend. He tried for MJEV but because he had not done one before they issued him with a single entry business visa.

I think he said they said they will give a single entry, then a 3 month multiple, then a 6 month, then a 1 year. That is of March 2016

• 4 months later...

Just to add a little update. Just did a business visa for a friend. He tried for MJEV but because he had not done one before they issued him with a single entry business visa.

I think he said they said they will give a single entry, then a 3 month multiple, then a 6 month, then a 1 year. That is of March 2016

What are the current prices of the different kinds of visas?

Do they still look for a minimum of 3 single-entry Business Visas before issuing a multiple entry visa? I have 2.

Are multiple entry visas available on arrival? I assume not, but it's worth to check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok here is this year update from Sept 12 2016.

Process is pretty much the same and requirements as above: Myanmar Embassy Website has a detailed visa information document which should answer all your question and gives all the price too except  the express fees..  http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Announcement-Revised.pdf

The express Fee for a one year multiple entry is 1050 baht only.

So the whole visa costs 11050.

I was in an out within an hour, back in the afternoon at 3.30 to pick up which took about 15 minutes. They have a person within the application room whom will take a passport photo for you or photocopy your passport or give you the application form if required on the spot. She is very helpful.

• 6 months later...

Ok just to update this thread which has been going many years now. As of 1st Dec 2016 the visa costs and visa conditions have changed. Costs have more than doubled.

A one year MJEV is now 24000 baht! But you dont need to leave every 70 days and you will be given a year on entry.

There is a 3, 6 and 12 month like this. 

http://www.myanmarembassybkk.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/visa.pdf

Same conditions also apply to social visit visa now except they are cheaper. Probably will move to that visa next time as I am married. Only 18000 baht!

If you dont need the Multiple entry is is cheaper to spend a year on single entry business visas at 2000 baht per time.

So thats an update. Application process is the same for Business visa though.

• 5 months later...
Just now, hyperdimension said:

Does Business Visa On Arrival at Yangon Airport still cost 50 USD? I'd rather get that if so, than spend 70 USD for the business eVisa.

The Bangkok Myanmar Embassy's fees have also become unattractive (rising from 1440 THB to 2000 THB).

Yes, still USD$50 on arrival

I have switched back to this rather than the eVisa, and exactly for the reason you just stated of the December 2016 massive increase in visa fees from the embassy in Bangkok (multiple entry 12 mth Business visa is up to 26,000 baht now)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I can confirm that the Burmese Chancery has moved around the corner to a new building.  It is not 132 anymore, but 110 one block further away from the BTS. This started from 4th of September 2017.

I have been going to the old address which has modified many times since 1980.

http://www.globalnewlightofmyanmar.com/grand-opening-ceremony-of-the-new-chancery-of-myanmar-embassy-was-held-in-bangkok/

• 1 year later...

I believe I have one of these visas, which expires at the end of this year.  However, I'm about to leave my current job. 

Will there be any problem staying here on this visa, even though I'm no longer working for the employer who sponsored me for the visa?  I plan to do a few different things before the visa expires, including a bit of teaching and writing.

Archived