Party For 4000 Auto Workers Turns Into Violent Fight: Thailand

Rimmer

Party for 4000 auto workers turns into violent fight

Auto Workers Party turns nasty

SRIRACHA: -- Reports are emerging from Sri Ratcha, just north of Pattaya, of a massive fight at a party, held for 4000 employees of the Ford and Mazda engineering project on Friday evening.

The party, organised by Auto Alliance, the joint venture between Ford and Mazda, saw over 4000 staff enjoy an evening of celebration which was abruptly ended as a fight broke out near the stage during a Prize giveaway.

Starting as a small altercation it quickly spread to include more and more people and in the ensuing battle explosions and gunshots are reported to have been heard as the thousands of people rushed to the exits.

Many were crushed in the disorganised escape from the scene and, as crockery and cutlery along with glasses and bottles were thrown, more than 30 people, including 10 women, were injured badly enough to need hospitalisation.

Off duty Emergency medical staff were called in to deal with the injured including one person who is said to have had stomach injuries caused by a home made grenade

Full story:http://www.pattaya10...fight-thailand/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-12-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Brawl Erupts at Sriracha Ford-Mazda Party

A violent brawl broke out among 4,000 employees of Ford-Mazda enjoying a New Year’s party in Sriracha. More than 30 people were injured. Witnesses reported gunshots and a hand grenade being exploding during a mass stampede to escape the bottle-throwing melee.

SRIRACHA – December 15, 2012, a report of a late-night disturbance at thte Sapver Restaurant in Tambon Borwin in Sriracha was received by the police of Borwin police station.

A mass fight had broken out at the New Year’s party of Auto Alliance (Thailand) Co., Ltd., the manufacturing joint venture between Ford and Mazda. More than 4,000 employees were at the party held in a large rented facility.

The fighting reportedly began after the entertainment portion of the evening had finished, and a lucky number drawing began. Several people began arguing near the front of the stage, and then they began fighting.

Witnesses could not initially identify which department or employees started the initial fight. The fighting quickly escalated to the throwing of glasses and bottles. This caused a mass stampede of frightened employees running for the exits.

Some were injured after being hit by flying glass, and others were hurt in the stampede. Witnesses also reported hearing gunshots, and even a sound of a bomb exploding. An unconfirmed report said it was a homemade hand grenade.

There were only 10 police officers from the Borwin police station assigned to the party. But the outnumbered officers could not enter the rented hall to stop the fighting because of the huge size of the crowd in chaos. So they waited outside to assist the people escaping from the facility.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...rd-mazda-party/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-12-17

footer_n.gif

Big Brawl Erupts at Sriracha Ford-Mazda Party

A violent brawl broke out among 4,000 employees of Ford-Mazda enjoying a New Year’s party in Sriracha.

SRIRACHA – December 15, 2012, a report of a late-night disturbance at the Saver Restaurant in Tambon Borwin in Sriracha was received by the police of Borwin police station.,,,

Musta been a big restaurant...

Our assembly line's better than yours.

No it isn't.

Yes it is

No it isn't

The Ford Ranger is a much better looking truck than the Mazda. Anyone who thinks otherwise, step outside.......angry.png

Our assembly line's better than yours.

No it isn't.

Yes it is

No it isn't

The Ford Ranger is a much better looking truck than the Mazda. Anyone who thinks otherwise, step outside.......angry.png

Why need to step Outside ? Sort it out 'ere Mate ......I'll show you how my grenade works !!!!!

• Like 2

I took my harp to a party,

And nobody asked me to play,

The others were jolly and hearty

But I wasn't feeling OK,

They might have said play us a tune we could sing,

But somehow I don't think they noticed the thing,

I took my harp to a party,

And nobody asked me to play,

So, I took the darn thing a way.

I'm obviously lacking in Thainess. Next time I'll take a MP5.

• Like 2

Amazing Thailand - indeed!

Unseen Thailand - for sure!

When are these people going to: a. behave like civilised human beings instead of opting for mass brawls/riots/demos when they cant get their way?

b. realize that the internet is going to stay and just because they dont report it in the English speaking papers, doesnt mean it

doesnt mean it wont reach the rest of the world.

Who the hell goes to a party tooled up with home made grenades and guns if they had no intention to start trouble??

Why should it be reported in English and reach the rest of the world. Do they report brawls in the USA in the Thai press? No. A brawl at a party in Thailand isn't newsworthy in other countries. Not sure why you're so interested in wanting the whole world to know about some party punch-up. Happens every single weekend in the UK, but rarely reported even in the locality it happens in.

Agreed a night club scuffle happens every week in UK.

This was 4000 people party ie a mass brawl, guns and grenades were used and the party was organised by honda. This WOULD make the news if it happened in UK.

• Like 1

I think this puts a nail in the coffin of the illusion of the value of having a cool heart in Thailand........ Guess the jai yen yen routine is just crap given to the tourists to make them passive. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Guns and grenades at a company party ?? Too funny for words.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1