Thai Lottery

infinity11

The Thai lottery system has taken a idea/system and added some of their own creative ways of getting the tickets as well as cost of same, into the hands of the public. Transparency of drawing, ticket allotment, payouts, etc have been questioned many times over the past decades.with few changes/improvement attempted nor made.

The Thai lottery system has taken a idea/system and added some of their own creative ways of getting the tickets as well as cost of same, into the hands of the public. Transparency of drawing, ticket allotment, payouts, etc have been questioned many times over the past decades.with few changes/improvement attempted nor made.y I

That's why I buy my Lottery at the local salon.

We won 2500 Baht today yippee

The Thai lottery system has taken a idea/system and added some of their own creative ways of getting the tickets as well as cost of same, into the hands of the public. Transparency of drawing, ticket allotment, payouts, etc have been questioned many times over the past decades.with few changes/improvement attempted nor made.y I

That's why I buy my Lottery at the local salon.

We won 2500 Baht today yippee

For all you have won you need to tell us how much you have played.

You spent 4000 and won 2500?

Alos a Thai informs me that if you do win this way they may dissapear forever especially in regards to large amounts.

Edited by infinity11

I don't buy lottery tickets. They are a tax on the poor and stupid. But, from what I've seen, Asians like to gamble and too often with their lives and the lives of their passengers.

In the last couple of years my ex-poor and not so stupid eldest Brother-In-Law and eldest Sister-In-Law have won a combined 50,800,000 Baht.

Tax was 1%, My B-I-Law (for instance) bought two tickets, One of them won the "Jackpot" of 30,000,000 Baht plus 4,000,000 Baht normal prize money. The other ticket was one of the Charity tickets, these are normally sold "Bundled" with normal tickets. That paid out 6,000,000 Baht.

As to Gambling and Driving generalities, I expect Samran will probably have some input here!

I don't buy lottery tickets. They are a tax on the poor and stupid. But, from what I've seen, Asians like to gamble and too often with their lives and the lives of their passengers.

The smart Asians (the same for other cultures) are the house.

:)

The American PowerBall lottery is too juicy to pass up once it gets into the range of $200-500 million.... I think the odds of winning are about 200m to 1 and you'll pay taxes of around 40%. That is sports team owner and Victoria Secrets Model GF money!

Edited by farang000999

Full Farang Friendly tips for playing lotto in Thailand http://www.gogoflori...ry-in-thailand/

A comphrehensive guide but fails to mention that the two top prizes which are 30,000,000 Baht plus the normal prize of 4,000,000 Baht.

The second Prize is 20.000,000 Baht plus normal 4,000,000 Baht (2,000,000 Baht for each half ticket)

These two Jackpot prizes can be won if the individual half ticket number (two digit number found to the left of your six digit number) matches the numbers drawn at the end of the lottery.

I am not an expert on the lottery, these are just observations from personal experience.

6 of us play at work, only 50 baht each, so 3 tickets. Over 6 or 7 years we've won 3 times but only on the last 2 or 3 numbers.

Last month was a friend's birthday, she was born on the 14th and was 43, so for Nov 16th I bought 43. Nothing but on Dec 1st the last 2 numbers of the winning number was 43, as was the last 2 numbers draw.

I lamented if only she could have stayed in the womb until the 17th, I would have bought 43 for Dec 1st.

That's the story of the lottery- if only!

But if you're only betting 50 or 100 baht it's not serious and there's always hope, however slim that is.

From what i can gather the article is way way off.

It says the national lottery and shows pics of those tickets but the winning scheme it describes is that of the underground lottery.

Please correct me if I am wrong and maybe point me in the right direction.

P.S .Why doesn't spell check work on Thai Visa?

Edited by infinity11