Rent A Bike In Krabi

Fruchtun

Hello friend. First that i say : Excuse me for my English. I from Russia. And in early January i vizit krabi for 14 days.

I live in Ao nang Sun bungalo.

Can you tell me where is good place to rean a bike?

And whether there is insurance if stolen bike?

I read many cases where stole the bike and tourist pay 50 000 BAT!

And that can be done that would not have stolen the bike?

And secon question:i need to rent a house for 14 days. Can you tell me adress of phone local agent?

Thanks. Form Russia with Love.

P.S. i will take ak-47 and would fend off the local mafia ))))))))

Edited by Fruchtun

Your bungalows will help you out with anything you need and may even have bikes for rent. The security at the bungalows will be good and when you are out and about use the steering lock and the chain lock that should be supplied with the bike. I've been visiting/living in Ao Nang since '94 and never had any trouble. Check the tyre pressures on your bike as the Thais just pump them up rock hard, which is almost as dangerous as soft. Be careful on the roads as the Thais are not good drivers as few of them have ever taken any lessons or a test or even have a licence and don't forget they drive on the left and larger vehicles will not give way to you. There will be no insurance on the bike and your travel insurance will not cover you for a bike accident in Thailand. Have a good look around, it's a very beautiful area, you should be able to get a map from your bungalow.

Enjoy!

Best and cheapest motorbike rental in Ao Nang is the large one located in south Ao Nang, where the beach road turns 90 degrees to the left about 100 meters up the hill on the left hand side. The motorbike rental on the beach Road itself (Noi) has become too expensive these days. No insurance for rental motorbikes available anywhere in Thailand, so lock the bike properly and park in a safe place. You pay any costs for repair and THB 50.000 only if the bike is stolen and not found. The Krabi area is beautiful and quite safe to drive around.

If you rent a bike in the rental shop, they will ask you to keep your original passport. Try to negotiate this to be a drivers license or a copy of the passport instead, or rent via the resort where they already have a copy of your credit card and passport.

Many of the small tour agencies in Ao Nang have houses for rent as well. Just take a look around after you have arrived.