Indian Food Reccomendation....

properperson

You obviously haven't had a good look at the cost of property rental, wages, etc, here, or you wouldn't make such an example.

Also, we were discussing a specific type of meal, not a typical British or other European meal as you mention, so please when trying to justify your earlier comment try to keep the focus on the subject.

Maybe it's news to you but Chicken Tikka Masala is widely accepted as having been invented in the UK and the ingredients are amongst the cheapest it is possible to have. It is also a highly typical British meal, in that it is regularly eaten in Britain by British people.

As for your comments about wages, rentals and other costs, you must be talking about some other Pattaya that is not in Thailand.

Jt, I think you misunderstood. No one wad saying that frozen prepared food was being brought in makro to be served in local restaurants. I believe we are talking about raw ingredients being bought from makro which is akin to Costco back home.

Actually I was talking about both ingredients and "finished products". Makro has a wide selection of catering packs of frozen dim sum and other similar prepared foods that are often seen in restaurants here, usually for starters. Also lots of frozen chips and vegetables and meat etc. They dont have the huge range of catering packs of 100% prepared main meals that it is common to find in Europe and elsewhere though.

It would be quite possible for a restaurant to do all its shopping at Makro and still cook all its own food from scratch, and I'm sure that some do, though I suspect that most do a mixture of home-prepared (or home-finished) and frozen.

I understand they are different things. I really hate the idea of going to a restaurant and buying a finished dish that isn't a product of the restaurant, unless they say it clearly (which usually they won't for obvious reasons). Sure there are exceptions where it makes sense, such as desserts and even English pies, but I'd like to know.

Sometimes it can be surprising the superficial high level of restaurants that use bought in finished dishes.

Edited by Jingthing

Again, I know for a fact a number of restaurants all over the world, perhaps more so in Pattaya, buy in their main dishes, ready-made. I wish menus were forced to tell you that, everywhere.

Honestly I am ignorant to this. I have seen desserts pre made and frozen but never thought that was going on with main dishes. Now I will be on the look out for this.

Thanks.

Again, I know for a fact a number of restaurants all over the world, perhaps more so in Pattaya, buy in their main dishes, ready-made. I wish menus were forced to tell you that, everywhere.

Honestly I am ignorant to this. I have seen desserts pre made and frozen but never thought that was going on with main dishes. Now I will be on the look out for this.

Thanks.

It's an entire global food industry. Order Duck L'orange and it may have come out of one of those space food pouches.

Cheap Charlies is owned by a man from Pakistan, it is a mixture of Indian, Russian, European and Thai foods all cooked to order, moderate in price and decor but a Frugal Freddy participating restaurant that if you show your membership card (PEC or PCEC) you will get a 20% discount off of food and drink.

• Like 1

Cheap Charlies is owned by a man from Pakistan, it is a mixture of Indian, Russian, European and Thai foods all cooked to order, moderate in price and decor but a Frugal Freddy participating restaurant that if you show your membership card (PEC or PCEC) you will get a 20% discount off of food and drink.

I know this may sound perverse but finally an Indian Restaurant run by a Pakistani, I will certainly add it to my list of places to try.

• Like 1