Sending Furniture Home

My mother and father would quite like some of the wooden tables and chairs etc that you can buy out here. I sent them some nice photos from one of those OTOP fairs.

I presume I can rent part of a container or a pallet on a ship to send them back on (the furniture not my mother and father)

Is there any particular paper work for shipping wooden items back to the UK? Do they have to be sprayed with bug spray or anything similar?

Any help is appreciated, I don't know where to start.

Edited by mraitchison

Many of the teak furniture manufacturers in Thailand offer shipping to anywhere in the world. I would want to use one of those companies rather than trying to work out all the details myself.

My mother and father would quite like some of the wooden tables and chairs etc that you can buy out here. I sent them some nice photos from one of those OTOP fairs.

I presume I can rent part of a container or a pallet on a ship to send them back on (the furniture not my mother and father)

Is there any particular paper work for shipping wooden items back to the UK? Do they have to be sprayed with bug spray or anything similar?

Any help is appreciated, I don't know where to start.

• 9 months later...