Abhisit, Suthep Could Face 700 Charges Of Attempted Murder: Tarit

webfact

I think that it is the best news I have read in a long while. Heads of state should be held accountable for their acts. If this was done more often then there would be far fewer dead people in the world. The protests in Bangkok were peaceful, there was no danger, except from the military. As for the military in Thailand, Australia or anywhere else involving itself in civil affairs—this should never be done. The military are responsible for carrying out the actions of the psychotics who run the world.

If anyone is interested in reading a book on this subject, Geoff Robertson "

Peaceful Pom Toot

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POLITICS

DSI to meet Wednesday to expedite cases against Abhisit

The Nation

30196377-01_big.jpg

File photo : Tharit

BANGKOK: -- The Department of Special Investigation chief will on Wednesday hold a meeting of DSI and police investigators to speed up over 700 murder attempt cases against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban.

DSI Director General Tarit Pengdith said he would hold the meeting at 9 am to tell DSI and police investigators to speed up checking documents in the cases of the people being shot and injured in April and May 2010.

Tarit said the investigators would later review the cases with public prosecutors before raising murder attempt charges against Abhisit and Suthep.

Tarit said the investigators have been told to separate the cases of 1,500 injured people into cases of people with severe injuries and minor injuries. Abhisit and Suthep would be charged with murder attempt charges in the cases of severe injuries and they would face physical assault charges for the remaining cases.

A well-informed DSI source said there were about 700 severely injured people in 2010 political violence so Abhist and Suthep would face up to 700 cases of murder attempts.

The source said Tarit ordered investigators to divide the cases of injuries into four groups based on dates and locations. The first group involved people injured at the Kokwua Intersection on April 10 2010. The second, third and fourth groups involved people injured on May 13 to 19 2010 at Rajprasong, Bon Kai, Din Daeng and Phayathai.

Tarit said the DSI might wait until the next parliamentary session expires on April 19 2013 before charging Abhisit and Suthep in the murder attempt cases.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-18

Tharit and the police.

2 supposedly fair and neutral arms of the law.

Against one man and his former deputy.

For one man - a fugitive criminal.

A shocking state of affairs

• Like 1

As I see it Abhisit comes across as a very nice guy and this attribute the military used to their advantage. I predicted something like this would come back down the track to haunt him. How he let it go on for so long is beyond me, I'm retired now but I was a very staunch unionist and as radical as we were we soon learn't to get our message across in a few days knowing that we would be dispersed or suffer the consequences, Did Abhisit actually give the orders or did some lame brain soldier decided he need some target practice and then the shit fight ensued. I've told my wife several times to keep away from rallys if you don't and get arrested or inured then don't expect me to back you up because you're a <deleted>. She's from Isaarn and she gave me that dumb look but never responded that's the power the big man from Dubai has over them.

I think that it is the best news I have read in a long while. Heads of state should be held accountable for their acts. If this was done more often then there would be far fewer dead people in the world. The protests in Bangkok were peaceful, there was no danger, except from the military. As for the military in Thailand, Australia or anywhere else involving itself in civil affairs—this should never be done. The military are responsible for carrying out the actions of the psychotics who run the world.

If anyone is interested in reading a book on this subject, Geoff Robertson "

The Tyrannicide Brief: The Story of the Man Who Sent Charles I to the Scaffold"

Peaceful Pom Toot

post-9891-0-43706100-1355834827.gifermm.gif

• Like 1

Is anyone aware of Mr Abhisit uttering the words" These charges are politically motivated" ?

The sly guy from Dubai seemed to get a lot of attention when he spoke those words.

No, He'd never lower himself to Thaksins level, oh, hang on

(UPI.com)

"I will not run away," Abhisit was quoted as telling reporters. "I am not a coward," adding the murder charge is "politically motivated."

(The Australian.com)

Abhisit dismissed the case against him as "political" last week, saying he had no choice but to take tough action.

• Like 2

Tarit and his paymaster keep on pushing the buttons and they will indeed succeed in pushing one button too many. The whole affair is a warning to everyone in Thailand as to what the fate of democracy would and is slowly becoming under the P.T.P. and their puppet master..

Remember in the war on drugs Thaksins paid killers the police force even executed a refrigerator as drug dealer. Nothing and no one wil be safe under the projected Thaksin demonocracy.

Let the wheels turn on this matter.

Remember Thaksin and Tarit and your brown nosing acolytes that when your turn comes ( and it will ) to be the grist for the mill

''The mills of God grind exceceedinly slow but they grind exceedingly small.''

Your actions will too have their consequences.

Edited by metisdead
: Oversize image removed.

I had to check my calendar there to see if today was April 1st, it wasn't. Mmmm, what else could this be? A spoof? The Onion? What! It's for real, 700 cases of attempted murder and 800 more of grievous harm, wow that will keep the court tied up for years, and we haven't even got around to looking into the leadership of the other side.

• And over and above getting all of the we know who family into the top government posts and I mean ALL OF THEM, now to boot, let's close down the 7,000 illegitimate guest houses and hotels so that the rates in Thailand can be as high as they are in Hong Kong so the big guys in the PTP can cash in big time as they own most of the big hotels ... Man this country really needs a BIG SLAP IN THE FACE ... URGENTLY ! Oh and let us not forget to nail the illegitimate music playing in the bars to make more money and also the illegal this and whatever they come up with ON A DAILY BASIS ACCORDING TO THEIR WHIMS... Foreigners who are engaged here in business are not liked ... Ok to copy their ideas and TRY to do same / same but don't let them survive at any cost ... It'll cost them in the end and that is coming soon...

I had to check my calendar there to see if today was April 1st, it wasn't. Mmmm, what else could this be? A spoof? The Onion? What! It's for real, 700 cases of attempted murder and 800 more of grievous harm, wow that will keep the court tied up for years, and we haven't even got around to looking into the leadership of the other side.

It's a good move.

Once all these injuries are reported/shown it's going to dawn on the dems the enormity of what they did.

It's also paving the way for the ICC.

All in good time.

Incidentally how many soldiers were shot dead by the red shirts/MIB.

It doesn't really matter if people think that the protesters were right or wrong in what they were trying to achieve, if Abhisit gave orders that they should be killed or attempted to be killed to stop the demonstrations then he should be tried as such but of course there are political motives involved in this also.

Governments get away with murdering their own people every year in demonstrations such as this and it is about time they were brought into account for their actions

We are talking about murder and attempted murder of his own people here, I hope he is brought to justice if the allegations are true.

Edited by darrendsd
  • Like 2

It doesn't really matter if people think that the protesters were right or wrong in what they were trying to achieve, if Abhisit gave orders that they should be killed or attempted to be killed to stop the demonstrations then he should be tried as such but of course there are political motives involved in this also.

Governments get away with murdering their own people every year in demonstrations such as this and it is about time they were brought into account for their actions

We are talking about murder and attempted murder of his own people here, I hope he is brought to justice if the allegations are true.

"demonstrations such as this"

Are you saying that there are regularly demonstrations where the protesters come armed with guns and grenades?

Sent from my HTC phone.

• Like 2

You think he is that stupid? He would have signed an order authorizing lethal force under certain circumstances to achieve a goal.

So then it comes down to proving what was actually conveyed to the troops on the ground. You think Abhisit would sign a shoot to kill order?

UPDATE

POLITICS

Abhisit, Suthep could face 700 attempted murder charges

PIYANUT TUMNUKASETCHAI

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- The chief of the Department of Special Investigation will today hold a meeting of DSI and other police investigators to speed up work on more than 700 attempted-murder cases against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and former deputy PM Suthep Thaugsuban.

DSI director-general Tarit Pengdith said he would hold the meeting at 9am to tell investigators to speed up the checking of documents in the cases, which involve people who were shot and injured during the political violence of April and May 2010.

Tarit said the investigators would later review the cases with public prosecutors before filing attempted-murder charges against Abhisit and Suthep.

Tarit said investigators had been told to separate the cases of about 1,500 people who were injured into those with severe injuries and those with minor injuries. Abhisit and Suthep would be charged with attempted murder in the cases of severe injury, and would face charges of physical assault in the remaining cases.

A well-informed DSI source said about 700 people were severely injured in the 2010 political violence, so Abhisit and Suthep would face a similar number of attempted-murder charges.

The source said Tarit also ordered investigators to divide the injury cases into four groups based on dates and locations.

The first group involves people injured at the Khok Wua Intersection on April 10, 2010. The second, third and fourth groups cover people injured on May 13-19, 2010, at various locations including Ratchaprasong, Bon Kai, Din Daeng and Phya Thai.

It was not immediately clear which groups covered which sets of intersections.

Tarit said the DSI might wait until the next parliamentary session expires on April 19 before charging Abhisit and Suthep in the attempted-murder cases.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-19

• Like 1