Cake Shop Central

black fox

This place:

http://www.secretrecipe.co.th/main.asp

If not in Central anymore, they have a location on Beach Road fairly close to Walking Street.

This site indicates they are still at Central, 5th floor, beach side.

Your bad. They still have their original branch at Central...I know because I ate a sinfully delicious piece of Chocolate Indulgence cake there yesterday. It's located on the fifth floor, all the way on the beach side, across from the Swenson's ice cream.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

This place:

http://www.secretrecipe.co.th/main.asp

If not in Central anymore, they have a location on Beach Road fairly close to Walking Street.

This site indicates they are still at Central, 5th floor, beach side.

Your bad. They still have their original branch at Central...I know because I ate a sinfully delicious piece of Chocolate Indulgence cake there yesterday. It's located on the fifth floor, all the way on the beach side, across from the Swenson's ice cream.

OK, I'm bad. Feel better?

are they better than swenson ice cream cake

Once I bough a black cake from swensen for my GF, omg what a great cake, it was only like 500 or 600 bath

i need to do this more often swensen cakes rule

Secret Recipe doesn't do ice-cream cakes so can't really compare the two. S-R's specialty is dairy based layer cakes and cheese-cakes. IMHO, they are the best western-style cakes in Thailand. They have outlets in Bangkok as well and are a chain out of Malaysia I believe.

Swenson's ice-cream cakes are fine, if you want that type of cake and don't mind the sweetness.

Secret Recipe is no doubt the best in Pattaya if not all of Thailand.

Everyone I have ever taken there has thought everything they have eaten there has been first rate.

Well the cakes are good based on my limited tastings, but I rarely eat cake, but they all certainly LOOK good.

However, their food menu I think is just OK. It tastes like franchise food, which it is.

For example their Singapore/Malaysia offerings like laksa are just OK, not at the level you would expect in those countries.

The other local places that I know that serve laksa are the Saigon Cafe (Secret is probably better) and I think maybe the s.e.a. restaurant in the Dusit D2 hotel.

Edited by Jingthing