Drink-Binge British Tourist, 47, Dies In Thai Hotel Room After Girlfriend Flew Home Following Row

webfact

His girlfriend was Indonesian so doubt she would have gone to the UK. RIP Carsten. Was class to know you mate.

Why does the article say his gf was British and that she returned to the UK?

he's right, the girl is Indonesian, and had two passports never entered the UK after this happened. The man knows what he writes @ topic

His girlfriend was Indonesian so doubt she would have gone to the UK. RIP Carsten. Was class to know you mate.

Erh, because it's the Daily mail, pretty simple really.

Surely they write the right story, dream on :) Guess you like the Sun and all that :+

"Carsten Denbigh reportedly found on floor in room in Wang Krachae, Muang

He had visited Ko Mak island in Trat one week ago but later went to Muang"

"He had visited Ko Mak Island but later went to Muang"

Do the journalists who write these articles in the UK have any idea what they're talking about? Do they actually know what 'Muang' means?

Isn't that Dons last name?

Please don't post email addresses. They encourage spam into your mailbox. Also please note that the Language used on Thaivisa is English apart from in the Thai language forum.

English...for now. Everywhere I go lately, all menus are in Russian..

But back on the topic.....

I remember a friend of mine at a bar, taking some pills, and drinking heavily. Brokenhearthed he told me he was.

20 years old.

But at 47....darn.

Might be a bit more to this story...

I drink and sometimes drink for several days in a row and also have mates that can polish of a ton of booze between us Im 47 and I don't think it was Booze there must of been underlying conditions and not just a binge session

I'm a drinking man, and I've been known to go on heavy duty binges. We all forget the effect that alcohol has on our vital organs, I think everybody will have felt their heart palpitating at some point as your body struggles to keep up.

Over the years I have known dozens of friends, and I am not exaggerating, who have died during sessions, the youngest was 18. I rember a spate in1995 when I lost 5 friends in two weeks, all from the same small housing estate and all aged between 36-38.

There's a couple of times I've ended up with alcohol poisoning, anybody that has experienced that will tell you how horrific it is. We all take a risk when we go on a binge, and we can lose self control and drink like madmen. That's when we are at our most dangerous to ourselves.

We can't second guess what was in the mind of this gentleman, there but for the grace of God goes many of us.

I see his friends are singing his praises and that is tribute to years of knowing him, that will do for me. His death will most certainly have been an unintended consequence of a binge. Now it's time for those that knew him to celebrate his life and the rest of us not to second guess or speculate.

Edited by theblether
  • Like 2

More poor reporting from the Daily Mail. Unsurprising.

• Like 1

Like Hans, I knew Carst for 26 years. The man was a legend, and a top, top bloke who will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

Absolutely gutted, so please no more ignorant posts based on one report from scummy newspapers.

RIP, stout yeoman.

Hi Steve and Hans, I was also a good mate of Carsten's from Hong Kong and UK times. He was a top bloke & is sorely missed by many around the world today and who knows what happened except Carsten himself.

A stout yeoman indeed :-) that brings back a smile! If you can shed any more light on what happened & have any more details please let us know - I think you may have sent out the email today Steve from his address?

Cheers, Dave R

Poor Lad, wonder what his (ex) GF is thinking now....

Perhaps relief. Binge drinkers /alcoholics are not the ideal partners in life. If she left, she may have just had enough, In any case, it's not her problem.

Not the right thing to say without knowing the full facts or the man himself.