I Want To Teach

graham r

Hi, I'm a newbie, so please forgive me if these questions have been asked before.

This is the situation : I'm married to a Thai, and we have a house in Phetchabon province :o . I enjoy teaching my wifes' familys' kids, and would like to do some more, (preferably part time) teaching. I have no degree, but have done a city and guilds (UK) course on teaching English to non native speakers. I used to teach voluntarily at an adult education class, in the Uk. What are my chances here ? Where I live, the people ( especially the kids) are great, and I would like to be able to contribute something back. I'm not too worried about pay, I don't have a work permit, though expenses to cover my costs would be good. Is there any way I can teach ? Even just popping into some of the local schools for a couple of hours a day would be good, but I don't want to invalidate my visa. Any ideas ? :D

Hi, I'm a newbie, so please forgive me if these questions have been asked before.

This is the situation : I'm married to a Thai, and we have a house in Phetchabon province :D . I enjoy teaching my wifes' familys' kids, and would like to do some more, (preferably part time) teaching. I have no degree, but have done a city and guilds (UK) course on teaching English to non native speakers. I used to teach voluntarily at an adult education class, in the Uk. What are my chances here ? Where I live, the people ( especially the kids) are great, and I would like to be able to contribute something back. I'm not too worried about pay, I don't have a work permit, though expenses to cover my costs would be good. Is there any way I can teach ? Even just popping into some of the local schools for a couple of hours a day would be good, but I don't want to invalidate my visa. Any ideas ? :D

graham r,

If you like teaching and are not in need of a "Work Visa" or monitary rewards for your work, go to the nearest Wat and volunteer your services.

:D ChiefBEM

This is the situation : I'm married to a Thai, and we have a house in Phetchabon province :D . I enjoy teaching my wifes' familys' kids, and would like to do some more, (preferably part time) teaching. I have no degree, but have done a city and guilds (UK) course on teaching English to non native speakers. I used to teach voluntarily at an adult education class, in the Uk. What are my chances here ? Where I live, the people ( especially the kids) are great, and I would like to be able to contribute something back. I'm not too worried about pay, I don't have a work permit, though expenses to cover my costs would be good. Is there any way I can teach ? Even just popping into some of the local schools for a couple of hours a day would be good, but I don't want to invalidate my visa. Any ideas ? :D

graham r,

If you like teaching and are not in need of a "Work Visa" or monitary rewards for your work, go to the nearest Wat and volunteer your services.

:D ChiefBEM

Sorry, I need to change "monitary" to "monetary."

:o

I not too sure you City and Guilds might throw any weight with schools in Asia. Because it's not something they'd be familiar with it.

If you have the cash get yourself a TESOL (TEFL International) or a CELTA. One of those combined with your C & B should suffice.

But with your experience I couldn't see you having any problems anyway.

S B