Budget Hotels In On Nut Area?

beachroadlover2

I stayed at Imm Fusion recently. Good location (right by On Nut bts) and loved the decor of the "Moroccan style" courtyard and reception area. Rooms were ok, nothing to write home about. Cost not too bad around 1000baht for a standard room.

I think there may be some cheaper places down soi 81 that you can pay per day. There is also a hotel on On Nut soi 10 that has recently had a face lift, but not sure of the cost.

Green Bells hotel in soi 79 is quite nice (http://www.thegreenbells.com/onnut/english/promotion.htm) not particularly budget though.

Edited by mooro_uk

I stayed at Imm Fusion recently. Good location (right by On Nut bts) and loved the decor of the "Moroccan style" courtyard and reception area. Rooms were ok, nothing to write home about. Cost not too bad around 1000baht for a standard room.

I think there may be some cheaper places down soi 81 that you can pay per day.

I contacted them and was informed they had a joiner fee (aka guest fee) unless you book a double.

Thank you for the reply.

Edited by beachroadlover2

If you can stretch to 1,260 baht per double room per night if staying 2 nights or more (or 1,125 per night without breakfast) then go for The Bedrooms Boutique Hotel. http://www.thebedroo...ommodation.html

Very modern/chic (ie big glass window so your partner can see you crapping in the bathroomclap2.gif). 5 minutes walk to BTS if you cut through the back of Big C. Small rooms (fake pine strip or something similar) but comfortable beds and good room facilities (wifi/coffee/safe/good flat screen channel selection) and a very good buffet breakfast for the price. Its on the eastern side of Big C 200 metres down soi On Nut (Sukhumvit soi 77). Young friendly staff. Attracts Thai guests from the media/fashion scene as well as a smattering of falangs and their beaus (of the one night and full-time variety). I stayed there several times before I bought a condo in the area.

One that your wife or casual partner will be impresssed with and a big step up from the overused falang hotels further down Suk.

Best Western Klassique is a 6 month old hotel tucked down the slip road running from Sukhumvit to the Prakanong Klong on the northern side of Sukhumvit just before the soi 77/Sukhumvit traffic lights. I haven't tried it but would expect the facilities to be similar to TBBH. I see Agoda have rooms from 935 baht.

There's another hotel in that area (between Sukhumvit and the small fresh market close to the aforementioned traffic lights, called Baan Nonsuch or something similar, which a lot of falang use on daily, weekly and monthly rates. No idea on rates but the bar/restaurant in its back garden is well-liked by local expats.

Edited by SantiSuk

This new trend for glass bathrooms is appalling. The Jasmine Resort Hotel up the road has frosted glass toilet cubicles in the room. So you guest can't exactly see you having a dump, but they get the full auditory experierence.

Near that area is Lilla Hotel and DS67 Suites, which are also relatively cheap and convenient to the BTS.

I've stayed at the Bedrooms Boutique Hotel in past years, and it was a very pleasant place at a reasonable price.

The plus was it being directly next to what's now the Big C shopping center there, with an MK restaurant, Black Canyon Coffee, Swenson's and various bank outlets and other retail places inside. There's also a lot of modestly priced Thai massage places on the small soi that runs between Big C and the main Sukhumvit Road, enroute to the OnNut BTS Station.

The downside was it's a bit of a walk from the hotel to the OnNut BTS station. Maybe 10 minutes. Not too far, but it's an additional add-on if the guest is already frequently taking the extended BTS trip between central locations like Siam Square and outlying ones like OnNut. But if someone is just staying locally in the OnNut area for whatever reason, it's less of a consideration.

• Like 1

There are many options if you get away from the BTS further up On Nut road. They are all aimed at the Thai market. If proximity to the BTS is important, you can't beat the Bedrooms. It is far superior to Imm Fusion. I've stayed at both. They are both acceptable, but Bedrooms has a clear advantage on every point imaginable ....