Entire Family Killed In Midnight Motorcycle Crash: Pattaya

webfact

Entire family killed in midnight motorcycle crash

By Staff Reporter

b.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung Police were called to a fatal accident which killed a complete family, riding a motorcycle which crashed into a power pole just after midnight on Thursday.

The bodies of Father, Mother and young son were recovered from the scene and the mangled wreckage of their black Honda motorcycle taken for further examination. At the scene officers believed that no other [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattaya10...midnight-crash/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2012-12-21

footer_n.gif

Family of 3 killed in road crash as they return from Birthday Party in Banglamung

PATTAYA:--A family of three, consisting of a Husband and Wife along with their 7 year old son were killed in, what is believed to be, a single-vehicle road accident in a remote road in the Banglamung area just before 1am on Friday as they returned from a party held to celebrate the 41st Birthday of the female crash victim.

Police and rescue services rushed to the locations and determined the three family members were killed after their Black and Red Honda Click motorbike slammed into a concrete pylon situated on the side of the road.

The crash occurred on a sharp curve and according to skid marks on the road, the bike appears to have entered the curve too fast causing the driver to lose control. The three deceased family members were named as Khun Parsit aged 45 and his wife Khun Kingthong aged 41 along with their son, Master Supasek aged 8.

A mobile phone at the scene was used to contact family members who confirmed that the family had visited them earlier in the night to celebrate the birthday of Khun Kingthong.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/68734/family-3-killed-road-crash-return-birthday-party-banglamung/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-12-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What amazes me is how certain actions that are very normal here are completely unacceptable in most places. If you were to ride an overloaded motorbike with a child with no helmets in some places you would be instantly famous as the story goes all over the news and they take your child away from you forever and you spend a good amount of time behind bars thinking about what you did. It is endangering a child's life and the child has absolutely no say in it. Driving recklessly could also be endangering the lives of others and is equally unacceptable. And I see these things many times a day here. Hub of irresponsibility?

• Like 1

Not a happy birthday. I can see why the Thai police try so hard to enforce helmet laws. Maybe it would have helped, but we will never know. My best thoughts to the family.

I know why you think that. It's because they pull people up for no helmet on occasion.

However, it is not the case.

They pay no attention to the quality or lack of it of the helmet.

They pay no attention to the strap.

They only enforce the law during certain times of the day.

They ignore whole sub-districts like the sub-district where I live. Nobody wears a helmet.

They take bribes and let the driver go.

If you want some very good comparisons, look at Malaysia and Vietnam, where helmet wearing is much, much, much more prevalent.

• Like 1

Not a happy birthday. I can see why the Thai police try so hard to enforce helmet laws. Maybe it would have helped, but we will never know. My best thoughts to the family.

As the last post said, the Police really do not try and enforce the law. If they did almost every bike on the road would be stopped but how many times do drivers with no helmets drive past a policeman and get ignored. I asked a policeman once why he didn't stop people with no helmets and he said it wasn't his job that day. I also asked him why he was not wearing a helmet! He just laughed.

If a few English traffic police were brought to Pattaya for a month the roads would be emptied and the jails full. Also a lot of accidents would be prevented and many lives saved.

Chris

• Like 1

As the last post said, the Police really do not try and enforce the law. If they did almost every bike on the road would be stopped but how many times do drivers with no helmets drive past a policeman and get ignored. I asked a policeman once why he didn't stop people with no helmets and he said it wasn't his job that day. I also asked him why he was not wearing a helmet! He just laughed.

If a few English traffic police were brought to Pattaya for a month the roads would be emptied and the jails full. Also a lot of accidents would be prevented and many lives saved.

Chris

A few police against these overwhelming numbers of drunken and helmless drivers, are you kidding? Besides, the Thai police force is larger than the English one, and it doesn't suffice. 230.000 vs 142.000.

Helmets would have made little difference in this accident, slamming into a concrete pole at 60kph is worse than jumping from the tenth floor. Having one kid this age on a bike between the parents is not particularly risky, there are more reckless folks out there. Those who drive a bike with one hand because the other holds a toddler, or dog, or cargo, or an umbrella, or the cellphone.

Edited by Potosi
  • Like 1

How sad to read this - tragic RIP

Helmets would not have saved anyone here, a lot of people have a missconception about helmets and what they are designed to do, they will protect your head from a drop of about 2 meters at up to 20mph (nothing to do with your forward velocity) which is the sort of ground impact your head will take if you come of a motorbike at any speed and I'm talking here about a top rated DOT approved full face helmet, if you are unlucky enough to hit a solid object head on going at anything above 20mph with a good helmet on - your chances of survival are minimal

Did someone say that the Thai Police try to enforce the helmet laws?? No, they only use that to collect money. If they really wanted to get people to wear helments, it would only take a week, and the same time could enforce tail lite laws. If everyone paid 400 baht, for every offence, it wouldnt take long, before everyone had a helmet, mama, pappa, and the kids. These bike riders dont have enough money to pay 3 times a day. I see these clowns every day, they even have the helmet on, but when they reach the dark side, they take it off!! What f....... idiots, but it must mean your cool, if you dont wear the helmet. Every time I see a family on a bike, I know that at some time, their number will be up, and they just all sit there and smile and laugh, eating, drinking, playing with the phone.

• Like 1