If You Get Caught Working With Out A Wp

Theoretically whats the outcome if you are caught?

A big fine or prison?

I know 5 years is the max in prison.

Anyone know anyone that has been caught and the punishment?

Would this also result in a red stamp in the Passport?

Cheers. :o

Theoretically whats the outcome if you are caught?

A big fine or prison?

I know 5 years is the max in prison.

Anyone know anyone that has been caught and the punishment?

Would this also result in a red stamp in the Passport?

Cheers. :o

dude, 5 years is drug selling senetance, not WP, come on, Farangs are not harvesting gold

in thailand.

Cheers Guys...

5 years for working with out a WP is what you COULD get

Thats why i asked the question of a LIKELY outcome :o

I know it better to have a WP - its always best to have the necessary documentation, but its not always possible.

Below is from the Thai embassy website

"Any alien who engages in work without a work permit or in violation of the conditions of his work as stipulated in his permit may be punished by a term of imprisonment not exceeding three months or a find of up to 5,000 baht or both. Aliens engaged in work prohibited to them by Royal Decree shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to a fine in an amount ranging form 2,000baht to 100,000 or both. Any violation of the nature of the work specified in the permit may be punished with imprisonment not exceeding three years or a fine of up to 60,000 baht, or both. "

Below is from the Thai embassy website

"Any alien who engages in work without a work permit or in violation of the conditions of his work as stipulated in his permit may be punished by a term of imprisonment not exceeding three months or a find of up to 5,000 baht or both. Aliens engaged in work prohibited to them by Royal Decree shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to a fine in an amount ranging form 2,000baht to 100,000 or both. Any violation of the nature of the work specified in the permit may be punished with imprisonment not exceeding three years or a fine of up to 60,000 baht, or both. "

Not worth the trouble is it :o

A friend was caught playing (actually just sitting in) on stage with a Thai Band at a small club here in Bangkok... They took him to the station, held him for about 9 hours, made all kinds of threats, but eventually let him go with a 10,000 baht fine and the promise to not "Work" in Thailand ever again.... Don't know if the fine was an "Offical Fine" or just went into someone's pocket... Nothing was ever placed in his passport, and he has been back twice since then... That was about 3 years ago....

Pianoman

Aliens engaged in work prohibited to them by Royal Decree shall be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or to a fine in an amount ranging form 2,000baht to 100,000 or both.

Anyone have any url to the list of the restricted work-areas? Saw it several years ago but cannot find my way back in the 404-jungle of thai goverment sites...