Frankfurt Germany On May 7Th

sid1967

As you know, Yermanee, I've been researching this also. Aeroflot is the cheapest. I've flown them before, but also Air India. Air India is one to never do again.

I'm looking into alternatives, which are not that much more than Aeroflot.

May I ask why you'd never do Air India again? I'm thinking of taking them in a few months time to Dublin (well, London and then BA to Dublin).

As you know, Yermanee, I've been researching this also. Aeroflot is the cheapest. I've flown them before, but also Air India. Air India is one to never do again.

Hi Craig,

I've checked Matrix and Flug Idealo and Aeroflot comes the cheapest on both. Depending on the day of departure 28K, 29K and 30K

Next cheapest are China Eastern and Air China (not China Airlines) followed by Sri Lankan, Finair and Oman at 33K.

All this for flights to FRA. Can maybe find similar for other destinations where the competition is more severe. It also depends on what you call not much more. A friend of mine flew Aeroflot a couple of months ago and upon arrival in Brussels immediately cancelled his return flight. It wasn't so much the planes or the service as the other passengers. He claimed that after a couple of hours the interior reeked of cheap wodka and vomit. Maybe he exaggerates. I seem to remember that Beano is due to fly them shortly so maybe he can tell us more real soon.

Sorry cannot help you more.

Yermanee wai.gif

• Like 1

May I ask why you'd never do Air India again? I'm thinking of taking them in a few months time to Dublin (well, London and then BA to Dublin).

Wifey had a very bad experience with them a few years ago. And the reviews on the various airline review websites are not very good.

I flew them one time and it was OK. But wifey's experience scared me.

Hi Craig,

I've checked Matrix and Flug Idealo and Aeroflot comes the cheapest on both. Depending on the day of departure 28K, 29K and 30K

Next cheapest are China Eastern and Air China (not China Airlines) followed by Sri Lankan, Finair and Oman at 33K.

All this for flights to FRA. Can maybe find similar for other destinations where the competition is more severe. It also depends on what you call not much more. A friend of mine flew Aeroflot a couple of months ago and upon arrival in Brussels immediately cancelled his return flight. It wasn't so much the planes or the service as the other passengers. He claimed that after a couple of hours the interior reeked of cheap wodka and vomit. Maybe he exaggerates. I seem to remember that Beano is due to fly them shortly so maybe he can tell us more real soon.

Sorry cannot help you more.

Yermanee wai.gif

Ha! I figure for an extra $100 or so, fly with one of the better airlines. Just to be safe....

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Ha! I figure for an extra $100 or so, fly with one of the better airlines. Just to be safe....

Thanks for the info!

You're welcome.

My sentiments exactly !!!

Can spoil your holiday if you have to be wary about the return flight.sad.png

Cheers Craig

Yermanee wai.gif

A friend of mine flew Aeroflot a couple of months ago and upon arrival in Brussels immediately cancelled his return flight. It wasn't so much the planes or the service as the other passengers. He claimed that after a couple of hours the interior reeked of cheap wodka and vomit. Maybe he exaggerates.

Yermanee wai.gif

He sugarcoated it. Forgot to mention that after a couple of hours, you can't go to the loo anymore. People sleeping in the aisles everywhere. I booked them a couple of times when they were the last airline to Bangkok where you could still smoke. Later on Turkmenistan Air where you could smoke with the staff in the kitchen. They don't go to FRA anymore, I think. Security concerns about the state of the aircrafts. Anyway, savings by booking Aeroflot are gone if you have a long stopover in Moscow. The prices for food and drinks are the highest in the world, really exorbitant.

According to this, Finnair looks good. 2nd cheapest and short stopovers. http://www.swoodoo.com/flights/BKK-FRA/2013-05-07/2013-05-21