10 Days Late For 90 Day Report - Is Chaengwattana Open On 24 December?

partington

Stupidly, I'm 10 days past my 90-day report date (on retirement extension), and need to do it right now. So couple of questions:

1. I'm assuming Chaengwattana Immigration is open 24th December, as this is not a Thai holiday. Is this correct, as I can't find any website information on this?

2. What actually happens when you're late? On the report form itself it says you can be fined up to 5000B for reporting late, but I've read here that the 'usual' fine is 2000B. Does the immigration official name a random figure between 2000 and 5000B, and you just have to cough up?

Expensive mistake.

And before anyone says: how can you forget, just put it in your PC calendar and set it to remind you a few days before. Well I always do do that, and thought I had after my last report ...but I obviously forgot to enter it. Oooops.

Normally fine 2000 baht,my last one was a year late,no problems just pay.

Yes, this is what happened to me as well.

"Oh I'm late", I said. Nice female officer said "ohOO fine 2000 baht!" I said "aagh jep (painful)" She laughed, I said "first time in 2 years I was late", she said "Oh, I look" and pretended to scan through passport for previous late stamps. Very pleasant experience.

No problems, they have forms ready for the 2000B fine , you sign and get receipt.

She did stamp that I was late, and fined, into the passport, so it does get recorded, but all easy and above board.