Steve Jobs' Superyacht Impounded Over Unpaid Bill

webfact

That is one ugly boat... bah.gif

Well, whattaya expect from a designer named Starck?

Looks like something Captain Nemo ordered in 1960.

Well , like his latest computers it looks like it is not only an iBoat but he also incorporated windows in to it tongue.png

I wonder how she will handle on open waters? The prospect of a minimalist boat cruising the islands is hideous, where do all the chicks in bikinis lay around? no sofas and sheepskin rugs etc tongue.png It would take a special Captain and crew to feel at home and comfortable on that bridge.

"Starck said he was to be paid a fixed sum of nine million euros, while lawyers for Jobs' estate said he was to be paid a percentage of the project's cost equal to six million euros."

My next job is gong to be yacht design!!

Edited by Scott
font

"Starck said he was to be paid a fixed sum of nine million euros, while lawyers for Jobs' estate said he was to be paid a percentage of the project's cost equal to six million euros." My next job is gong to be yacht design!!

How long does it take to draw a design of a boat? I did some drafting of houses in my salad years. A boat design might take 3 hours, with some detail. That's 100,000 Euros a minute, or 3 million Euros per hour. Not a scruffy wage for some drawings.

.....and the same types of people who pay that sort of money for a (partial) design are the type who won't drop 10 baht in a beggar's cup while walking (with a 'sniff' sound) briskly by them on a city sidewalk.

Give it to me, I'll fill it up with a load of Aussies and dock it at Phuket.

And hope another tsunami doesn't come over the horizon. I agree with a previous poster; where do the chicks in bikinis hang out? Perhaps the designer can add a couple basketball court sized decks - one on either side - and charge an additional 4 million Euros for his 20 minutes of drafting efforts.